Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

In my opinion it is easy to solve this problem and please everyone.

Launch the NG3 for 99 dollars for the MFS (which is fairer), and those who bought the NGu pay for the upgrade 39 dollars, as promised. It will be the same as saying that you will have 99 dollars of credit when buying on MFS.

And it's kind of absurd that people will be upset because they will charge less, but they will have to pay for the upgrade as always said.

Keep in mind that PMDG will sell much more than it sold on P3D, thus being able to charge less for the 737. And possibly they will charge 39 dollars for an upgrade to MAX and, in the end, we will have 139 dollars.

16 minutes ago, Emerson67 said:

This came up in another thread, but the thing about ZIbo is , its a mod, like a REP pack.. Laminar put a ton of time into the plane even just to make it 'default' level.  There is a BIG benefit of having a starting point.. Zibo probably has put in the about of effort that making a whole plane required at this point, but being able to work on it slowly and have something flyable in the meanwhile is a great motivation someone starting from scratch wouldnt have. Laminar owns the zibo mod since it is not released as a patch, its released with the laminar bits too. 

Since there is no 'default' 737, the best chance of this is the tubes that do come with the sim (a320 747) being 'moded' or the 787 but that already requires an upgrade of sorts (it comes with the prem. deluxe package).. plus you need someone extremely kind enough to put their heart into the project for free.

I think the best bet if you want a 737 is to 

1) hope for a cheaper alternative addon 

2) Fly xplane/zibo - although then your NOT flying MFS and thats supposed to be the point.. (just like laminar chose boeing over airbus, MFS satisfies the single aisle tube audience with the a320. )

I really want a PMDG plane so im going to save up for it, but i dont blame anyone for picking 1 or even 2.  I will be doing 2 for now because its not january yet. I'll do some flights in the a320 also.

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

Nyxx, I didn't want to quote due to the length of your post, but I just wanted to say that yes, PMDG does most of that. The lead developer of FSLabs was a PMDG developer once upon a time.

He certainly carried over the PMDG philosophy with him, and it's why I believe the pricetag of the FSLabs and PMDG stock are worth it.

Cheers.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

The people it is made for will gladly pay those prices.

Most definately not. These planes are made for me and I desperately wish PMDG would go back to the $80 mark where they used to be before they claimed they had to increase the price for P3D because it is not an entertainment product.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, leonbr said:

Launch the NG3 for 99 dollars for the MFS (which is fairer), and those who bought the NGu pay for the upgrade 39 dollars, as promised.

But that was not what was promised. The promise was that if you bought the NGXu before a certain date, you would get a $100 discount on the NG3. So in your propositioned example PMDG would have to pay everyone that did that a dollar. 😉

2 hours ago, AllRed said:

Paying more for 1 custom aircraft than the actual sim.. yeah think I'll pass. Was interested in maybe trying one of PMDG's products but wont be going anywhere near it at that price, absolute ripoff in my eyes. Few extra cosmetic details and some more functional buttons in the cockpit. I'll stick to the default aircraft, they look really good and have more than enough detail as it is.

The fact that you don't have experience with a PMDG product and then write something as word not allowed as this post is mind boggling.

There aren't just a few extra cosmetic details and functional buttons in the cockpit compared to a default airplane. 

It's completely ok to not see the value in something and prefer not to hand over your hard earned money. However, showing ignorance in the process.....well...it's better if you don't.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Paying $139 for a plane in a $60 sim is like paying $75 for ink cartridges in a $60 printer.

• Like 3

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

18 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Paying $139 for a plane in a $60 sim is like paying $75 for ink cartridges in a $60 printer.

How long does it take to go through $75 worth of ink cartridges? 😄 

Remember the old Gillette marketing strategy, where they gave away the safety razors for free because they'd make it up selling the blades?

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

44 minutes ago, Farlis said:

These planes are made for me and I desperately wish PMDG would go back to the $80 mark where they used to be

But you bought the planes anyway, right? 😄   I desperately wish gasoline prices were the same as they were in the late 60's (33 cents a gallon) but I wouldn't want to go back to late 60's wages ($3.25 an hour).  We didn't have the Internet then... or flight sims.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 hours ago, AllRed said:

I'll stick to the default aircraft, they look really good and have more than enough detail as it is.

"I'll stick to GTA 5. It looks really good and has more than enough detail as it is."

Sorry brother, you left that one open and I couldn't resist. 🤣 You have every right to hit me back.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Apple products are expensive because we keep talking smack about it and then we go and order it later . I had spent quite a bit on PMDG products. Ask my credit cards 💳 they know better , In my humble opinion at this point PMDG should look at all the money certain customers had spent and offer a really good discount.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

57 minutes ago, Farlis said:

But that was not what was promised. The promise was that if you bought the NGXu before a certain date, you would get a $100 discount on the NG3. So in your propositioned example PMDG would have to pay everyone that did that a dollar. 😉

This is what they said (https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/25766-08nov19-announcing-pmdg-737ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4):

"Upon release of the PMDG 737NGXu Base Package, we will offer, for a limited time, that purchasers of the new PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D will receive 100% credit on their purchase toward the purchase of PMDG 737NG3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator when that product releases sometime next year. *

* Discount will be awarded automatically to NGXu purchases made and redeemed only at www.pmdg.com only, at time of checkout during purchase of NG3 for MSFS. "

So, on second thought, I find it really difficult to be a lower price. Unless they decide to split... $ 139 for NG3 + MAX; and only the NG3 for 99 dollars, or less.

Remembering that the credit is only valid to buy on their website (pmdg.com), and not on the MFS marketplace, which can have a different value, if they want.

Edited by leonbr

Call me cheap but Ill just stick with the default aircraft. They look so much better than stock aircraft in any other sim Ive played.

The allure of this sim to me has been the price point for what you get and I just can't see spending more than what I paid for the simulator on 1 plane.

But that's me. I imagine if that's all you enjoy then its your only option. 

One day my mind may change but right now I've already dropped roughly 300 on this sim and its not even out yet lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave2013 said:

We desperately need a lower cost alternative to the PMDG 737 and 777 series aircraft.

Hopefully Ifly will come to the rescue soon.

Dave

Over the years of PMDG 737-NGx ownership - now, in the gathering twilight of my old sims - as they prepare to bring me in to land in my favourite aircraft for the last time, before a new SSD and a new OS (still on Win 7 x64 Pro) brings a new version of MFS -  I find myself flying the Captain Sim 737-200C/F more than the NGx.

It's just more visceral, you're just more there in the cockpit twiddling Nav Radios - waiting to get in range of VORs/ ADFs, etc feeling afraid you'll lose your way - no magenta line to see your way through.

Getting lost in a synthetic environment is almost worse than getting lost in London. At least in London you're never more than 100 yards from somewhere doing really great falafel.

• Like 1