Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 26th, 2020 – Development Update

Just now, frila said:

This very amazing update has only one screenshot with big disappointments at the second glance. It is the Salzburg screenshot from Djays72.

Bing in general does not have lot of photogrammetry outside the US I'm afraid. Not even cities like Vienna, Cologne or London.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 minutes ago, tweekz said:

That looks like Salzburg. (LOWS) @Shack95

Thanks for the hint. I already found this particular one but hints are always much appreciated! 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Regarding the video near the end:

To me it looked like those Airbus have some kind of wingflex. Which would be great as we had doubts about it.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

maybe the best ending to the multiplayer development update would have been "and we're including full support for Vatsim, IVAO and PilotEdge for those of you who like to fly with LiveATC"...

11 minutes ago, frila said:

This very amazing update has only one screenshot with big disappointments at the second glance. It is the Salzburg screenshot from Djays72. Compared to real world photos (I have often been there) and Google Earth it seems that Bing has much much less visual data from Salzburg than Google Earth.

You know that unless photogrammetry area it will never be perfect, right? 

Edited by aleex
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, domkle said:

In the nitpicking dept , the OperatorLand468's shot is bizarre. A setting or rising sun in a black sky  with only some golden hues on the haze below ? Except for the clouds, it looks a little bit like an alien  world !

I viewed the update on my phone and assumed the pic was of a full moon.

Wow, just imagine flying with your buddy next to you in two f-16's! Discovering the world and doing flight display manouvres!!!

Amazing stuff, i've been waiting for almost 40 years for this version of msfs in all it's beauty. A big thank you to all the wonderfull people who make this possible.!!!!

Edited by Wildblue
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

One thing to keep in mind when thinking about PilotEdge or Vatsim is that this is MP not the sim itself.  Meaning its an option and when FSX came out a user could join a MP session, Vatsim or not.

My question is can we get live traffic without having to join MP?

28 minutes ago, F737NG said:

It's a picture of a total eclipse 😉

There is no eclipse in the shot 😉 and  the sun is higher in the sky in your image  so the shift of the light toward the red is minimal. In the screenshot the sun is low, sun and sky should be redder and the sun  illuminate gradually the sky around. 

I've had my share of long haul flights in my life, transatlantic, transpacific, Europe-Asia. Never saw that. Now I don't say that is doesn't exist but I think that you need   a SR71 or U-2 and fly at  80,000 feet where the air is much less dense.

Speaking of it, Asobo , what about a nice U-2 

1 hour ago, badderjet said:

I can't. Also I would not know how to judge that from a still picture. You might still be right, I just don't see it.

Neither do I but if Matthew sees one, be sure there is one 😋

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, badderjet said:

I can't. Also I would not know how to judge that from a still picture. You might still be right, I just don't see it.

Follow the yellow taxi line, just in the lower part of the picture. There is some kind of bump

28 minutes ago, Ident said:

One thing to keep in mind when thinking about PilotEdge or Vatsim is that this is MP not the sim itself.  Meaning its an option and when FSX came out a user could join a MP session, Vatsim or not.

My question is can we get live traffic without having to join MP?

Yes they already said there will be live traffic without mp

38 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Yes they already said there will be live traffic without mp

Where in the video do they mention this?

And what is with those blurry mountrain textures at 2:02 in the video? Must be ultra-low graphics settings (or at least I hope)!

Wondering about the possibility to have historical AI Traffic similar to AS historical weather.

So let me start by saying that I echo everyone who was blown away by this. It looks great and even better than we dared to hope!

But am I the only one seeing what seem to be fairly significant stutters in this video during the in-sim footage? I’m hoping it’s just my computer lagging while playing the video!

James

Sebastian Wloch: "A cluster of servers is a place where we have data in a data center"

Thank you Sebastian for not using the buzzword "cloud technology", which could have been confused with Asobo's actual "volumetric cloud" rendering technology.

It's this high level of clarity and common sense with community communication from Asobo which has to be appreciated.

1.jpg

• Like 2