Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 16th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

They are taking this sim to "insane" level man!!

• Like 4

Awesome! And the high detail AI plane. Just wow. Once AI is in I will just sit there and watch the AI Taxi around 

• Like 16

Lukas Dalton

37 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Only 3rd party development partners will have access to the SDK in which they will be able to create and edit airports, sceneries, planes and missions.

The SDK makes available the same in-game tools used internally for the development of the core simulator. We can’t wait to see what our 3rd parties and Content Creators create based on the samples we’re providing.

This is great.  If they're releasing the same toolset they use the skies the limit when it comes to creating scenery and planes.

• Like 1

Now I want to land a Piper in a grass field in the middle of nowhere, step out, sit on the grass and just listen.

They didn't have any urban sounds with road traffic and people talking... That would be a nice feature.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I just finished watching the soundscape episode, wow at 5:12 the water sound effects gave me the shivers.

• Like 4

I'm sitting here watching this video and I'm thinking: "Now they're just showing off" lmao, it looks and sounds outstanding.

• Like 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Okay Okay - I 100% poo poo my pants. 

I literally spat water that I was drinking when I saw the C172 in the rain (okay, one can not fly in that rain) but I was like Work Those Frames - what graphics...oh man

The graphics - OMG. 

No wonder Entex team released their Sound product - MSFS has soundscapes.

These videos do not make me wanna use P3D at all.  I am like why even bother Orbx to fix Vector (which they are not going to do), what is the point.  100% game changer, just enjoying Xplane11+PE till release and hopefully rest is history.

Can I get the Alpha access pretty please....come on $MSFT

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 4

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

7:35 I just want to park the plane in that place and listen to the FREAKING BIRDS CHIRPING WHAT THE HELL???? Anyone else shocked?

EDIT: AND FREAKING INSECTS

Edited by Bear242
  • Like 2

Blades of Grass moves - that is Orbx Grassflow replacement now.

Did you see the pink hue clouds at night when they did time shift lapse???

At times I could not tell between on how real the plane is on the runway - it looked so real. 

They really are Working Those Frames on their GPUs.  I can't wait to try this sim on my Super 2070 RTX

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

You can even change the speed of the WIND and hear the difference at the same time too much information to intake in my system.

• Like 2

Open file structure confirmed? At 1:41 it is said that the XML files for the audio will be accessible to simmers (so that you can add your own sounds), and that the legacy sound system will still be supported. This is a clear change in direction from Microsoft Flight, where all the files were hidden in encrypted packages.

• Like 3

This will be so appreciated by bush plane simmers.

It also shows that there will be room for regional scenery makers that can get more specific with the flora and fauna specific locations.

I'm also really glad you can land anywhere like in a cub. You could in FSX too but I'm glad it's clear this is also going to happen in MSFS2020 😎

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
addition

Just now, GlideBy said:

Day and Night soundscapes, but no mention of seasonal sounds.

Seasons are still not an officially confirmed feature. When they are closer to completion, I'm sure they'll talk about them in detail. In an older interview they said that if they're going to do seasons, they want to do them right, with all the necessary details.