Sethos

Looks like the PMDG NG3 won't be coming to P3D

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

Why not 300%?

Hey now, he's not that sure

• Upvote 1

8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

What is interesting is what if MS2020 folds up after a short time like Flight and FSW, then what is PMDG going to do, and if MS doesn't see the money quickly rolling in they will drop the new sim like a lead balloon.

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

PF3 Beta Tester

Bob Cardone        P3D 3,4       FlyVirtual.net   Aivlasoft EFB2  /pf3-supporter.gif

1 minute ago, Avidean said:

I have been very tight with buying addons for about 4 years now. Prior to that I used to spend about $500 to $600 a year on them. Now I'd say its more like $200. A this point its not a penny until MSFS is released

4 years?? You have missed out.

It is a big shame really, MSFS isn't out for at least another year so they could have easily released for P3Dv4 and had time to convert it for MSFS. They are losing out on a big market share over the next year, surprising, unless they are being paid to do this as suggested above.

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

Maybe they'll price their products for "entertainment" again....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

I hope PMDG is comfortable with not making any money for the rest of the year. Unless they are paid by MS.

6 minutes ago, DellyPilot said:

Predictable. Let's see now who follows, Orbx? 

MSFS 2020 default scenery makes ORBX look like FSX default scenery.

I don't know what ORBX are going to do with themselves

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DellyPilot said:

Let's see now who follows, Orbx? 

I would find it more likely that ORBX will stay where they are. Because ORBX's regional packages are not needed in MSFS. The POI's are but not the underlying photoreal terrain.

So their MSFS offerings will probably concentrate on airports only.

1 minute ago, Evros said:

Unless they are paid by MS.

Exactly my point. Happy for PMDG (no sarcasm), sad for the simmers. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Evros said:

I hope PMDG is comfortable with not making any money for the next year and some. Unless they are paid by MS.

Dealing with Microsoft is going to be a real experience for the folks at PMDG. My way or the highway won't work for MS. 

• Upvote 2

PF3 Beta Tester

Bob Cardone        P3D 3,4       FlyVirtual.net   Aivlasoft EFB2  /pf3-supporter.gif

Moreover,

Assuming a huge number of M&A in the software industry, I'm not ruling out a scenario when PMDG becomes...Microsoft, pretty much in the same manner as Skype did. Why to bother with all these small guys when we can buy them out? Perhaps Mr. Randazzo is thinking about comfortable retirement already? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Dealing with Microsoft is going to be a real experience for the folks at PMDG. My way or the highway won't work for MS. 

Bob, you are a voice of reason today. My hat if off.

Edited by G-YMML1

They are just planning ahead because their airplanes take long time to develop.. we still need to see when they will finish it and also when MS will be able to release (still waiting for Alpha) lots of variables in play at the moment.

In the meantime I just bought a wonderful add-on (Self Loading Cargo):

PqBPIH9.jpg

It made my flight experience very nice! I missed something like this since FSpassenger stopped development for P3D. I highly recommend it.

All the best,

Simbol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I still remember when FSX first came out in 2006 and everyone was excited until we figured out you needed a PC from 2014 to actually use it, LOL

With PMDG dropping out of the P3D game, we can kiss P3D goodbye along with any other add-on purchases for now. 

Dan

dvazj5-2.png

I am very, veeeeeeeeeeeeery curios about the pricing they will keep. The whole price increase in P3D was justified by them about P3D being a professional simulator for professional use.

Now they are going back to an entertainment product. And the price?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

With PMDG dropping out of the P3D game, we can kiss P3D goodbye

Did you know that there are lots of P3D people who don't own PMDG products and couldn't care less about this company? PMDG is not be-all end-all.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6