Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

I'm going to go ahead and say it as I've been doing so for a while. I think NGXu is overpriced, I think PMDG is a company that provides shady pricing, no return policy for a very high quality product that I don't want to not have in my fleet. I think the announcement of MSFS took them by surprise so they had to do some "magic" to keep selling the well under development product and assure people they'd have it working in the MSFS. Let me tell you this, they better have it ready for roll out shortly after the release of MSFS or they'll get an ear full from the community.   

• Upvote 5

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

19 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Excellent!  Already 1000 PMDG 737 doing donuts on the runway videos out 🙂

I'm one of the user with the problem, have a ticket open and asked for the legacy physics to be brought back as an option to the new physics. Where do I find the gifs/videos of the donuts?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Where do I find the gifs/videos of the donuts?

Try this post on the PMDG forums. They're in the links.

But note also that as of today they've announced updates to address the steering issues.  So help may be on the way.

9 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I'm going to go ahead and say it as I've been doing so for a while. I think NGXu is overpriced, I think PMDG is a company that provides shady pricing, no return policy for a very high quality product that I don't want to not have in my fleet. I think the announcement of MSFS took them by surprise so they had to do some "magic" to keep selling the well under development product and assure people they'd have it working in the MSFS. Let me tell you this, they better have it ready for roll out shortly after the release of MSFS or they'll get an ear full from the community.   

Yeah, form the community that isn't going to buy their product.  Big deal...

18 hours ago, F737NG said:

And yet they may sell far greater than 3x the volume if they reduce the price to that level. A sim add-on is highly price elastic.

That creates the need for more support staff and hiring a bigger team. Why bother when they can cruze with low overheads at a much higher price. 

ZORAN

It is all good and well to know the price of the PMDG 737 and and to pay $99 up front to be able to fly it once it is released for MSFS2020 but at this stage I have no clue what MSFS2020 will cost and what other hidden expenses (Subscription, network, data usage etc) are waiting. So at this stage I am keeping my money in my pocket and playing the waiting game.

When PMDG first started out I purchased the JS4100 and the 737. I loved to 4100 but my system always struggled with the 737 and I was very disappointed the the 4100 was left behind. Never upgraded or replaced the 737.

Edited by pinepix62
  • Like 1

Johan Pienaar

2 hours ago, zmak said:

That creates the need for more support staff and hiring a bigger team. Why bother when they can cruze with low overheads at a much higher price. 

Hiring more staff isn't a certainty, it's a choice. They don't have to hire if they don't want to.

A much higher price does not equal much higher profits.

Sales+Revenue+Maximisation.jpg

It's PMDG's choice to charge $140 for the NG3. Obviously they think that's the right course of action for them.

I just don't see the same number of flight simmers buying the NG3 as the lower-priced original NGX. I definitely don't see potentially a million or so gamers new to flight simming paying that.

Hopefully, another developer comes along who is willing to price significantly lower and take on the sales volume in exchange for higher profits.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

23 hours ago, Farlis said:

You mean that's the foundation of the unequal distribution of wealth we see in the world today. 😉

Not to go too much off-topic here, but let me go completely off-topic here.

In the 50's and 60's, the USA had a top tax rate of 80% on inheritance, some of the lowest inequality in the world, and STILL under capitalism. So, capitalism is fine... you just have to "regulate" it properly.

Edited by bashope
  • Like 2

To my mind, the smart option is to price high on release effectively "skimming the cream from the top", drop the price significantly after 6-9 months, and then have further discounted sales for a couple of weeks/weekends a year (this is technically known as price skimming and is very common amongst entertainment software and consumer tech products). Whilst this can get people's backs up in theory you maximise revenue and reduce support requirements at time of release.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

If I were them, which of course I'm not, i would probably consider a "Lite" version at around the $60 or so mark. Might give them the best of both worlds.

I've yet to find all the bells and whistles in the new version (and I almost never read manuals), but I can already appreciate the amount of additional work that went into this latest version.

Even with the taxiing donuts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

$60 for the "kiddie" version with the existing NGX ground handling model? Yeah, that sounds good :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

19 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

$60 for the "kiddie" version with the existing NGX ground handling model? Yeah, that sounds good :wink:

The kiddie version will have wheels under each wing tip

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, domkle said:

The kiddie version will have wheels under each wing tip

LOL

Jacek G.

If it's that much they can eat my shorts. Oh I've never bought anything from them anyway lol 

On 11/12/2019 at 10:24 AM, Farlis said:

You mean that's the foundation of the unequal distribution of wealth we see in the world today. 😉

As with many things, you can blame the British empire for this.