Jump to content

Drumcode

PMDG dropped first shot of their new NG3

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Extremely boring. Sorry, 737 has been done, it works good, time for another model such as a 767 or something. Boring.

737 NGX (or iFly one) is far from done as today(747v3,MD82,FSL320...)'s standard

It's AP can't even turn 90 degree turn well with zero wind....and system lacks the "organic" feeling, with a lot of bugs(while not very obvious in most normal condtion)

Share this post


Link to post

I assume you mean a 90 degree turn at high speed? The P3D version of the NGX on my PC performs a 90 degree turn onto final approach with zero wind flawlessly.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters2.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

 

The reality is, even if some addons can be ported, you might not see them in the new simulator until 2022-2023 and that is assuming everything goes well.

If you want something now, don't hold up.. You have plenty of time to enjoy it for your current simulator.

My 2 cents

Simbol 

I'm sure I'll purchase if it's good.  But I'd be willing to bet PMDG will support the next simulator prior to 2022.  Nonetheless, this is exciting news and I look forward to learning more about what's new!


9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.  Win 10 Home. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, micstatic said:

PMDG will support the next simulator prior to 2022. 

Based on which facts? What if the SDK doesn't give them all they need?  Besides do you think all developers just stopped working on their current projects when MS made the announcement?

I repeat again. Currently all developers are still waiting to see what it can be done for the new simulator. This means, we are NOT working for anything at the moment to support the new simulator, no because we are not willing to do so, but just because WE CAN'T, we have no tools yet to do so.

The product is just on Alpha guys, give everyone a break. All 3rd party content developers will continue their current planned roadmaps and projects, nothing has changed and nothing will until the new simulator gets closer to release.

Regards,

Simbol 

  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

If you want something now, don't hold up.. You have plenty of time to enjoy it for your current simulator.

You're assuming that people will continue using their now-current simulator after MSFS is released because MSFS won't have addons yet. Let's leave aside the question of whether these addons will really take years to come to fruition (maybe they will -- but if I were an addon developer I would have to be very foolish, or very brave, to be so confident that my competitors would wait that long to produce, say, a 737 for a new sim that has millions of potential customers).

Will I keep using P3D because I can't have my PMDG, or FSL, etc. on day one? To be blunt, based on what we've seen so far, it would be like going from FS9 back to FS5 -- or maybe even further. I just can't see myself doing it, however much I wish I had my PMDG or FSL planes in the new sim. I'm much more likely to just enjoy what aircraft are there in MSFS until more arrive.

James

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, honanhal said:

You're assuming that people will continue using their now-current simulator after MSFS is released because MSFS won't have addons yet. Let's leave aside the question of whether these addons will really take years to come to fruition (maybe they will -- but if I were an addon developer I would have to be very foolish, or very brave, to be so confident that my competitors would wait that long to produce, say, a 737 for a new sim that has millions of potential customers).

Will I keep using P3D because I can't have my PMDG, or FSL, etc. on day one? To be blunt, based on what we've seen so far, it would be like going from FS9 back to FS5 -- or maybe even further. I just can't see myself doing it, however much I wish I had my PMDG or FSL planes in the new sim. I'm much more likely to just enjoy what aircraft are there in MSFS until more arrive.

James

That is not the argument. The argument is that people believe these add-ons will be there on MS2020 on day one. THEY WONT.

Second, nothing I can do about your decision I respect it. But WE (Developers) CANT do anything for the new simulator without the tools, NOBODY HAS ONE This is what I am trying to make people understand.

So go ahead enjoy your new simulator, but it will not have your favorite airplanes, it will have the defaults you saw on the videos, nothing else.

S.

 

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is there any indication that the announcement of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator has significantly affected sales for P3D or XPlane?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters2.png

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Is there any indication that the announcement of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator has significantly affected sales for P3D or XPlane?

If it is, nobody will post it publicly, but i kinda doubt that. I'm buying stuff as usual, if i like it and will utilize it will get it. I'm not waiting for a year or longer for a new sim to arrive and then waiting some more for my most utilized addons to support the new sim.

Enjoy life peeps.

  • Like 7

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS X HERO, i7 8086k 4,8 Ghz, Corsair H100i v2, ASUS STRIX GTX1080Ti OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 840PRO, SAMSUNG 850EVO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus, ASUS PG348Q

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, simbol said:

That is not the argument. The argument is that people believe these add-ons will be there on MS2020 on day one. THEY WONT.

Second, nothing I can do about your decision I respect it. But WE (Developers) CANT do anything for the new simulator without the tools, NOBODY HAS ONE This is what I am trying to make people understand.

So go ahead enjoy your new simulator, but it will not have your favorite airplanes, it will have the defaults you saw on the videos, nothing else.

S.

 

how do you know for a fact how closely or not closely PMDG is working with MS right now?  


9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.  Win 10 Home. 

Share this post


Link to post

@Christopher Low I expect it will have severely hit P3D academic sales; who'll spend significant time and money moving their addons to a platform that will likely cease to be relevant in the consumer sphere in under 2 years? May as well stick with what you already have and see what MFS2020 brings; whilst I expect MFS20 will be lacking in high fidelity airliners to start with (although I could be wrong, if it had something approaching Aerosoft's P3D A320 quality then you could use it for realistic airliner flying from day 0), it seems to have the GA bases covered. Once the first high fidelity airliners arrive there'll just be the "SEASONS!" brigade left on P3D 🤣

I'd like to think MFS20 would hurt NG3 sales on P3D (especially as NGX has saturated the market) but the PMDG faithful will undoubtedly roll over and throw hundred dollar bills around with gleeful abandon even if it's potentially only for 18 months usage before they're asked to pay $100+ again to get the same thing on another platform 🤔 And that's before we either get to the expansion packs for the most common variants

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. Find my spec and settings in "About me" on my profile.

support1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

how do you know for a fact how closely or not closely PMDG is working with MS right now?  

I am under NDAs with MS.. I can't tell you anything without breaking such.. but you should trust the advise I am giving on this topic regarding timelines, etc.

S.

 

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, C2615 said:

737 NGX (or iFly one) is far from done as today(747v3,MD82,FSL320...)'s standard

It's AP can't even turn 90 degree turn well with zero wind....and system lacks the "organic" feeling, with a lot of bugs(while not very obvious in most normal condtion)

Yeah well, we all have our level of demand and the 737 is well well within the "flies perfectly" boundaries. I understand PMDG is all about money/business, but can't they venture into something new from time to time?

If they're doing the NG3, why not go a bit further and produce a MAX (the non-crashing version)? Now, that would still be 737, but at least it's brand new.

  • Upvote 1

Core i7 8700K @ 5.1GHz · 32GB DDR4 3600 15-15-15 · nVidia RTX2070 SUPER | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe · Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA

BenQ Designer PD3200Q VA 32" QHD · Corsair 460X RGB · Corsair H150i PRO · Seasonic Prime 750W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't call the 737 MAX new, more like reheated leftovers (and reheated one time too many it would seem). It would be nice for it to be bundled in with the NG3 but you can practically guarantee it will be an expansion, so even if you've no interest in the NG series you will have to buy them anyway.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. Find my spec and settings in "About me" on my profile.

support1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I wouldn't call the 737 MAX new, more like reheated leftovers (and reheated one time too many it would seem). It would be nice for it to be bundled in with the NG3 but you can practically guarantee it will be an expansion, so even if you've no interest in the NG series you will have to buy them anyway.

It's worth remembering that the NGX was split into 800/900 and 600/700 packages. There is no guarantee that we will get all of the NG planes in the release bundle.


Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters2.png

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, simbol said:

The reality is, even if some addons can be ported, you might not see them in the new simulator until 2022-2023 and that is assuming everything goes well.

That's pure speculation. Speaking of PMDG, no one knows if and when the NG3 will be released for the new Flight Simulator. The point is that most people want to avoid the situation that we had when PMDG released their P3D product line. Namely, paying twice for the exact same aircraft. So while your estimate could be correct, as long as there is a small chance that PMDG might release the NG3 earlier for the new FS, I'll certainly wait to avoid the aforementioned situation. Especially as PMDG has fueled the speculation of an early involvement with the new FS just two weeks ago.

For me it really depends on if PMDG will let us know about their future plans. So that I can make a factually based decision whether to buy now or wait. 
 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...