Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Looks like the PMDG NG3 won't be coming to P3D

13 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm 299% positive that PMDG got a sweet offer from MS they couldn't resist. Only a couple of days ago we all saw NGX3 at P3D newly issued KIAD. Obviously MS has money to influence the developers and PDMG fell as a first victim of that strategy

Did PMDG confirm that it was NG3? If not, then it was probably NGXu.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 hours ago, simbol said:

I am fedup of explaining this over and over again. NOBODY has a SDK and NOBODY can do anything for the new simulator yet. It is not even on Alpha..

I have not seen a single developer out there who would come out and say "We're under NDA's, can't talk much about it, but we are already developing for a new platform, sleep well... see you next year..." 
Raul, I think you're the most vocal about this so far, everyone else seems to be not saying anything, but then again I possibly missed statements from others. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

5 hours ago, france89 said:

Developers claimed they already had some third party devs visiting them at Asobo, so i assume that they might have something already or anyway received more information than others minor third parties might have not received yet.

If any developers managed to qualify for the alpha, they can figure out the inner workings of MSFS even without having access to a formal SDK.  

7 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Raul, I think you're the most vocal about this so far, everyone else seems to be not saying anything, but then again I possibly missed statements from others. 

You know me.. I can't stand miss information.

I am vocal without breaking my own NDA with MS of course. It is very difficult I must admit.. because you read things people say.. and assume and you got wait a minute it is not.. and then you have to just shut up! it is even harder when they tell you words like: You are lying, you know nothing, you are too small they left you behind, you are just spreading miss information, the list goes on.

I would like to finish now by saying: Nobody is small in this world.. if that was true, Gandy would have never achieve what it did. So everyone should stop measuring humans or companies by their economical size.. it is a company vision, heart and passion what define its size!.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, simbol said:

I do not want to enter into the shouting match :wink:. A naive remark though. A SDK, as we see it for FSX or P3D, is an organized set of documentation and small programs. When ASobo says that it does not exist yet as a whole,  they do not say that pieces and bits are not already available.  Actually a lot of components should be, seeing the alpha pics and vids. We can suppose that Asobo could share some infos. It may not be a binary situation, SDK or not.  Infos about formats, parameter tables etc can be stable enough to be shared on an ad hoc basis.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, domkle said:

Why is it so hard to understand? Why?.

SDK = Software Development Kit available for 3rd parties so they can integrate customs solutions to another platform.

Such SDK it is not ready for the new simulator yet. ASOBO said, so does the roadmap and many videos with interviews.

It means we have no means to create content for it. The only tools available are from internal developers of course which are still writing new code for the simulator as we speak.

5th time today I explain this. Even if MS was keen, having an SDK at this stage is not viable either, they are still developing the simulator. It would be like trying to create a bridge to integrate two islands in constant motion.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, simbol said:

All that means is people are having discussions with MS to discuss plans, etc... which is fine.. WE all are.

MS devs also said it clearly many times.. there is no SDK yet.. they are working on it.. that is the piece of information everyone keeps either "ignoring" or missing.. even their development road states this..

However I have to keep repeating it all the time.. people want to believe things that are not there all the time I guess..

S.

Did you go to Asobo studio? Because unless you did, you have no proof.

What i am talking about is the avsim interview with Microsoft Developers, THEY said they already received some third parties who wanted to know more about their simulators. And since i do not think you went, and neither did i, what is left is the assumption that surely they didn't take a trip to get there just to receive some random generic statements and informations. I also believe some third party devs can pull their weight a bit more than say, a solo third party developer. And receive additional information because of it.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

If you read something else than what another poster writes, it is going to be difficult to have a conversation. Did I say that a SDK was ready and available ?  I said and assumed the contrary. I spoke about preliminary infos, early components.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, france89 said:

Did you go to Asobo studio? Because unless you did, you have no proof.

What i am talking about is the avsim interview with Microsoft Developers, THEY said they already received some third parties who wanted to know more about their simulators. And since i do not think you went, and neither did i, what is left is the assumption that surely they didn't take a trip to get there just to receive some random generic statements and informations. I also believe some third party devs can pull their weight a bit more than say, a solo third party developer. And receive additional information because of it.

6th time.. read my previous post before yours..

So in your view, people should be treated different from others by Microsoft? do you think this is how a big  reputable company like MS is being run? It doesn't matter if you are a solo developer or a company with 1,000 developers. MS treats all 3rd parties equally. It is called "work ethics" were nobody has a preference not matter who you are. We are all under the same NDA and same treatment rights.

Just imagine the scandal if 1 single company would have access to developer tools in preference to the rest. That would give to company A a big financial advantage towards company B, C and D. Lawyers dream for a lawsuit.. 

And how do you know I was not there? because you think I am too small? so you believe I am not as capable as other developers? and that I cannot achieve what others have done just because I am solo? every single 3rd party developer out there started solo.

S.

• Like 1

OK guys, we're WAY off the reservation here...again.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

So in your view, people should be treated different from others by Microsoft? do you think this is how a big  reputable company like MS is being run? It doesn't matter if you are a solo developer or a company with 1,000 developers. MS treats all 3rd parties equally. It is called "work ethics" were nobody has a preference not matter who you are. We are all under the same NDA and same treatment rights.

Just imagine the scandal if 1 single company would have access to developer tools in preference to the rest. That would give to company A a big financial advantage towards company B, C and D. Lawyers dream for a lawsuit.. 

And how do you know I was not there? because you think I am too small? so you believe I am not as capable as other developers? and that I cannot achieve what others have done just because I am solo? every single 3rd party developer out there started solo.

S.

Yes, i believe that for Microsoft it is important to firstly facilitate the most visible and famous third party developers so they can more easily enter their new platform and actively contribute to their success. Crazy, right?

It has nothing to do with what you as an individual can achieve and all to do with what a successful and famous bigger third party can achieve in terms of addon offering. I wish you good luck with it, but until you can offer what PMDG can offer, in the way PMDG offers it and move the same crowd that PMDG moves, i think there are differences which Microsoft might consider too.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

Simbol.  I think you do great work.  Please don't see this as an attack against you.  However you are saying that companies do not discriminate by the size of their customers or vendors.  They absolutely do.  This is just basic economics.  Delta has a much different relationship with Coca Cola than Coca Cola has with a mom and pop single supermarket for example.  

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I would like to finish now by saying: Nobody is small in this world.. if that was true, Gandy would have never achieve what it did. So everyone should stop measuring humans or companies by their economical size.. it is a company vision, heart and passion what define its size!.

This is the best thing I read. Thank you Simbol.

• Upvote 1

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg