Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Has there been an ETA on release for MSFS2020 yet?

I know it will be out some time in 2020, but has anyone heard anything on when we can expect it to be out and price?

Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz / Windows 10 Professional 64 bit / 32GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 128MB SSD (OS Drive) / 2x2TB HDD / 750watt PSU

Nothing has been announced yet, no.

8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Well then I hope it will be out at least 1st half of 2020. 🙂

Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz / Windows 10 Professional 64 bit / 32GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 128MB SSD (OS Drive) / 2x2TB HDD / 750watt PSU

At XO19 the devs would not comment on a release date other than summer 2020 probable will depend on how well the pre-alpha goes, which at the moment has been delayed, and had not been released at the time of XO19 but were hopping to in the next week. 

i7 7700K 4.8 \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 960 EVO \ 1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 3000MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ P3Dv4.5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I know it's nowhere near the same game but I was part of the Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Technical Alpha and the first version was released in May. The game eventually was released on October 1st so a Summer release might be realistic but it might also be later than that (because the scope is so much bigger).

Robert Gerauld (MS) made a comment in this regard this video at 10:23min:

Siggy Schwarz

https://fselite.net/video/microsoft-flight-simulator-developer-interview/

Check out 12mins on about tech alpha and third party, 17mins release date.

i7 7700K 4.8 \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 960 EVO \ 1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 3000MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ P3Dv4.5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

When it's ready. We are barely in alpha now, the discovery series of videos isn't even finished yet it doesn't make much sense to ask or wonder about release date yet

12 hours ago, france89 said:

When it's ready. We are barely in alpha now, the discovery series of videos isn't even finished yet it doesn't make much sense to ask or wonder about release date yet

Tech Alpha has not even been released as of today.

We are very close...

I've been reading this for the past few weeks... How many different ways can they say "soon?" :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Many Thanks to All That Donated To Our Server Drive!

My gut (but that's all I've got to go on) tells me it'll be a late-year release - late third quarter or early fourth quarter, for the holiday season.

The only reason I can think of for releasing earlier is if seasons aren't fully baked.  A summer release would give them a couple of months of peace before the northern hemisphere starts complaining that fall and winter have gone missing...

It must be fun to be a developer...! 😎

Alan Ampolsk

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!"
-- Saint-Exupery

I have it on good authority that if the game comes out in 2020, you will most likely see it in the Jan-Dec timeframe. But don't quote me on that.

• Like 1