Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

$140 buys me an extra year of warranty for my $2700 Alienware computer. I’ll pass on PMDG and go with IFly. Some people have purchased the same PMDG plane 2-3 times, across the different flight simulation platforms. They’re ready to drop another $140 to have it in MSFS. PMDG is not an honest or fair business. They’ll never get a dime from me. 

• Upvote 1

Lots of complaints about this, do you get a free car when you go to upgrade to the next model,pmdg is a business if it doesn't make a profit it's gone and we end up with carenado type quality which is fine if that's what your after, don't want it don't buy it

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Xplane should migrate its 737 to MSFS. By the way, PMDG has some sort of sale going on - 25% off. I guess their sales ain’t going as planned and the invisible force of the free market economy is finally having an effect. They can only get away with price gauging for so long. The underlying fact is the PMDG is overrated and it has failed to innovate. I plan to purchase a 737 but it won’t be PMDG. They lost me years ago. 

16 minutes ago, Huascar said:

Xplane should migrate its 737 to MSFS. By the way, PMDG has some sort of sale going on - 25% off. I guess their sales ain’t going as planned and the invisible force of the free market economy is finally having an effect. They can only get away with price gauging for so long. The underlying fact is the PMDG is overrated and it has failed to innovate. I plan to purchase a 737 but it won’t be PMDG. They lost me years ago. 

Good for you

• Like 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

44 minutes ago, Huascar said:

They ran a  sale the same time last year.. its PMDG's 23rd 'birthday' sale... but feel free to say they have found the error of their ways august 2021 for their 24th birthday when they run the sale again. 

• Like 2

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

23 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

If they don’t do a massive sale within the first few weeks I think they will have missed a huge trick imho. Just based on how much this game is being discussed, there will likely be a very large player base for this early on. A very small amount of those people would look at a $140 add on and not think it’s a joke. 

Randazzo has built one of the top companies of the addon sector with a recognized brandname. I’d say he knows what he is doing more than us ? 

Any mass market has an upper segment where the price is both reflecting quality and workmanship but also is a discriminating factor. That a Xbox gamer might laugh at a 140 usd price is no real problem in this perpective. It is even a good thing. Let them laugh then drool. The really motivated will  come to you at the end and the other, well ... 

The worst that could happen to this hobby is a relentless push to make it a FS Wallmart. Everything is cheap ... and worth the price. Next thing, you will ask Porsche to make sales to access the Chevy crowd 😉 ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have the NGXU bought it on realease day , the price is ok for me 

For you that not now PROSIM  they shall make their software compatible with MSFS.

Prosim 737  price 1250€ + 99€ yearly for uppdates

Prosim A320 price 1500€ + 99€     

here we talk , PMDG is " cheap "

• Like 1

Cheap or not, they already sold their 737 three times (including MSFS) for the full price already. Don't tell me they wrote everything from scratch or made completely new models all the time, that's not true. Also, it's still a 737 ever since the first release.

Bought it once, enough for me, there's more fish in the sea.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

On 8/11/2020 at 8:17 AM, OzWhitey said:

However, he did mention that Level-D simulations are making strong progress on their MSFS 757, watch this space for updates!

I'll believe that when I see it. I'm not conviced LDS is competely dead and burried, but their developmentspeed is at a near to zero. Communication is non-existing. And it would surprise me big time if LDS has been given access to the MSFS SDK, since they haven't had anything to show for in the past many many years.

That being said; I would love to be wrong. I have great memories from the LDS 767 in FSX and would love to see something equal and up to MSFS standards in the new sim.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

It is not as if PMDG makes major updates to its products when it transfers them over to the various platforms.  My understanding is that they simply change the codes and sale you the exact same planes with little or  no refinement. They have not even bothered to make the wings look more realistic. The wings look so cartoonish that it’s almost  comical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fwerff said:

I'll believe that when I see it. I'm not conviced LDS is competely dead and burried, but their developmentspeed is at a near to zero. Communication is non-existing. And it would surprise me big time if LDS has been given access to the MSFS SDK, since they haven't had anything to show for in the past many many years.

That being said; I would love to be wrong. I have great memories from the LDS 767 in FSX and would love to see something equal and up to MSFS standards in the new sim.

Keep wishing but Level-D stopped existing when the lead developer and founder Eric pass away several years ago. The guy who runs the forums, well that’s another story. There is a reason they haven’t moved forward with the 80% complete 757 that was previewed several years ago and no further progress was made on the 767. Eric was Level-D. 

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

27 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Keep wishing but Level-D stopped existing when the lead developer and founder Eric pass away several years ago.

It's a pity. IMO Level-D B767 was a better product than PMDG offerings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

The worst that could happen to this hobby is a relentless push to make it a FS Wallmart. Everything is cheap ... and worth the price. Next thing, you will ask Porsche to make sales to access the Chevy crowd 😉 ?

Well, Porsche make the boxter and Cayman which compete in the same market segment as the Corvette...  it’s not 911 or nothing coming out of Stuttgart.  But I digress.

but even going with the analogy as written, I don’t want Porsche to price like Chevy, I just want there to be a Chevy to buy.

19 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Next thing, you will ask Porsche to make sales to access the Chevy crowd 😉 ?

Dom, which is the better car; Yugo or Trabant? 😵

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 8/12/2020 at 10:52 AM, Huascar said:

- How would you know if they're overrated? You seem to own iFly, not PMDG.

- It's a 23% off sale because it's their 23rd birthday. They did this last year as well at the same time. A modest discount for a short period once per year is hardly evidence that "their sales aren't going as planned". Anyway, you mainly seem angry that the products are expensive, so isn't a sale a good thing?

You obviously hate PMDG. OK, they're expensive addons, but they're some of the best around (only FSl, Majestic and Leonardo are in the same class for airliners) and nobody is forced to buy them.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."