Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

To be fair, I have just seen in the bargains forum, that PMDG has a dicount of 23% (happy birthday 😉 ) until 14th of August. However you have to be willing to invest in P3D products, which is quite ridiciclous 11 days before release of msfs. Still, if they could offer more of these discounts as other developers i.e on black friday etc. They could reach more people... And yes, this thread is being used to get rid of the boredom until msfs is released 😄

...and with the $80 pricing, you was also given vast Boeing manuals. Then PMDG had the great idea of withdrawing those manuals, giving the same lame excuse along the lines of the licencing lameness, but increasing the price...for LESS of a product!

Unbelievable!

Whats more unbelievable is the 'special' people that buy it, and continue to defend an action that only hurts the user's . Its just brain dead.

and don't forget, RSR is flying around in a REAL DC-3! (that cant be cheap!)

• Upvote 1

Luke Pype

1 minute ago, MaDDogz said:

...and with the $80 pricing, you was also given vast Boeing manuals. Then PMDG had the great idea of withdrawing those manuals, giving the same lame excuse along the lines of the licencing lameness, but increasing the price...for LESS of a product!

Unbelievable!

Whats more unbelievable is the 'special' people that buy it, and continue to defend an action that only hurts the user's . Its just brain dead.

and don't forget, RSR is flying around in a REAL DC-3! (that cant be cheap!)

You don't get the manuals anymore? No, FCOM for the B747 and NGXu?

• Like 1

PMDG is free to price how they want.  Tis the free market.

However, they ought to stop insulting our intelligence when they offer obviously bogus rationales behind the pricing.

And what is this about no manuals any longer?

Edited by Boomer
  • Like 4

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Boomer said:

PMDG is free to price how they want.  Tis the free market.

However, they ought to stop insulting our intelligence when they offer obviously bogus rationales behind the pricing.

And what is this about no manuals any longer?

It's some licensing issue with Boeing. One of the nice little changes they don't advertise to their (prospective) customers.

It is indeed a ridiculous pricing. When MSFS releases, there will be a lot of competition and we will surely have new developers among the newcomers to the flight simulation. Not only in payware but I'm also hoping that we will have lots of freeware like the Zibo mod for X Plane. If PMDG keeps this pricing they will lose a LOT of potential customers, and I'm betting they will ultimately end up reducing the price

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, cepact said:

If PMDG keeps this pricing they will lose a LOT of potential customers, and I'm betting they will ultimately end up reducing the price

Agreed, just because I am a "PMDG Cultist", does not mean I am a sucker.  Even if I had the money, which I dont (monitor broken see below), I would not give anymore PMDG products for now under their pricing as a hard pass.

spacer.png

The nice thing about any such decision is that it is personal, and one can have their final say in the way they choose to spend their money.

I would not ever presume to comment about the way someone else decided to spend their cash, and only comment about the way I spend mine, by my purchase decisions.  That is the loudest voice I have.

I could never imagine myself commenting about the unrealistic pricing of the latest Ferrari 812... after all it gets to the grocery store just like a Kia.  The experience however, may be different...

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Ridiculous pricing. Not only that, only now they come up with charging the price tag difference when you switch platforms. Why wasn't that already the case with FSX/P3D? A lot of people moved from one sim to the other. Already paid twice for the NGX, third time is not gonna happen..

• Like 2

How is this pricing scheme news or even constitute 24 pages of replies. When they released the NGXu and said the price would credit toward the NG3 they clearly announced the NG3 would be well north of $100. 

On 11/9/2019 at 7:45 AM, cepact said:

Sure if we follow Ralf's "common sense" I should pay thousands of euros for my chair

And? Some chairs do cost thousands of Euros/dollars. They tend toward the exceedingly comfortable, durable, well-designed, etc. 

You can buy a cheaper chair, but it probably won't be as nice. You aren't required to buy the expensive chair. Sound familiar?

Funny how I never hear people complaining that Lexus is overpriced because there's a perfectly good Yugo over there for $50.

• Like 1

I know this isn’t a very nuanced view of a free market system, but the simple principle still applies. If you think the product fails to justify the asking price, you are free to not buy it. Maybe enough people will share your opinion and also exercise the freedom to not buy it. Maybe not, and in that case “ridiculous” price may not be so ridiculous after all.

24 pages to grasp this concept? Airing grievances is your prerogative but please understand that it looks a lot like entitlement.

• Like 1

Chris

4 minutes ago, eslader said:

Funny how I never hear people complaining that Lexus is overpriced because there's a perfectly good Yugo over there for $50.

They ARE over-priced.  And Porches are junk.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

And Porches are junk.

Overpriced Volkswagens. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm free to not buy it and I'm also free to express my opinion, that doesn't make me "entitled".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1