Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 26th, 2020 – Development Update

On 3/27/2020 at 12:07 AM, kingm56 said:

I'm sure VATSIM will still exist because the notions you highlighted; however, you have to realize 99% of simmers don't use VATSIM...  

Please Delete...

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

On 3/27/2020 at 12:39 AM, simtom said:

Yeah I know, but for fly-ins or other group activities it doesn't seem like that many. Of course, it isn't the same as 50 players in a shooter but still. Maybe I'm expecting too much here, though with their whole Azure cloud technology you would expect to see more capabilities from it.

No, 50 is a HUGE number. It is the number of rendered a/c that are closest to you. Not even counting the AI. How many times in real life have you seen 50 a/c around you at the same time? That would either be 1) Some serious formation flying that is pretty much unheard of except during WW2, or 2) A huge number of a/c breaking every rule regarding separation.

Please pick one of the largest airports in the world and picture yourself anywhere on the ground. Is there any position from where you can see 50 a/c at the same time? They would pretty much have to be parked as a circle formation around you to for this to even be physically possible. Maybe you would be able to spot 50 a/c  from the tower on a sunny clear day but that's it.

I really don't understand the "with their whole Azure cloud technology you would expect to see more capabilities from it" criticism. In what way would a cloud service enable your computer and graphics card to be able to render more objects on the screen in front of you? It doesn't make any sense.

It seems like some people are just here trying to make positive things sound like limitations. I'm pretty sure that if the limit was 500 or 5000, there would still be people here finding this number disappointing.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Noodle said:

I was almost positive this was actually a very well-done full moon scene. But the filename is "sun.png", so...womp womp.

Seems like a terribly misleading picture to post. That's unfortunate.

This is obviously the sun, that's what flying looks like above the clouds at dusk.

At 3:34, the dev has an XBox controller near his joystick!

Edited by Noooch

42 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

This is obviously the sun, that's what flying looks like above the clouds at dusk.

Say what now? Is my sarcasm detector inop?

The sky is black with the sun out? The airplane is black despite being exposed to direct sunlight? I've seen plenty of sunsets from the flight levels, but never a black sky with the sun shining. 

If you mean the ground should be dark then I absolutely agree. That's something no other version of FS has gotten right (don't know about XP).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

At 3:34, the dev has an XBox controller near his joystick!

They are a game console developer but it may be an XBOX Series X the devs do have them now Phil Spencer has had one for over a month, they are unlikely to need Alpha testers for that they know the specs to run one mini PC.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 3/27/2020 at 7:49 AM, soloraj said:

maybe the best ending to the multiplayer development update would have been "and we're including full support for Vatsim, IVAO and PilotEdge for those of you who like to fly with LiveATC"...

Agreed because without those organizations,this video is a preview of what MS2020 servers will look like for multiplayer whether one selects either mode MS2020 offers: 

Eric 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:01 AM, mp15 said:

They only have servers in West US and West EU around 30 ms ping, I wonder how things will work for me in South America probably getting 250 ms ping. 

At this time. Since they are still in Alpha why would they open more than two servers? That's just spending money you don't have to spend at the moment.

They will open up more servers at release for sure.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:30 AM, GlideBy said:

I hope a future build fixes the look of mountains.

I doubt it. That is a matter of mesh resolution. You'll probably have to use an add-on mesh like one always had to. I have hopes that the old meshes are compatible.

4 hours ago, Noodle said:

Say what now? Is my sarcasm detector inop?

The sky is black with the sun out? The airplane is black despite being exposed to direct sunlight? I've seen plenty of sunsets from the flight levels, but never a black sky with the sun shining. 

If you mean the ground should be dark then I absolutely agree. That's something no other version of FS has gotten right (don't know about XP).

That's sun. Moon doesn't do that to the clouds.

Also yes, you can have dark sky with sun in higher altitude. Even black in space.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

On 3/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, HighTowers said:

As a side note, MS/Asobo  and AIG need to get together and discuss getting rid of those default liveries for real ones

Will not happen. They would need to license all the liveries with the real companies.

That will remain the job of third-party developers, both free- and payware.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tolip2 said:

I really don't understand the "with their whole Azure cloud technology you would expect to see more capabilities from it" criticism. In what way would a cloud service enable your computer and graphics card to be able to render more objects on the screen in front of you? It doesn't make any sense.

It seems like some people are just here trying to make positive things sound like limitations.

I'm not criticizing them, I'm just surprised that 50 is the limit. 

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

16 hours ago, Dazzaboy said:

May I thank you for making me aware of Airforceproud videos . Absolutely hilarious lol .

Blog it......:)

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

18 hours ago, tweekz said:

Yeah... Berlin and Rome are photogrammetry cities. Thats why.

But Salzburg is available in photogrammetry. Just not on Bing...

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

But Salzburg is available in photogrammetry. Just not on Bing...

Guys, we are overdue for a Bing photogrammetry update.  They always release them in batches.  And we already have been told that the sim will automatically update when Bing does.  

• Upvote 1