Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

December 19th, 2019 - Development/Insider Update

13 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

What do you suppose the users who took those screenshots were thinking when they were flying in those moments?  They almost all look good enough to be photographs unless you really took a magnifying glass to them.

Aren't they supposed to be chasing bugs rather than gawking at pretty pictures? 😉 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

SDK UPDATE

• SDK – Preview Version release moved back to mid-January.
  • SDK – Official V1 release expected March 2020.

We’ve made great progress on the SDK in recent weeks and are confident that an initial preview version will be ready as early as mid-January. The preview version will allow interested 3rd party developers to have a first look at the SDK, provide feedback and send requests / wishes to help us prioritize the work moving forward (similar to the Tech Alpha process).This is by no means an official V1 release – we expect that to be ready March 2020.

Bonjour Asobo

It'd be great that you don't reserve the preview to the pro developers. There is a big freeware community out there which very much looks forward to some informations like the formats and parameters to insert 3D models into the new sims. To be ready 😉...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'd assume that they send the preview to all users who applied for the alpha version and answered the question 'are you a developer' with yes.

3 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I'd assume that they send the preview to all users who applied for the alpha version and answered the question 'are you a developer' with yes.

I assume that too but it would be nice to have at least some indications of its main features (formats).

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Why a mystery? Diamond is an Austrian company which is located at LOAN. That's why I mentioned that this would be a detailed airport I'd like to see because it's their home airport.

3 hours ago, domkle said:

EDIT Weird purple/green colors at the bottom center of the picture.  

I think thats the watermark.  If you look closely at all of these alpha shots they have a very subtle colored watermark or two baked into the screen output with the username on them.  I'm sure that's to prevent alpha testers from leaking pics to the public.  Unless Microsoft releases the pics themselves of course!

• Upvote 1

I think thats the watermark.  If you look closely at all of these alpha shots they have a very subtle colored watermark or two baked into the screen output with the username on them.  I'm sure that's to prevent alpha testers from leaking pics to the public.  Unless Microsoft releases the pics themselves of course!

its the watermark yes,

that prouve many leak before was false, because crop upper and bottom not enought...

25 minutes ago, Mengy said:

I think you can see it clearly in this photo:

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Technical-Alp

and if you took this into photoshop and cranked the Red channel, I'm sure it would really pop.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

we wish you and your loved ones the very best this holiday season.

And the same to all of you! :smile:

• Like 1

my favorite shot is the one by SebastianShain.  Absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Is 14 years worth waiting for what hopes to be the next quantum leap in Microsoft's flight simulation?

You betcha!!!