Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 9th, 2020 - Development Update

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

My profile isn't exactly the same as yours, but I also noticed an "!" showing up as well. That used to be the place where you could update your dxdiag.xml file I believe. I really hope that this means something and that we will be receiving our invites.

I've got the same look too, i think it just might be that they are no longer accepting updated dxdiag files... i hope i am wrong and you are right though!

• Upvote 1

There are special times which are announced in their weekly updates where they accept updated Dxdiag files and new applications. I recall the last one was three or four weeks ago and lasted for a week. I am pretty sure they will open a new Dxdiag update/acceptance week some time after the next group of testers were given access to the alpha.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I signed up early, I have a good gaming laptop (i7/1660TI), I have been using Flight Simulator since FS2, signed up as soon as they allowed it, and am a commercial pilot.

Still no invite, come on Microsoft, what does a man have to do to get into the alpha?! 🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looking at the Chicago screenshot, it is amazing how detailed and accurate that bridge (I think it is called the "Outer Drive Bridge") is modeled. If I recall correctly, initially they said that 400 objects in the world would be hand-modeled. So would this be one of them or can this be derived from photogrammetry data including the beams under the bridge's surface? Perhaps they found that the 400 hand-modeled objects is not really sufficient?

• Upvote 1

Siggy Schwarz

Mother of... that weather! That's all I want and a nice mid to long hauler.

• Upvote 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

6 hours ago, tweekz said:

Default scenery baby!

Postcard quality right there.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

According to Reddit, the majority of those being invited signed up for the Alpha around the September-November 2019 timeframe. However, all of them have 32GB RAM. If you meet these criteria, chances to receive an invite should be high.

I meet the criteria, signed up on day one when the Insider applications opened, sadly no invite yet.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Incredible set of GIFs! I don't care if study level aircraft will be doable or not, all the rest already makes it a super flight sim. Hopefully VR implementation will be one of the priorities.

• Like 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Really hope Track IR/VR gets added! This is shaping up to be such an amazing flight sim! The ultimate virtual vacation getaway from the comfort of your own home!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The weather in these screenshots/gifs looks awesome! Maybe it's just me, but it does seem a bit unrealistic with all those clouds moving up so rapidly and also the heavy rain visualisation effect from the clouds, don't you think?

2 hours ago, antney79 said:

Who does the invite come from?  Just want to make sure to check my spam with wishful hoping I get the invite during this quarantine time we are living through. 

Should be noreply@microsoftstudios.com according to a screenshot on Reddit, I haven't received an Alpha invitation so I can't confirm myself. If anyone else can do so, it would be much appreciated.

22 minutes ago, eaim said:

I meet the criteria, signed up on day one when the Insider applications opened, sadly no invite yet.

Thankfully it seems more invites are on the way.

It doesn't confirm the entire next week, but there should be more invites tonight, and then again on Monday (they don't send invites over the weekend).

I just noticed that the water in the following shot does not match up with the water in the satellite image.  So, I think this means that their water sources come from another source rather than Azure reading the underlying the satellite image. This should be fine for lakes, oceans, etc., but may be problematic with rivers that flood often as the below pic:

70732-B60-9-EB5-486-C-9100-ED5-A68-ECCC7

These may be the rare instances where manual intervention is required by ASOBO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This development update is the most exciting yet. The devil is always in the details when attempting to create an immersive experience, and despite the remaining issues, these preview images are beginning to show an impressive amount of polish. 

• Upvote 1