Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

P3D v5 prep how to move the add-ons?

3 hours ago, Alcides Segovia said:

Any ideas I could try?

Looks like you have SODE (or its simobjects) referenced twice. Check for duplicate packages.

1 hour ago, byork said:

Please wait for the official installers.

That is definitely the recommended course of action. SimObjects/Aircraft models and textures could have display problems, effects may not display properly and worst of all, many scenery products seem to have relied on the default scenery being just so - and now they no longer exclude things correctly.

I too recommend to only install products that have actually been tested and updated (and do not just use a new installer).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

13 hours ago, Alcides Segovia said:

Followed this process and now I am running into this issue. Seems to be the only problem so far. Any ideas I could try?

Annotation-2020-04-14-214326.png

I also have this but I still have V4 installed - I haven't moved any of the items it's mentioning over to the P3Dv5. I feel SODE is trying to load them somehow. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Hi,

I need help. I would like to migrate sceneries from .cfg to xml. How can I do with sceneries like EDDM or LFPG, CHHH and so more which have 2 or 3 layers. I would like to put them in one xml file.
Is this a good idea, and if yes, how can I manage this.

Thank's

Yves from ELLX

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

On 4/13/2020 at 11:37 AM, GSalden said:

😂😂😂😂😂

It's human nature, takes extreme self-discipline to ignore the urge!

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 4/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, MattGarner said:

I also have this but I still have V4 installed - I haven't moved any of the items it's mentioning over to the P3Dv5. I feel SODE is trying to load them somehow. 

I had this one happen for me for FSIMSTUDIOS MPTO and its easy to fix. You have to check the duplicates and rename the title= and that should fix the popup from happening. The Developer for scenery will need to patch that but tis expected that this is happening since V5 compatibility.

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

23 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

I've tried manually moving a few planes across such as the pmdg ones but not having much luck. Is there a tutorial detailing all the files I need to move etc anywhere?

Just temporary to rename your p3d v5 to v4 and reinstall PMDG.  Make sure they are not installed in V4 already.  Then rename p3d to v5 and you are good to gol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, diajohn said:

Just temporary to rename your p3d v5 to v4 and reinstall PMDG.  Make sure they are not installed in V4 already.  Then rename p3d to v5 and you are good to gol

Sorry which specific folder needs renaming? I opened  up where I installed P3D but I don't see any folder named p3d v5!

For the aerosoft crj I just reinstalled and pointed it at my p3d v5 location. I'm guessing that approach doesn't work for the PMDG?

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

On 4/16/2020 at 8:52 AM, yvesamuel said:

Hi,

I need help. I would like to migrate sceneries from .cfg to xml. How can I do with sceneries like EDDM or LFPG, CHHH and so more which have 2 or 3 layers. I would like to put them in one xml file.
Is this a good idea, and if yes, how can I manage this.

Thank's

Yves from ELLX

There is absolutely no need to do this if your sceneries have been designed to work this way and if they are working properly.

In case you really need to do it, it's not necessary to create .xml files. Just remove their entries from scenery.cfg and add them into add-ons.cfg (increasing each item number as we increase liveries numbers into aircraft.cfg). I'm assuming you know how to edit those files and of course you're supposed to backup them first.

After that, use Addon Organizer by Lorby-SI to put in the corret priority order the new entries, moving them higher or lower into the library

8 hours ago, james008 said:

I'm assuming you know how to edit those files and of course you're supposed to backup them first.

After that, use Addon Organizer by Lorby-SI to put in the corret priority order the new entries, moving them higher or lower into the library

No, don't write XML files yourself. Use P4AO right away. You can transfer scenery between .cfg and add-on.xml files at the push of a button.

An add-on.xml file can hold multiple components, even different kinds. That is why they are called addon "packages".

Best regards

LORBY-SI

On 4/13/2020 at 10:08 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. Are you sure that it isn't pointing at an LVFR folder inside the P3D location? Can you please send me a PM here with the contents of that file? I would very much like to take a look at it. (I have installed the LVFR KFLL externally, so I don't know what their add-on.xml looks like)

Best regards

Sorry you are right, all folders (textures, scenery etc..) are indeed inside the LatinVFR folder.

However I thought the idea is to keep everything outside the main P3D folder so once we install another version we can delete the whole P3D main folder, otherwise we need to start moving folders from the older main P3D folder to the newer one.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

7 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

No, don't write XML files yourself. Use P4AO right away. You can transfer scenery between .cfg and add-on.xml files at the push of a button.

An add-on.xml file can hold multiple components, even different kinds. That is why they are called addon "packages".

Best regards

I didn't mention write XML files, I was talking about editing add-ons.cfg file, entering something like this:

[Package.xx]
PATH=D:\P3D Addon Scenery\Paulo Ricardo\Mega Rio de Janeiro X 2019
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

The .xml file must be previously generated (by the developer or by your software) and located into the path above.

9 hours ago, james008 said:

I didn't mention write XML files, I was talking about editing add-ons.cfg file, entering something like this:

[Package.xx]
PATH=D:\P3D Addon Scenery\Paulo Ricardo\Mega Rio de Janeiro X 2019
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

The .xml file must be previously generated (by the developer or by your software) and located into the path above.

You don't have to edit those either, the P4AO app will do that for you too.

The add-ons.cfg in AppData\Local is fully managed by the simulator, there is no point in editing it. P3D finds the add-on.xmls on the default discovery path automatically and stores them in here.

The add-ons.cfg in ProgramData should only be accessed using the P3D CLI

Reference: Learning Center -> SDK -> Add-ons

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

On 4/18/2020 at 12:27 AM, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Sorry which specific folder needs renaming? I opened  up where I installed P3D but I don't see any folder named p3d v5!

For the aerosoft crj I just reinstalled and pointed it at my p3d v5 location. I'm guessing that approach doesn't work for the PMDG?

Wherever v5 installed,  program files/Lockheed Martin, p3dv5