Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 7th - Development/Insider Update

“Hey, still workin on stuff, gonna be a bit, just sit tight.”

We have a number of exciting deliverables planned for November so let’s get right to the updates!

TECH ALPHA 1
For those of you that were selected to participate in testing Tech Alpha 1, a quick reminder that you should expect all updates related to Tech Alpha will be sent via email. Expect the next email update on 11.10.

BUILD PROGRAM
TECH ALPHA 2 RECRUITMENT IS NOW OPEN!

• If you’re interested in registering for a chance to participate, please go here
  • If you registered for Tech Alpha 1, we’ve automatically registered you for Tech Alpha 2.
  • We expect to provide an update on the timeline for Tech Alpha 2 in the next few weeks.

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES
We are excited to announce the official release dates for Episodes 3 and 4!

• 11.21 – Episode 3 (Aerodynamics) release
  • 11.28 – Episode 4 (Cockpits) release

SOMETHING EXCITING IS COMING…
The team is excited to announce we will be attending the upcoming XO19 in London November 14th – 16th. For more information regarding the event – https://www.xbox.com/en-US/x019

MEDIA UPDATE
We’ve posted some new screenshots, head into the Insider Area to check them out!

Lots of exciting things ahead, some much closer than you think.

Next update – 11.14!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Source: https://www.flightsimulator.com/november-7th-2019-development-update/

We’ve got some very exciting deliverables coming over the next few weeks! Here’s a sneak-peak at some of the exciting things we have planned for Insiders coming in the near future:

• Updated DR with locked deliverables for December. Preview of January deliverables.
  • SDK Update! Status update on all things related to our SDK work and progress on deliverables.
  • Feedback Snapshot V1 – Preview of V1 of the FS meant to provide transparency into the feedback we are tracking/working on.
  • Partnership Announcement Series kickoff – Official kickoff of the series is coming soon!
  • Feature Discovery Series – Episode 3 and 4 are coming November 21st and November 28th!

These are just a few of the things we’ve got planned for November and December. Stay tuned for more updates next week!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Source: https://www.flightsimulator.com/november-7th-2019-insider-update/

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 1

Seems like some thumbnails are not loading correctly. Check out the third page of my original post for all the new Insider screenshots.

Stunning!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There are two more screenshots not loading correctly in the Insider Home. I have posted them in the third page of my original post.

By the way, I think it might be possible to update your DxDiag now as the page has been updated, so anyone who wants to do so should try again.

It seems some of the iconic aiports will receive special treatment out of the box. Courchevel is looking stunning.

• Like 2

Still just crazy to me how they are able to procedurally place buildings on top of orthos that way without having to rely on incomplete data sets like OSM.

Just now, bonchie said:

Still just crazy to me how they are able to procedurally place buildings on top of orthos that way without having to rely on incomplete data sets like OSM.

What about the roof and vegetation colors matching... It's crazy.

Hey! A lighthouse! 😄

Looks like Courchevel could be hand made... pretty nice.

I suspect this was taken from offline mode, notice the absence of textures in some areas on the ground

IconA5.jpg

4 minutes ago, cepact said:

I suspect this was taken from offline mode, notice the absence of textures in some areas on the ground

IconA5.jpg

The bridge is missing and a couple of small buildings are in the river.

Did someone say that other airport pic is a screenshot of Courchevel? If it is then is it just a coincidence this small airport was also just released by OrbX?

Edited by Mucker

2 minutes ago, Mucker said:

Did someone say that other airport pic is a screenshot of Courchevel? If it is then is it just a coincidence this small airport was also just released by OrbX?

Thanks for the info. Doing a quick comparison, I think the buildings between the two renditions look very similar but not identical. If someone has the airport, could they try and take a similar screenshot to the one above?

I wonder if those waves are just the Ortho or if we will have waves breaking on the shorelines, can't tell with a still unfortunately Looks stunning though.

DA62.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mucker said:

I wonder if those waves are just the Ortho or if we will have waves breaking on the shorelines, can't tell with a still unfortunately Looks stunning though.

DA62.jpg

I was thinking the same. Please MS, let those be procedurally generated waves that are dependent on weather and please give them sound.

If that can happen, I can see myself parking on a beach somewhere and listening to the waves.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Just now, MikeT707 said:

I was thinking the same. Please MS, let those be procedurally generated waves that are dependent on weather and please give them sound.

If that can happen, I can see myself parking on a beach somewhere and listening to the waves.

LOL yeah me too, it will become beach and sunbathe simulator. 🙂

• Like 1