Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

PMDG dropped first shot of their new NG3

46 minutes ago, simbol said:

Saying I am under NDAs breaks nothing and stop telling me I am spreading speculations while I am not.

If you have a problem with what I said take it to the forums moderators.

Regards 

S.

Do you see other developers saying they are under the FS2020 NDA? No. It's for a reason.

Everything is speculation until proven. You are stating "facts" and asking people to believe you, when there's no way for people to confirm or backup your claims.

Not sure why I'd have to go to the mods for that.

Edited by Tino
  • Upvote 1

Sante Sottile

one thing to consider is that various types of companies are probably working with MS under NDA.  That doesn't mean all partners are privy to the same level of information.  I would guess that a company of the size/influence of PMDG probably is pretty high up in the information known department.  SIMBOL, you may end up being correct.  But you may end up being wrong on this one.  I suspect it's possible PMDG is deeper into this project than you are giving credit. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

one thing to consider is that various types of companies are probably working with MS under NDA.  That doesn't mean all partners are privy to the same level of information.  I would guess that a company of the size/influence of PMDG probably is pretty high up in the information known department.  SIMBOL, you may end up being correct.  But you may end up being wrong on this one.  I suspect it's possible PMDG is deeper into this project than you are giving credit. 

Your suggestions would mean a 3rd party developer would have a preference against others or that certain 3rd party developers would have a better SDK or tolls than others.

This is not how it works, everyone working with a 3rd party platform always have access to the same level of support, software development tools and access.

Serious firms like Microsoft and Locked Martin have very high levels of ethics which prevents such things from happening.

Regards,

S.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tino said:

Do you see other developers saying they are under the FS2020 NDA? No. It's for a reason.

Actually some have said.

It doesn't matter what your argument or believes are. Addons require time and an SDK to be developed and produced.

If you believe an airplane with the quality of PMDG can be completed in 8 moths for a new entire groundbreaking sim, it shows how little your knowledge and understanding of how the developing cycle works.

All developers will also need to learn how to do things for the new simulator, it is not like we can connect to a mainframe like NEO in the matrix and learn in 3 seconds how everything works.

S.

35 minutes ago, Tino said:

In fairness, you don't know what the terms of the NDA he signed with MS are. So until you get either a copy, or a law degree that affords you the ability of requesting a copy, you should sit back down.

• Like 5

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

17 minutes ago, simbol said:

Actually some have said.

Please show me 1 other developer who said they are actively working under NDA with MS. I would love to see that.

If you believe an airplane with the quality of PMDG can be completed in 8 moths for a new entire groundbreaking sim

I never said that an airplane by PMDG or others would be prepped in 8 months. Show me where I stated that? I said they could be actively working with Asobo \ MS. Doesn't mean they are working on a product for MS2020 release. High level dev's could be working with them on SDK's, Solutions, Development of certain area's for future integration. Who knows. You sure don't. That's why its called speculation.

it shows how little your knowledge and understanding of how the developing cycle works.

LOL

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

All developers will also need to learn how to do things for the new simulator, it is not like we can connect to a mainframe like NEO in the matrix and learn in 3 seconds how everything works.

Yup, many developers will need to learn. I never said they wouldn't, but I can guarantee some products will be out a lot sooner than 2023. lol

• Upvote 1

Sante Sottile

22 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

In fairness, you don't know what the terms of the NDA he signed with MS are. So until you get either a copy, or a law degree that affords you the ability of requesting a copy, you should sit back down.

I never stated I had a copy of the NDA. My point is, all information that Simbol is spreading should be considered "speculation" and not "fact" until he is able to prove from factual sources. I could easily say I'm also under NDA and do the same thing.

I'll keep standing thanks.

Edited by Tino
  • Upvote 1

Sante Sottile

31 minutes ago, Tino said:

Perhaps instead of standing there, you should go take a walk outside so you can channel your energy and cynicism towards something positive instead of arguing on the internet.

Take a breath, Tino.

• Like 2

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

2 hours ago, Tino said:

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

OK, taking time off from my bowl of popcorn for one last observation...  putting aside for the moment all question of NDAs and all speculation about development timelines, I'll just say that, purely from a business perspective, it's in the interests of both Microsoft and the third-party developers to have add-ons coming onstream as quickly as possible after release.  In that scenario, both sides generate revenue and Microsoft gets to support a couple of its claims: that MSFS will be the leading flightsim, and that Microsoft is in tune with what the hardcore simming community needs and wants.

What will actually happen is, of course, anybody's guess.  But looking at it through a business lens, I'd be surprised if it took years for quality add-ons to hit the market.

Now, back to snacking... 😎

• Like 1

Hhmmmm so many unhappy peeps lol...I’ll just say I’m extremely happy PMDG is making the NG3 for P3D..I will be standing in line when it comes out as I know I will be getting my monies worth in their product. I will enjoy it, and when the new flight sim comes out I will cross that bridge when I’m ready..but for now, thank you PMDG for putting the time and effort in the NG3 and can’t wait to get my hands on it.

simming would be rather bland without these developers. You have my business when it comes out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

3 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

Perhaps instead of standing there, you should go take a walk outside so you can channel your energy and cynicism towards something positive instead of arguing on the internet.

Take a breath, Tino.

🤣 he should, what a waste of energy would be wise to take that walk...

As for the op thanks for sharing looks like a lot of hard work done over there.

Edited by awf

André

I swear the Windscreen is still way way too big. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

5 hours ago, Tino said:

I never stated I had a copy of the NDA. My point is, all information that Simbol is spreading should be considered "speculation" and not "fact" until he is able to prove from factual sources. I could easily say I'm also under NDA and do the same thing.

You show how ill informed you are.  A want to be......

NDA’s rarely exclude being able to say the information is protected by an NDA.

it makes perfect sense what he is saying. I suggest you sit on the sidelines and hold your breath until the release of this new MS product and cry your eyes out once you release what a nut job you are....

Edited by barramundilure
  • Like 2

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling