Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 16th, 2020 - Development Update

First congratulations to @simtom ! Tom, now that you belong to the elite you can spill the beans, all the beans, nobody can touch you anymore 😋

A nice and large sample of telling pics ! 

The worst first.  OperatorLand468's  Neo in red clouds shot : bad shapes, excessive red tint, the clouds are awful. In PundaPC's the Neo banking in the clouds, they again look very unnatural. StratosFeerick's is the most ridiculous. I cope in everyday life with a poor eyesight. I do not find a blurry pic so cute. What's next, an all-black shot taken by a blind person  😎 ?   

The good. WildestHawk4431's is interesting. Some, in this thread, call the airport "bland", I will say give me bland anyday if this is a generic airport building ! and @n4gix, look carefully, passengers won't have to jump from the jetway to the cabin ! Good for them hey ?

The excellent  now : The atmospheric light is always very well rendered. LeadoffJoker47's , DampfGepard9514 (Athens !) and FreakDragonfly5  show how good it is  when the sun is low. The sick yellow implementation of trueSKY by the P3D team is very poor in comparison. Batlle777's Hong Kong overcast is a case in point of a subtle light rendering. 

Again, I like the fact that the team shows us a wide variety of pics, even when the sim doesn't look at its best.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

OperatorLand468 seems to use fraps to look at his FPS.

Does it mean MSFS doesn't feature an FPS indicator? (like XPlane)

It would be a shame the only 3rd party addon we will really need, will be for that :)) 

Edited by Noooch

The new image from the center console from pilotskcx seems to be taken from the hangar. It seems like you can inspect freely the aircraft while there, as well as set views.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noooch said:

OperatorLand468 seems to use fraps to look at his FPS.

Does it mean MSFS doesn't feature an FPS indicator? (like XPlane)

It would be a shame the only 3rd party addon we will really need, will be for that :)) 

MSFS could probably make use of Steam's FPS indicator (if it is going to be released through Steam).

FPS indicators are not a holy grail though. They can be very satisfying if your framerates are going through the roof but can also disturb an otherwise perfect experience. Especially with simulators, low framerates might not be a problem as long as there are no hickups.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

8 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

982c91f69fecec5922fea83424353daf253bdb4a

Is this some kind of choreography? Wonder how it looks like with the music on.

If not, we are in for some complaining about synced animations I guess! 😄

• Like 5

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, NZ255 said:

Very interesting, that page talks about 49 other languages, which is great, but I wonder whether it would also allow English with 49 different accents for ATC?

• Upvote 2

Siggy Schwarz

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

MSFS could probably make use of Steam's FPS indicator (if it is going to be released through Steam).

FPS indicators are not a holy grail though. They can be very satisfying if your framerates are going through the roof but can also disturb an otherwise perfect experience. Especially with simulators, low framerates might not be a problem as long as there are no hickups.

I slightly disagree, in-game FPS indicator are extremely useful when you start to adjust parameters to achieve the subtle best graphics/FPS ratio. The minor fps changes are difficult to notice with the eyes only, but can make a great difference for the immersion feeling when you orbit between 25-40 FPS.

You gain precious time and you get rid of some headache trying every combination possible. This is certainly a simple tool Asobo already owns in their development tools and I think making it part of the released builds would be a great value for everyone.

Edited by Noooch

8 hours ago, aleex said:

@ChaoticBeauty They have added a lot of new awesome screenshots at the bottom

Thanks for the heads-up, sadly I went to sleep after the update was posted and I cannot edit the post anymore. Seems a bit restrictive, it's not even 12 hours after the post was made...

8 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Nice update... but no pics of the Airbus "glass" ?! Though the pedestal looks great!

if you like, there are other amazing screenshots there too - partly the cockpit is shown - just scroll through (and there's only part of it) !!  

link: https://www.flightsimulator.com/

cheers !

Edited by AUA425

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

12 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Thanks for the heads-up, sadly I went to sleep after the update was posted and I cannot edit the post anymore. Seems a bit restrictive, it's not even 12 hours after the post was made...

Oh, I forgot that thing from avsim... Hope a mod can modify it. 

Flightsim_16.jpg

This is what GA flying feels like. It almost seems like you can smell the grass outside. ❤️

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

"I slightly disagree, in-game FPS indicator are extremely useful "

And I more than slightly disagree with you 🙂 In all the time I have used flightsims, I have NEVER, and I'm not kidding, used in game FPS monitor. I don't care if it says 15 or 75 or whatever, as long as my sim is fluent and without stutters. I adjust my settings up or down untill I get it and so it doesn't matter what an fps counter says.

• Like 4

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

3 minutes ago, jlund said:

"I slightly disagree, in-game FPS indicator are extremely useful "

And I more than slightly disagree with you 🙂 In all the time I have used flightsims, I have NEVER, and I'm not kidding, used in game FPS monitor. I don't care if it says 15 or 75 or whatever, as long as my sim is fluent and without stutters. I adjust my settings up or down untill I get it and so it doesn't matter what an fps counter says.

Oh it does, because if you test your settings in a rural environment and you get a fluent experience  (at 45fps or so) when you will fly over a city you will have to PAUSE the sim to lower your settings (immersion breaker).

But if you know you are at 60 -70 fps a rural environment from the beginning you can safely assume you will have a descent experience pretty much anywhere. So you do this work once and for all.

But of course you are allowed to disagree with what I just said 🙂

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, mp15 said:

the nearby plane has the wheels half sinked in the ground.

the interaction between wheels and ground , particularly geometry, as well as deflections are very important factors in a flight game, how come are we still seeing this basic errors ? 

6 hours ago, Doug47 said:

My Sparks? Is that you? 💩

mp15 is correct, that is a basic error and it needs to be fixed. Good thing this is still ALPHA:smile:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1