Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 9th, 2020 - Development Update

1 hour ago, jlund said:

What will happen to the Alpha and Beta versions the day when the final version is released. Can they stop them from working so people HAVE to buy the final product (I hope so), other wise there may be a lot of people that just want to stick with the versions they've got.

I wonder if the Alpha2 will have more than the three planes that I guess is in the Alpha1.

It is quite simple I think.  They will simply deny access when the alpha or beta software tries to connect to the MS servers.

• Upvote 1

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

4 hours ago, ckyliu said:

On all test programmes I've ever been part of we got the release version for life for free, as a thank you for testing.

I've alpha / beta tested a great many computer games over the decades, but I've only once gotten the game for free as a reward for testing, and that was Dungeon Keeper by Bullfrog.  I did get a discount for testing on the original Starfleet Command, but I still had to buy the game.

I doubt Microsoft will do that here, I've never gotten a free game for doing beta testing with Microsoft before.  I wouldn't complain though if I did!

@Mengy MS went as far as to post me FSX RTM DVDs with a key all the way from Seattle on DHL, we must've been lucky I guess!

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

This alpha testing setup is way too expansive for them to give the game away to testers. It looks like it's going to be thousands of people by the time it's over. 

• Upvote 2

That's a good point, when I was doing testing stuff had to be posted out on DVD so the groups were probably smaller.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, Mengy said:

I doubt Microsoft will do that here, I've never gotten a free game for doing beta testing with Microsoft before.  I wouldn't complain though if I did!

As a FSX tester, we were given RTM copies.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

It may depend on how much useful information each tester provides. Someone may give Microsoft huge amounts of useful information on bugs/feature suggestions etc. throughout the testing process, and I would argue that a person like that deserves a free copy. However, some testers probably just ride the virtual waves, and don't contribute anything.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 1/9/2020 at 5:52 PM, simtom said:

Oh boy, I think I'll need to replace my F5 key next week.

Now THAT, was funny! Good hunting!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

On 1/10/2020 at 7:27 PM, bonchie said:

This alpha testing setup is way too expansive for them to give the game away to testers. It looks like it's going to be thousands of people by the time it's over. 

I wouldn't be shocked if their final test was basically open to anyone who signs up for it, to load test their infrastructure.

I'd expect the most testers will get, is something within the sim itself, if that.