Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Tomatoshade reflection profiles for PMDG 737 NGXu

Hello all, 

I guess many of you already own the new PMDG 737 NGXu. I was trying to use Tomatoshade with the current PMDG 737 reflection profiles (there are plenty out there), however they seem not to work with the NGXu since I think the new one has some new models perhaps (for instant BW instead of WL). Does somebody created these profiles and willing to share? 

Thank you :)

Omar

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Why reflection profiles when the NGXu has already PBR textures?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

You don't need reflection profiles for PBR aircraft like the NGXu.  That's what I always thought

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Aha I wasn't aware of that. Thanks everyone for the info 🙂

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Well, the "standard" PBR for P3D at night will not reflex anything that don't actually emission light, like the night texture on terminal, standard taxi lights and poles\building's light in the city, that's what tomato could improve a lot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, C2615 said:

Well, the "standard" PBR for P3D at night will not reflex anything that don't actually emission light, like the night texture on terminal, standard taxi lights and poles\building's light in the city, that's what tomato could improve a lot.

Yeah, but that's what tomato could also damage a lot...  Just look at the many post on different Addon Devs pages where the ground looks grainy, or it refelcts way too much and so on...

Devs tend to use different tehniques when creating sceneries and many times it somehow "collides" with tomato.

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

TomatoShade's reflections should never be used when aircraft has native PBR. I'm not sure but I think it doesn't even work when aircraft has PBR. Additionally, TS reflections are magnitudes worse than any native PBR textures.

• Like 1

Why would you break something that already works?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

53 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Why would you break something that already works?

Because it's a human nature 🙂

• Like 2

I highly recommend turning off the Extended Reflections in the TS menu, so it interferes less with aircraft that already come with PBR.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

14 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I highly recommend turning off the Extended Reflections in the TS menu, so it interferes less with aircraft that already come with PBR.

Lee

It doesn't interfere at all if you haven't applied to a specific aircraft. If you turn it off then you don't get reflections for aircraft that don't come with PBR.

Edited by Evros

1 minute ago, Evros said:

It doesn't interfere at all if you haven't applied to a specific aircraft. If you turn it off then you don't get reflections for aircraft that don't come with PBR.

Are you sure? I am curious, I notice the difference on a few PBR planes.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

2 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Are you sure? I am curious, I notice the difference on a few PBR planes.

Lee

I haven't noticed any difference. After all, TomatoShade uses the same PBR rendering pipeline that native one does.

I feel no difference if the aircraft it not changed and came with native PBR, but some aircraft with native non-PBR realtime reflaction like the L1049 and B350(if you keep it form 4.2), using tomato's reflection will kill it's own reflection.