Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

X-Plane 11.50 beta 1 -is HERE-

I had no issues installing or running the sim after installing the new beta and enabling Vulkan in the menu.

The framerates at my addon KABQ scenery have doubled or nearly doubled in some cases,

101fps + flying out of there at 4k at higher graphics setting.

The fuel trucks on the west end of the airport by the terminal are very hard on frames but now I'm seeing 77fps on exterior view of the MD-80 where before it was 35 to 45fps.

Reshade no longer works but it's not needed now as the sim looks entirely more colorful and gone is that brown color in the lighting.

Nice job X-Plane!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

So how does it compare to MSFS ... hehe ... sorry couldn't resist.

But seriously, can I get a list of add-ons/plug-ins not work 100% with this Beta build?  RXP, Carenado, JustFlight, xCamera, Global Traffic, HiFi?

I've been so desperately wanting to try Vulkan betas but don't have a spare PC to test on.

Cheers, Rob.

The 2 planes i tried were from third party. I just tried it again with the same planes  . Good so far. Windows was giving me a problem before i downloaded 11.50. The planes are Auctus  Evektor EV-55,Carenado Saab 340,  Carenado  Cessna Caravan i forgot to mention. The caravan was okay from the start. I had a good framerate to begin with . I installed vulkan and noticed a stronger rate of course. We shall see. 

Edited by Paul Deluca

17 minutes ago, skully said:

I had no issues installing or running the sim after installing the new beta and enabling Vulkan in the menu.

The framerates at my addon KABQ scenery have doubled or nearly doubled in some cases,

101fps + flying out of there at 4k at higher graphics setting.

The fuel trucks on the west end of the airport by the terminal are very hard on frames but now I'm seeing 77fps on exterior view of the MD-80 where before it was 35 to 45fps.

Reshade no longer works but it's not needed now as the sim looks entirely more colorful and gone is that brown color in the lighting.

Nice job X-Plane!

I'm getting  77fps also Skully  Looking good  !!!!!

Edited by Paul Deluca
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Deluca said:

I'm getting a 77fps also Skully  Looking good  !!!!!

I just discovered that it's not the fuel trucks- it's actually the historic old ABQ terminal that's culprit of the FPS drops.

Still a superb scenery- one of the best ever made for any sim platform.

• Upvote 1

Just tried it in VR. its unusable. Just took off from CYYZ and looked left and it was a slide show. 11.41 was fine. I dont have anything else installed in it and same graphic settings. I'll wait as well. 

Now that vulkan is in place, the latest talk is to improve small details at the gate, and cities. Numerous suggestions have been made to Laminar. Thumbs up!!!!!

The librain effect also doesn't work if the Vulkan option is not selected.

4 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Just tried it in VR. its unusable. Just took off from CYYZ and looked left and it was a slide show. 11.41 was fine. I dont have anything else installed in it and same graphic settings. I'll wait as well. 

Sorry to hear that. I don't use VR.Don't give up.!!!

So I installed on my 2016 MBP w/ 4GB AMD 460 and waited through the shader rebuilds... I typically run on med (no HDR) and 16x AA.

When the shaders finished, I was treated to ~ 30% FR increase!  So I decided to see if HDR was better, it was not. So going back to med (no HDR) only allowed 8xAA and my FR was now worse than before patch!  

I am installing a fresh copy (I know about blasting the output prefs) to see if there is truly any improvement for me... Stay tuned.. 

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

So how does it compare to MSFS ... hehe ... sorry couldn't resist.

But seriously, can I get a list of add-ons/plug-ins not work 100% with this Beta build?  RXP, Carenado, JustFlight, xCamera, Global Traffic, HiFi?

I've been so desperately wanting to try Vulkan betas but don't have a spare PC to test on.

Cheers, Rob.

You can run a separate copy on the same computer. 

There is a new xvision version too, but of course shaders won't work anymore. Still, it is something i guess. Go to their site and you'll find more info.

I coudn't test it because when i start it i get a black screen, i don't even reach the main menu sadly. But one day i will try Vulkan myself too ^^

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

wow! hands-off to Laminar for this update. It feels like a whole new sim to me. I have now amazing visuals and amazing frame rates, super smooth. Makes flying so much more satisfying. I have a RTX 2080 Ti, but even with this gpu before this update I couldn't put the settings too high to satisfy me visually on heavy scenery locations. Now it feels like I have double the GPU power. I guess with Vulcan/Metal the GPU is utilized efficiently. Took the Spitfire for a ride over Southampton all ORBX scenery, and it felt like bliss. Also tried on scenarios where fps was unflyable at these settings and I could now fly smoothly. I really hope we get such a graphics engine upgrade in P3D. Again, congrats to Laminar! 

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Like 4

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

1 hour ago, Paul Deluca said:

Sorry to hear that. I don't use VR.Don't give up.!!!

I still have 11.41. And as that's how I fly, I cant use it. It's strange. The flight model is fine.  Just the ground, jerk, jerk, jerk. Odd. 

A decent increase in FPS and super smooth, certainly shows promise this update, once everything is sorted with add ons.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Anyone noticing like me that if you use time fast forward or backward the memory use spikes until you get a OOM CTD?

Log says W/MEM: Entered heavy memory pressure state

Then shuts down. Also without time changes. 

Ideas?

Update: Major improvement after putting the texture quality slider a notch to the left. No visible effect but GPU RAM now remains in the green area.

Edited by hjsmuc
Further testing

Hans