Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 7th - Development/Insider Update

Yeah, I've signed NDA's before, do not take them lightly.  If you agree to it and sign it then stick to it and honor the agreement.

2 hours ago, aleex said:

Look at that cockpit! Awesome! 

What I find gratifying for immersion is these new colors for ground and sky.  Way better than the old sim which has clearly no future. You feel like you are above the earth and below the sky. 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, domkle said:

What I find gratifying for immersion is these new colors for ground and sky.  Way better than the old sim which has clearly no future. You feel like you are above the earth and below the sky. 

Absolutely. That immersion... I’ve been dreaming with this for a long time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aleex said:

Absolutely. That immersion... I’ve been dreaming with this for a long time. 

You wonder how flightsim will be like 40 years from now ! 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

30 minutes ago, domkle said:

You wonder how flightsim will be like 40 years from now ! 

20 years ago I was literally blown away by FS98 and what was possible on a computer back then.  I asked myself that very same question looking 20 years ahead.  Well, here we are.  Pretty amazing.

To be perfectly honest, I have never been "blown away" by Microsoft Flight Simulator. That accolade would go to the Flight Unlimited series (High resolution photoscenery/floatplane physics/AI traffic/rain effects/Beechjet thrust reversers etc).

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I can’t remember where it was discussed, but rather than start a new thread just for this, I’ll drop this link here. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-crytek-neon-noir-software-ray-tracing-tested

its about software powered ray tracing - it’s a different engine but I wonder how similar this is to the way Asobo have implemented it (also on dx11). 

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

To be perfectly honest, I have never been "blown away" by Microsoft Flight Simulator. That accolade would go to the Flight Unlimited series (High resolution photoscenery/floatplane physics/AI traffic/rain effects/Beechjet thrust reversers etc).

I find you a little harsh, Christopher.

I was also blown away long ago by FU and my first post on this forum on June 19th was to address the MS team (we didn't know Asobo yet) to tell them " Please get yourself a copy of 20 year-old Flight Unlimited 3, play with it for twenty hours and get us everything it brought to our hobby into the new sim (weather, ATC, water physics etc.) " and this is what they are apparently doing. Not listen to me of course :wink: but design something in the FU spirit.

All what we have seen so far looks like a FU redux. You will tell me of the ATC and AI and floatplanes, or rather the lack thereof I know, but give them a break. It looks good at that early stage, it looks FU-like ! Will they deliver, is another issue, of course.

Dominique

I was referring to all released versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator, Dominique.

However, I do not apologise for being critical of MFS over the years. It singularly failed to impress me with the introduction of textured graphics in FS5 (which were rubbish), and the default simulator remained a very sterile and bland experience right through to FS2000. I gave up at that point, and concentrated on Flight Unlimited 3 (plus the FU2 San Francisco scenery) exclusively for eight years between 2000 and 2008. I never regretted that, as the FU world was far more atmospheric and enjoyable, despite the limited amount of airspace available.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

OK, I thought you were speaking of the last WIP, FS20.

Dominique