Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 26th, 2020 – Development Update

On 3/29/2020 at 2:39 PM, Dazzaboy said:

Im just really happy they are developing this sim . They have reignited my enthusiasm for flight sims . Ive been flight simming since the first releases from Microsoft and each one has advanced the genre . However none seems to have come close to the degree of advancement this one appears to be doing . Quit the negativity and embrace the future . 

Indeed, couldn't agree more.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

On 3/28/2020 at 2:09 PM, NZ255 said:

You’re right, they do talk about bandwidth and not graphics power. That’s because it’s going to add up to a lot of data being streamed to have 50 planes per person with enough detail (data size) to have planes update x times a second and make the movements look smooth. 

They are just sending location, heading, and maybe things like flaps, ailerons...  In fact, they could send the same data that is used for live traffic, or just a bit more, and it can calculate and smooth the flying same as live traffic.  But part of my point before, was a flight sim does not need to update as often per second as a first person shooter.

And if those 50 planes are in a group, they can send the same data to all.  If there are a hundred, they could send all one hundred, rather than send each user a separate data stream.   Then they just limit the number of online users in a group, and send the data with a group ID tag.  This saves data as you don't have 50 planes getting 50 different sets of data.  Just one group, getting one set.  Thus a group of one plane, it sends its data up, the server bundles it with a group ID and send it back out.  Only the member of the group uses the data.  Now, if we have 100 planes, then each plane sends up their position, and the server bundles them all, and sends it back out with the group ID attached.

Now, you might be worried that you now have 100 planes uploading data.  Or the block size of data is bigger being downloaded.  That is true.  But they never said what the world limit is for number of planes.  And that doesn't have to change.

Lastly they could use the current system for the large set of users without a group.

On 3/29/2020 at 3:35 AM, tweekz said:

I fly on IVAO as it's more populated in Europe. Outside of events I have never seen anywhere near 50 other people in my 200km radius. Not even close.

I suspect that this sim will have a lot more users than IVAO has.  But why exclude events?  What if we want to do events?

Here is what 49 planes looks like.  (Real photo, real life, see video below)

img_5675-ksc-chiefs-flyover-49-aircraft-

Here is the video of that event, with 50 planes.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_p-R2i13HU

And here is a Oshkosh fly in with 116 planes.  

On 3/29/2020 at 7:42 AM, RazorBlade said:

I guess that that all these ATC networks will be a group that you can choose in multiplayer. So, then you can join a group and they decide if you can become a member or not. If you don't follow the procedures of that group then they can ban you. 

On 3/29/2020 at 10:06 AM, RazorBlade said:

The problem with these multiplayer modes is that there is no limit to the amount of people in the same session. 

You know you can fly solo, or just fly with only live traffic.  And then you can create a group if you want to fly with others.  If anyone does things you don't like, just kick them from the group.  Or join another group that is well controlled.  And you can also set a local machine limit to show less planes.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:58 AM, RazorBlade said:

That is absolutly true. But why would you create an option that you know will lead to complete chaos. 

Because they are giving you tools to deal with it, such as groups, no multiplayer, etc.  

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!

20 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The video said 50 closest to you.

Right, 50 closest.  So my point in saying those could be close or far, is that is easy to fill up.  For example, there could be 50 planes taxiing around LAX, and then you would see no planes in the sky.  And the guy I replied to said that 50 planes would bump into each other.  But when you think about 50 planes spread over a 400KM diameter circle, that is actually very spread out.

The first time we try to do an Oshkosh fly in, it is going to look very sparse.  (See my post about with pic, and videos of 50, and 116 planes)

And speaking to the group, remember, this is a hard limit.  If you upgrade your computer now, or a couple years from now, you will have the same limit.  And this is not about your internet, as you could upgrade to one gigabit fiber, and still have the limit.

Snow depth? Nice! I wonder how deep it can go.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GlideBy said:

Did anyone notice the snow and lightning options?

https://imgur.com/a/LT35BjX

k3rQTu0.png

AND Here  the same settings screen from Episode 2 Discovery series- weather... 10-2019..

as you see there are no "snow depth"  slider..., so now we can say that, at least winter seasons is CONFIRM at day one!!!  🙂

ezgif-4-e721ec9b1f71.webp

Edited by janda
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GlideBy said:

a flight sim does not need to update as often per second as a first person shooter

Regarding this point i only have three words: acrobatic formation flying.

On 3/29/2020 at 5:05 PM, decker89 said:

How much chaos are you expecting in a map that is a 1:1 scale of the entire Earth? What are the chances in such a scale that you'll be surrounded by 100 kamkazi pilots all at the same part of the Earth that you happen to also be in?

Chances are good if you are around Princess Juliana Airport TNCM

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Snow depth? Nice! I wonder how deep it can go.

It really depends of the angle of the sloped runway.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, GlideBy said:

Great find! Great news!

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

10 hours ago, GlideBy said:

And what about aerosol density? What does it mean in the sim? Visual pollution a few meters above the ground?

Edited by Noooch

32 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Visual pollution a few meters above the ground?

"Real weather" pollution?

So clean air slowly transforming into dirty air approaching large cities? And maybe even seeing the pollution over cities from altitude during cruise?

Does this affect night lighting too?

Excellent!

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

Very interesting find. And great potential. 
Looks like, they're going all-in on modelling the atmosphere. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471