Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Be careful what you wish for: a cautionary note

36 minutes ago, domkle said:

with two disgruntled developers fanning the fire. 

First nobody is disgruntled.. I would kindly to ask everyone to stop telling me I am disgruntled.. I several times expressed I have accepted what is going on.. and that I will wait until the storm pass.

What is getting me really UPSET is users comments regarding developers on this topic, I have been called:

• Greedy for no reason.. I release a freeware that over 50,000 users of P3D are using for free everyday... no to mention all the advise and help I give for FREE to anyone on these forums just because I do care about this hobby, probably more than anybody.. lately I am starting to question that perhaps I should stop.. as the overall view is making me think you all wants 3rd party developers to disappear. Well this is going to happen to freeware  developers too if the points raised here are not addressed.

• Negative person.. because I want to be involved in this new simulator and I am alerting about facts of what is going on.

• Small / insignificant 3rd party developer. This is not only a degrading comment towards me and others, but also so wrong..many people involved regarding how the simulation world works, is well aware how much influence Me and what you call small developers really have on a daily basis for your current simulation experience. For an instance, the alpha india group have given 1 million times more content and positive experiences to all of you that any other developer will ever do.. and lately it is just 2 amazing developers behind it all.. working for FREE every day.. the you have Arno from fsdeveloper.com. It is one of the most important persons behind this hobby.. just 1 guy that has done more than anybody else you can imagine for the last 10 years for your current simulation experience.

• And the top! I have now received hate comments now towards me and my family via email. I mean are you guys for real? is this what I deserve for doing add-on's that LOTS OF PEOPLE ASKED ME TO BUILD back in 2018? and for trying to make MS to turns their heads on time and improve the simulator more so you can enjoy it later? get a life.. nobody deserve such comments.

Lastly there are many developers concerned under the same circumstances, they have expressed their opinion here.. you guys are just not paying attention.. they are scared because of NDAs.. I am not..because I am not saying of breaking anything inside such contract.

So honestly.. I think this topic has reached the end.. all it is generating is HATE towards people that do not deserve it at all. This is not positive for ME or YOU. I would kindly ask moderators to CLOSE THIS DOWN or move it to the MS forums.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 6

thanks to this topic Avsim made the front page on reddit again, further degrading its reputation. I won't send a link because it's filled with nasty words 

10 minutes ago, cepact said:

thanks to this topic Avsim made the front page on reddit again, further degrading its reputation. I won't send a link because it's filled with nasty words 

Also being talked about in other communities on Discord and Facebook, with the same outcome. At this point, the general reputation and respect for Avsim probably can't sink any lower in the other communities.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

19 minutes ago, cepact said:

Just came from reddit. Avsim is a meme at this point. I truly hope MS starts their own forums soon.

Edited by Baber20
  • Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

49 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Just came from reddit. Avsim is a meme at this point

For what reason specifically?  All Avsim is, is a portal for different views on a particular topic - same as anywhere else.

Edited by ErichB

2 hours ago, simtom said:

Regarding Time Zone Fixer: not because we want more realism but because why want accurate time zones, not the bugged ones that come shipped with the program and that should've been fixed a long time ago.

Can you link me to the video/interview where MS states that it will revert back to lower resolutions?

So you're already complaining about performance without even having played it yourself? Can you guys please stop with this false bashing on MS? I invite you to do exactly the same in P3D, good luck with that!

And regarding the speed of your internet, why do you think they'll allow you to cache certain areas to fly offline?

Before accusing someone of spreading false information you better read the MSFS forum here at Avsim and other sites .
Your attitude is way off..

TileProxy also used caching scenery but the conversion back to bgl files cost a lot of performance.

There is no such thing as a free ride...

https://fselite.net/originals/an-overview-of-the-technical-details-for-the-new-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Online flying depends on your bandwidth and how fast your pc can handle everything.

Offline depends on how fast your pc is able to convert the DL tiles and can handle everything.

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

13 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

You will find a detailed answer at r/flightsim. I am not sure this is the right place to discuss it. 

Yup, some sure don't like Avsim. lol

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Yup, some sure don't like Avsim. lol

I try to find word which are allowed here for the tone on reddit ... but i'm afraid i will fail.

Sounds like a bunch of spoiled youngsters ... if AVSIM is a meme than this reddit channel is a meme of a meme of a meme. If you give a shitzu on good manners, feel free to hang out there.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Just now, JoeFackel said:

Sounds like a bunch of spoiled youngsters ...

Yeah, I think that is the exact mentality why most other communities hate Avsim.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

This is why we should not let develop the idea that the Avsim community as a whole is wailing at the idea of the new sim because a vocal minority does that. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

22 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Before accusing someone of spreading false information you better read the MSFS forum here at Avsim and other sites .
Your attitude is way off..

I have read almost every single bit of information about MSFS. Assuming you did the same we can both agree that it's too early to talk about performance, they are still optimizing. Not sure why my attitude is way off, I'm just trying to highlight the false claims that are being made in this thread.

22 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Online flying depends on your bandwidth and how fast your pc can handle everything.

Offline depends on how fast your pc is able to convert the DL tiles and can handle everything.

In a recent French interview they said they have 20 LOD's, so based on your system specs it will scale accordingly.

• Like 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

5 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Me too. All this blindfolded "P3D/XP is dead/in coma" etc. .... all this premature eja.....  uhm, sorry, praising MSFS2020 which is just based on some vids and interviews reminds me a bit on cults.

Its a bit like a friend knows a nice women and you are already making wedding plans before you've even met her once.
And in this story WE are the friends who say "Goddamnit, Steve, at least go out with her a few times before you even start thinking about that!"

Didn't I hear the same kind of comments about P3D/XP's demise many months ago when simmers  were waiting for the Sim that would change the world to be released, FSW? I thought I did??????

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Didn't I hear the same kind of comments about P3D/XP' demise many 🤨 months ago when people were waiting for the Sim that would change the world to be released, FSW? I thought I did??????

Feel free to provide some examples.