Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 16th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

The thing that worries me is that the sdk will be kept for developers only.  I hope this is not the case in release  If so they may be shooting themselves in the foot.

Harry Woodrow

59 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

IMHO your reasoning is incoherent.

PMDG will have access to the very same SDK that Asobo use to build default aircraft.

So again, what actual evidence do you have that PMDG is not capable of producing an aircraft better than the default ones?

Are you seriously suggesting that PMDG cannot produce a 747 that is better than the default one?

I strongly back what @domkle just said.

I don't know what point you try to make, PMDG is the best of the best? ok man 🙂 Just wait and see.

5 minutes ago, harrry said:

The thing that worries me is that the sdk will be kept for developers only.  I hope this is not the case in release  If so they may be shooting themselves in the foot.

I think everyone will get it. If not...If you use the SDK you are in turn a developer 🙂

1 minute ago, NZ255 said:

I think everyone will get it. If not...If you use the SDK you are in turn a developer 🙂

We think everyone who says they are a developer is a developer, 

They said 

SDK UPDATE

After a ton of hard work over the past few months we are happy to announce that an alpha version of the SDK will be available in the upcoming ALPHA release!

Only 3rd party development partners will have access to the SDK in which they will be able to create and edit airports, sceneries, planes and missions.

It could be they are restricting it to gain royalties for development like a past company tried.

Harry Woodrow

Why should Asobo hold back all the possibilities that this revolutionary simulator has to offer, they would shoot themselves in the knee! 
They will bring out aircraft that will demonstrate what is possible with this simulator, especially with regard to the new complex aerodynamics! Because previous simulations already had very good system depth, that shouldn't be the problem!
I expect from the renowned third-party providers, not in the first years but from the 5th year on, planes that will surpass everything previous!

Why only the 5th year? 

You cannot think that because ASOBO has spent nearly 5 years developing MSFS, that 3rd party developers will take 5 years to develop anything. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

35 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I strongly back what @domkle just said.

I don't know what point you try to make, PMDG is the best of the best? ok man 🙂 Just wait and see.

I'm not playing straw man with you, but nice try.

Matthew S

I might have already mentioned this, but through Microsoft's and Asobo's partnerships, I won't be surprised if third-party developers are allowed to tap into the data that Asobo have access to when creating the default aircraft. This could bring third-party aircraft to a very similar or better level (probably not right at release though), that then would be approved by Asobo and sold on the official Microsoft marketplace as DLC for the simulator.

Regarding the amount of sales mentioned before, it is important to note that things are now different with the Xbox Game Pass, and providing a wider selection of titles to make it appeal to as many people as possible is important. It was already said by Microsoft that it was the Xbox Game Pass that allowed Microsoft Flight Simulator to happen. I don't think they will be tracking sales the same way from now on.

36 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I'm not playing straw man with you, but nice try.

Glad you realized this is a dumb game.

Until next time 🙂

4 hours ago, harrry said:

I think MS intend to allow everyone access to the SDK eventually. I cannot remember when or where they said this but I believe they have stated it as a fact.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I believe the quote below from December 2019 clarifies matter wrt the SDK.

The preview version will allow interested 3rd party developers to have a first look at the SDK, provide feedback and send requests / wishes to help us prioritize the work moving forward (similar to the Tech Alpha process). This is by no means an official V1 release – we expect that to be ready March 2020.

Essentially it's only the SDK preview that's restricted to 3PDs as I understand this.

• Upvote 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:56 AM, vortex681 said:

Why? The potential number of modern and classic aircraft which could be modelled in the new sim is enormous and the small number that Asobo provide by default may not appeal to everyone. Also, there’s no reason to think that 3rd party aircraft will be any less authentic/impressive. Many developers have a good track record for producing really excellent products that stretch the boundaries of what was thought possible and I can’t think that this would suddenly stop.

Because of the lack of resources and technology. How many 3rd party developers can come up with sound scapes like shown in that video? Or have the level of detail visually via the new rendering techniques? Or have the actual manufactures helping design systems? 

I think some can (I can see PMDG and A2A spending money to meet those high bars), but a lot of other more volume driven developers who've made a living shovels out sub-par products (Carenado comes to mind) will have issues going forward. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Oh come on! Do you own any PMDG aircraft? Of course 3rd parties can go into more detail than Asobo.

Some that are willing to make big investments may be able too. A lot of developers are not going to have the tools to reach the bar being set though. 

Come on guys, not EVERY developer went the so called 'perfect' PMDG route, & the same will happen with MSFS.

Not every simmer wants that kind of quality or will be prepared to pay PMDG prices.

There will be a bit of everything for everybody, even freeware! 

• Upvote 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...