Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Tomatoshade reflection profiles for PMDG 737 NGXu

Hello all, 

I guess many of you already own the new PMDG 737 NGXu. I was trying to use Tomatoshade with the current PMDG 737 reflection profiles (there are plenty out there), however they seem not to work with the NGXu since I think the new one has some new models perhaps (for instant BW instead of WL). Does somebody created these profiles and willing to share? 

Thank you :)

Omar

• Like 1

Why reflection profiles when the NGXu has already PBR textures?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@5.1 - 16 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti 11GB

Sim/Addons: P3D v4.5HF @ 5760x1080 with ORBX Global, Vector, openLC EUR, EU Germany N&S/ENG/Wales/SCO/
IRE/NOR, Trees HD; AS4 + SF3D + EF, Envshade, FS Global Ultimate NG, EZDOK 2+TrackIR and PMDG 737NGX + Immersive Audio, PMDG 777-200, GSX2, UT Live + 3D Sounds, ProATC and many 3rd Party Airports

FSBetaTesters.png

You don't need reflection profiles for PBR aircraft like the NGXu.  That's what I always thought

• Like 1

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.  Win 10 Home. 

Well, the "standard" PBR for P3D at night will not reflex anything that don't actually emission light, like the night texture on terminal, standard taxi lights and poles\building's light in the city, that's what tomato could improve a lot.

1 hour ago, C2615 said:

Well, the "standard" PBR for P3D at night will not reflex anything that don't actually emission light, like the night texture on terminal, standard taxi lights and poles\building's light in the city, that's what tomato could improve a lot.

Yeah, but that's what tomato could also damage a lot...  Just look at the many post on different Addon Devs pages where the ground looks grainy, or it refelcts way too much and so on...

Devs tend to use different tehniques when creating sceneries and many times it somehow "collides" with tomato.

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 4790 / ASUS H87-PRO / MSI GTX 970 / 16 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 24" Full HD.

WIN 10 HOME 64 + P3D v4 + GEP3D + UTX Europe + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX Trees HD + ASP4 + ASCA/SF3D + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE + GSX + EZCA + (EnvForce).

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

TomatoShade's reflections should never be used when aircraft has native PBR. I'm not sure but I think it doesn't even work when aircraft has PBR. Additionally, TS reflections are magnitudes worse than any native PBR textures.

• Like 1

Why would you break something that already works?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, ATC, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 and P3D v4

System specs: Windows 10  Pro 64-bit, i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-2070, 32GB RAM  1X 1TB M2 for X-Plane 11, 1x 500GB SSD for P3Dv4, 1x256GB SSD for OS.

53 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Why would you break something that already works?

Because it's a human nature 🙂

• Like 2

I highly recommend turning off the Extended Reflections in the TS menu, so it interferes less with aircraft that already come with PBR.

Lee

Lee Holdridge

i7 8700K 4.8 OC 32GB Ram 11GB GTX 1080ti

14 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I highly recommend turning off the Extended Reflections in the TS menu, so it interferes less with aircraft that already come with PBR.

Lee

It doesn't interfere at all if you haven't applied to a specific aircraft. If you turn it off then you don't get reflections for aircraft that don't come with PBR.

Edited by Evros

1 minute ago, Evros said:

It doesn't interfere at all if you haven't applied to a specific aircraft. If you turn it off then you don't get reflections for aircraft that don't come with PBR.

Are you sure? I am curious, I notice the difference on a few PBR planes.

Lee

Lee Holdridge

i7 8700K 4.8 OC 32GB Ram 11GB GTX 1080ti

2 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Are you sure? I am curious, I notice the difference on a few PBR planes.

Lee

I haven't noticed any difference. After all, TomatoShade uses the same PBR rendering pipeline that native one does.

I feel no difference if the aircraft it not changed and came with native PBR, but some aircraft with native non-PBR realtime reflaction like the L1049 and B350(if you keep it form 4.2), using tomato's reflection will kill it's own reflection.