Sign in to follow this  
Captain747

Calm down

1 minute ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

No worries. It is as good as it looks.

Alpha Tester? 🙂

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

It's good as it looks with all it's quirks. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

6 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Outside the cockpit, sure.

You've seen all the flight models of different aircraft types so you can guarantee that? I sure haven't. 😉

Yeah, I mean what use is all the world, weather and all the revolutionary stuff they are creating if the aircraft they will deliver do not live up to the high-fidelity "study-level" standards FSX and P3D have provided with their default aircraft.

10 hours ago, Captain747 said:

…which apparently has made a total 360 degree turn in the new upcoming simulator…from what we have seen so far from the short trailers. 

You probably meant a 180 degrees turn, right?

When someone asks me to calm down I like to understand who that person is so I looked for your other posts and found this gem that you posted in the FS9 forum 11 days ago:

You received some common-sense feed back, but haven't bothered to respond yet. Just makes me wonder ...

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I don't get it.

We've got nothing to lose. Prepar3D v4 and X-Plane 11 aren't going anywhere. If MSFS is good - hurrah! - if not, back to normal. 

But there surely is great stuff to be had. How much better it will be to explore Barcelona in MSFS than using Google Earth. Even if the flying is word not allowed, I'll be happy to use it for geography and map exploration. 

• Like 5

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

4 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

I don't get it.

We've got nothing to lose. Prepar3D v4 and X-Plane 11 aren't going anywhere. If MSFS is good - hurrah! - if not, back to normal. 

But there surely is great stuff to be had. How much better it will be to explore Barcelona in MSFS than using Google Earth. Even if the flying is word not allowed, I'll be happy to use it for geography and map exploration. 

I think most of us here has flown on FSX, and it’s difficult to have worst flying haha. 

And honestly. XP has “good” flying, but for VFR/IFR is more boring than FSX, with that weather and scenery... 

So I think MSFS is a needed improvement so far... and the change flight sim community needs. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

Prepar3D v4 and X-Plane 11 aren't going anywhere

As far as I know, P3D is preparing the launch of v5 and X-Plane is going to v12, so that's where they are going to. They will do their marketing too.

Life continues and for the best of flightsimming.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The OP took about ten thousand words to essentially say "it looks great, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves folks", which... okay? Thanks? Haha.

I'm calm.

I play flight sim some weekends.  Sometimes I don't.

6 minutes ago, edpatino said:

As far as I know, P3D is preparing the launch of v5 and X-Plane is going to v12, so that's where they are going to. They will do their marketing too.

Cheers, Ed

Probably, but somehow that doesn't make me hover with excitement. But for those who think Microsoft's in development simulator is a big conspiracy theory made only to disappoint fans of the genera, I guess new and improved FSX graphics and plausible scenery on the horizon is a huge relief. Good thing is, seems like we'll all get what we want finally - which is a big change from the present. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

7 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

Probably, but somehow that doesn't make me hover with excitement. But for those who think Microsoft's in development simulator is a big conspiracy theory

As the OP said, just calm down...

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

25 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

He is right in regard to both failing to deliver a true next gen sim in a timely fashion. It seemingly needs a bigger (software) company with all their resources under one roof to deliver on that promise effectively.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I reckon this thread could get a little mention in the next update.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.