Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

New Alpha invitation wave today?

On 3/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, Baber20 said:

32gb users who registered early will be getting the invites only. 16gb users, prepare yourselves to get disappointed once again.

Nope; "Ensure that those that registered early for pre-release build testing, have access to the Alpha."

17 hours ago, Noooch said:

Thanks, I understand you are in, what are your specs pls?

14 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

One player experience is not an indicative sample of anything, but i'll still gladly hear about your computer specs out of curiosity

Sorry gents, I forgot to add my specs, here you go:

Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.6 Ghz, NVidia GeForce GTX970, 32GB RAM

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

26 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Bernd, don't be sorry, your "eye winks"  from your present experience , are appreciated

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

10 hours ago, n4gix said:

...but then I live alone so I'm probably safe from the Men in Black raiding my home!

I dare say the MSFS Alpha is likely just as hot as toilet paper right now, so you probably have a bunch of eager simmers camping in vans outside your home that sneak in every time you leave to get a glimpse of the Alpha. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

During last wave, that kind of specs were invited with 32GB of RAM.

But with 16 GB only NASA specs (i9-9900k + RTX2080Super and that kind of stuff). 

We will see this time 

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2020 at 3:57 PM, GlideBy said:

The CPU speed should be in your dxdiag file.  And most that have signed up haven't been chosen.  Over 43,000 people have signed up.  That is a huge number of people that want in.

Yeah but sadly it reads only the original speed not the o.c. speed I checked it out. Anyway... you are right there's just too many people trying to get in.

14 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Exactly my specs since way back, and no invite, but I'm sure there are other factors being considered, otherwise why bother with the questionnaire.

Who knows, we will see when it happens. As long as it is tested

#keepontesting #portal

• Upvote 1

Victor Roos

Maybe it's time to consider the possibility MSFS is all just CGI...

Given all the time I will be spending in lockdown over the next few weeks/months, I'm seriously considering buying a new desktop right now and hope I get an alpha or beta invite in the future... By now we seem to have a good idea of what specs are needed to yield a good performance.

Anyone else considering it?

On 4/1/2020 at 10:36 AM, bernd1151 said:

No worries 🙂

But yeah, my point was about 16gb users. Right now the available ram seems to be more of a factor in being picked up than the GPU itself.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

14 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

By now we seem to have a good idea of what specs are needed to yield a good performance.

No we do not.  The only specs you have seen are the people getting into Alpha.  This is indicative of the final specs.  For example most people have had high end machines, but one dev was running a 1060 at FHD and 1440p sometimes.  And another stated that the flight model, the cockpit with models, and the complex weather system, were using just 5% of one CPU core, and they can use all cores.  

And the sim is still in Alpha.  The devs are still adding features, and optimizing the code.  Just wait until we have the official minimum and recommended specs.  By then new hardware could be out, and prices will change.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

No we do not.  The only specs you have seen are the people getting into Alpha.  This is indicative of the final specs.  For example most people have had high end machines, but one dev was running a 1060 at FHD and 1440p sometimes.  And another stated that the flight model, the cockpit with models, and the complex weather system, were using just 5% of one CPU core, and they can use all cores.  

And the sim is still in Alpha.  The devs are still adding features, and optimizing the code.  Just wait until we have the official minimum and recommended specs.  By then new hardware could be out, and prices will change.

I was referring to info like the one below (from another thread), and very similar ones I gleaned on Reddit and others. But you are probably right that I should be patient, watch more Netflix, and wait...

"While bound to the NDA, let me tell you that you shouldn’t be worried about performance.

My specs are i7-4770K (OC’d to 4.3) and 1070."

Edited by Turpentine