Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

X-Plane 11.50 beta 1 -is HERE-

18 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

Thanks Carlos. I use the screens that card drives for all sorts of things so I'll hope and wait for a [possible] fix.  

If you really want to give Vulkan a try, just disable the secondary card and re-enable after you quit XP, quite easy to do and worth the try. I can tell you that on my setup, Vulkan is a keeper as it is now and will only get better. Locked at 30, XP is butter smooth, will not go back to openGL.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

4 hours ago, tonywob said:

Can you open a bug report over at Orbx please, and post your log file... I suspect it's missing textures

Edit: I see you did already, thanks

I just wanted to say thank you for the fast response and temp fix. Very impressive!

ONSsenr.jpg

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I had blurred textures as well,

Just tested TE Washington and even with my 8 gig card I saw my textures slowly get blurry. It did not happen in TE FL or while flying in the San Francisco area TE NorCal. Excellent fps!

Thankfully this is an issue that LR is aware of and hopefully it will be addressed ASAP.

Update. It looks like my computer is now infected with the blurries virus. Tested TE FL with addon airports and noticed blurries again. That concludes my testing of XP 11.50.

Edited by DJJose

I'm getting blurry ground textures with TE Washington here too. Early days yet, I'll check back later. Everything else seemed fine.

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

37 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

I'm getting blurry ground textures with TE Washington here too. Early days yet, I'll check back later. Everything else seemed fine.

I'm back to 11.41 with fps struggling in the low 20s but at least my ground textures are sharp. This sucks! I want that fps back. LOL

4 hours ago, CarlosF said:

If you really want to give Vulkan a try, just disable the secondary card and re-enable after you quit XP, quite easy to do and worth the try. I can tell you that on my setup, Vulkan is a keeper as it is now and will only get better. Locked at 30, XP is butter smooth, will not go back to openGL.

I was hesitant to disable the number 2 card but did it anyway and yes, you were correct. Vulkan rocks! Three flights around Boston, NYC areas were gorgeous, smooth, and frame rates much higher than OGL. No blurries or any scenery anomalies in my one hour flight tests. You're right, it's a keeper. And thanks for giving me the nudge to try it. 

Greg G

Edited by Chocorua
added name
  • Like 2

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

Just tested TE Washington and even with my 8 gig card I saw my textures slowly get blurry. It did not happen in TE FL or while flying in the San Francisco area TE NorCal. Excellent fps!

Thankfully this is an issue that LR is aware of and hopefully it will be addressed ASAP.

Update. It looks like my computer is now infected with the blurries virus. Tested TE FL with addon airports and noticed blurries again. That concludes my testing of XP 11.50.

Jose, in an earlier post, I stated I thought I had 6 GB onboard graphics memory. Nope...I also have 8.  Within about 10-15 minutes running Vulcan, and with no changes to the Graphics Slides that I always ran OpenGL on...the display not only became a blurry mess, from right below the plane to the horizon...but no autogen houses were being created, and about 1/10 of the forestry was being visually created.  I then went back to 11.41 and with OpenGL, everything looked great...no autogen lag, or lack of rendering...so for myself, and how the way I want my XP world to look like...at this moment, Vulcan 11:50 B1 is a wash for me.  Nothing to cry about though...new things must be created....and am grateful that 11:41 is so stable.  I'll again try 11.5x Bx or Full Release later.  After all, this is indeed a Beta release, so no P and M'ing... 🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

Same for me, until a few B's or the full release gets sent out. BTW,   I never had ReShade (the latest 4.5.4) throwing in Shader tweaks alongside an xVision script.  I do now...and you can do this.  I now have the best looking XP (whatever) I have ever seen!  My water is gorgeous...what I did, was run my favorite xVision script. (XP11.41) and then after that...went up into the air...half over water, half over land...and then started putting together my custom ReShade 4.5.4 injections.  Wow...wow...wow!  So...quite XP-Happy!   Just wanted to let you know, that you can run both Shader modification programs side-by side, with each injecting with/alongside/or over the other.  FYI.

• Like 1

An important post from JustSid...(who wrote some of the Texture Coding for XP 11.50...

Posted around 1:30 am, on Sunday April 4th....

Seems like there is a lot of confusion about blurry textures, and a lot of idle speculation. So I figured I may help clear this up, and get some good debugging data. Note, I work for LR and wrote the code that makes the textures blurry (you are all welcome), so I’m not speculating here! Please don’t post any “Me too, I also have this”. I get the message that this is a real thing, no further confirmation necessary ;)

The blurry textures are a result of the new texture pager that is responsible for fitting all resources into VRAM. The texture slider is only a request to the sim now under Vulkan and Metal, if everything (textures, render targets and models) don’t all fit into VRAM, textures will be downscaled to make it all fit into the VRAM allotted to X-Plane (that VRAM could be less than what it says on the tin. For example my 8Gb cards routinely report a budget of around 6.4 Gb, but it also depends on what the rest of the system does. VRAM is shared between applications, and the OS also uses some of it!). Downscaling textures is a very good way to relieve VRAM pressure, because every time a texture gets its resolution dropped by half, it gets ~75% smaller in terms of VRAM. A uncompressed 4k texture takes up 85mb, so dropping that by 75% is a huge win! However, obviously if you’ve gots lot of VRAM this shouldn’t be happening. Even with TE or Ortho, you should be able to have everything at full res for around 6gb or so (I’m spitballing, don’t get upset if the number isn’t spot on)

So, if you have a lot of VRAM you should not see blurries. If that happens to you, it is definitely a bug. If ya'all wanna do me a favour and help debug this, I would really appreciate bug reports with a screenshot of the VRAM Profiler and the Texture Browser on the "Pager Info" tab (both can be accessed through the Developer menu bar entry). I would also love a log file from a run. Of course, only take these screenshots when you are in a blurry situation! Please don’t post here with these screenshots, properly report them. This forum is not a bug reporter by any means, I’m just posting here to get useful info into the official real bug reporter. Thanks :)

•  
Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Same for me, until a few B's or the full release gets sent out. BTW,   I never had ReShade (the latest 4.5.4) throwing in Shader tweaks alongside an xVision script.  I do now...and you can do this.  I now have the best looking XP (whatever) I have ever seen!  My water is gorgeous...what I did, was run my favorite xVision script. (XP11.41) and then after that...went up into the air...half over water, half over land...and then started putting together my custom ReShade 4.5.4 injections.  Wow...wow...wow!  So...quite XP-Happy!   Just wanted to let you know, that you can run both Shader modification programs side-by side, with each injecting with/alongside/or over the other.  FYI.

As I stated, Reshade is a must have. It should come standard with XP. 😀

Woooooooooooooow!

I LOVE THIS 50 !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This is what you should expect:

This is fascinating stuff.

Edited by DJJose

Clouds still kill performance, by the way, but at least it all happens on a much higher level in Vulkan (from 100 FPS to 50 or so).

And after some "operational" testing (i.e. no benchmarking vanilla XP) with add-ons, performance gains apprear much more modest. Oddly enough, OpenGL also is much smoother for me than Vulkan.

And the only add-on (not running anything esoteric like X-Vision or so) that I found not working at all is librain.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

38 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Clouds still kill performance, by the way, but at least it all happens on a much higher level in Vulkan (from 100 FPS to 50 or so).

And after some "operational" testing (i.e. no benchmarking vanilla XP) with add-ons, performance gains apprear much more modest. Oddly enough, OpenGL also is much smoother for me than Vulkan.

And the only add-on (not running anything esoteric like X-Vision or so) that I found not working at all is librain.

Well, basically none of the popular plug-ins are working for now. No traffic, weather, ect.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB