Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

P3Dv5 - who will be the first?

28 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Wow....that I did really not expected. 

ok I don't want to start the discussion from the beginning again but I have expressed these concerns often (because of the P3D v5 videos) and in other forums and can even refer to the threats here, but I'll leave it alone - and was very attacked and other users too - and it was misunderstood because I was looking forward to the P3D v5 - and now I absolutely don't want to draw any comparisons again, but for my part I stick to P3D 4.5 (at the moment), XP11 and MS Flight Simulator Alpha !
but thank you for the findings !

cheers und BR ! 

Edited by AUA425
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Can someone install Orbx Global outside the sim root with the latest Orbx Central (you have to be in Fastlane)

Compatible products are https://orbxdirect.com/prepar3d-v5

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

If i can start adding my 3rd party add on with official installers and the performance can maintain what i see in this vanilla install that will be great, if the the performance drops as the addons are installed then this may be the last P3D for me, but early days i live in hope, its far to early to be overly critical    

• Like 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

@Steve_Ellis

I found the issue screwing up the colors, it was related to the box "Enhanced Atmospherics (Beta).

As soon as I turned that off I have to admit that the colors are much better and it can be adjusted.

So on my PC that was the issue having everything washed out like that. One item fixed.

• Like 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

5 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

If i can start adding my 3rd party add on with official installers and the performance can maintain what i see in this vanilla install that will be great, if the the performance drops as the addons are installed then this may be the last P3D for me, but early days i live in hope, its far to early to be overly critical    

I'm in the same boat as you. Please let me know your overall experience after you get yours done. This is going to be my last chance and hope. If not I'm gonna use X-Plane until MSFS2020 comes.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm going to ask this question 10 times.

Any stutters at payware airports or loading AG in tiles in the horizon?

Thanks.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 minutes ago, killthespam said:

@Steve_Ellis

I found the issue screwing up the colors, it was related to the box "Enhanced Atmospherics (Beta).

As soon as I turned that off I have to admit that the colors are much better and it can be adjusted.

So on my PC that was the issue having everything washed out like that. One item fixed.

Cheers for that, well I have got 1.6 gb left on download. So have you turned one of the new features off in essence ??

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Just tested the new P3Dv5 and I find it MUCH, MUCH better than P3Dv4. The smoothness and FPS are very good on my i9 9900KS @5.1 on 8 cores.

• Like 1

duplicate

Edited by joepoway

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, vv1918 said:

Just tested the new P3Dv5 and I find it MUCH, MUCH better than P3Dv4. The smoothness and FPS are very good on my i9 9900KS @5.1 on 8 cores.

Did you install P3Dv5 on the same system you had P3dv4.5 or did you do a clean install with no presence of P3Dv4.5?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Is it any good or not? Screen shots, please!

Edited by rocketlaunch

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

19 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Cheers for that, well I have got 1.6 gb left on download. So have you turned one of the new features off in essence ??

Yes, Enhanced Atmospherics (Beta).

The other issue brought from V4.0 onward regarding ground texture loading in patches (squares) at distance is not fixed. To hide that, like in V4.5 you have to create a haze condition (restrict visibility to 30 NM).

For some reason you still notice auto-gen pop in the far distance unless you hide it with haze conditions or I will try again with Tomato-shade. This the deal barker for me, I said that I wouldn't buy it but I did, I was hoping.......

I forgot, sloped rwys need lots of work.

Edited by killthespam
Sloped rwy
  • Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

18 minutes ago, vv1918 said:

"Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"  From a guy not yet in the downloading Fray...! 🙂

Another VR issue:  When in VR the cockpit image moves/warps as you move your head.  

Danny

Danny