Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

P3D v5 CTD's

Same problem here, CTD to desktop if I try to access any of the in game menus, never had this issue with 4.5

I get CTDs for no visible reason over ORBX PNW / SeattleX (DD) during flights at specific locations. I also get CTDs when I change settings or time.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

No CTD's here whatsoever...but let's be patient till next week.... Fix is on the way.

Alex 

On 4/19/2020 at 11:15 AM, Stratocruiser1 said:

I had CTD when trying to use any of the tabs in the top menu bar. Found bad install of new FSUIPC6. Deleted that and did a new install of it and problem solved.

I posted the above cure I found with my system and has been working since with no problem.

No menu issues for me... but:

I've tracked my CTD's to  individual ORBX scenery files that has features like moving trees, moving grasses or extended foliage/object in general.
Two examples are 2S1 Vashon Island Airport & 2W3 Swanson Airport
I'm now painstakingly adding a scenery..  if a CTD happens as I fly an approach to that scenery I scale back the "extras" in that scenery via ORBX Central then test again.

Bottom line for me... Orbx scenery loads and generally works with V5.... but not every scenery is completely compatible with V5.

D-Man

Edited by D-man

Same here, I can definitely trace the crashes to OrbX "Flow" modules, although OrbX themselves deny there's a problem.

Either way, the hotfix should hopefully make it a moot point.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Just now, AdvancedFollower said:

Same here, I can definitely trace the crashes to OrbX "Flow" modules, although OrbX themselves deny there's a problem.

Either way, the hotfix should hopefully make it a moot point.

Ojectflow was updated yesterday. I'm not sure if that will help, but it's worth a try.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

After disabling the new atmospheric effects, Only crash I have now is the ‘device hung’ one, which only seems to occur when using the ATC menu, at least for me. It doesn’t happen all the time, but it’s often, so I’ve just started to avoid the ATC menu for now.

Edited by Tuskin38

I am see a freeze up whenever I change the Date/Season option when in game with a AI Traffic bgl file loaded.  It will freeze up when reloading at 77%.   This is using AIG AI trafffic but it will also happen if I do not use their traffic and use the LM default traffic.   Only way out is to use the Task Manager to force closure of app.

Also, have noticed many times if I change the preset time preview to a different time of day I will see dramatic drops in FPS.  Example, Las Vegas will be at 50-60 FPS then drop to single digits and remain even if I cancel or accept the new time.   This again only happens if I have an aircraft  Traffic.bgl file loaded.  Did a test with just one traffic.bgl and one model as to ensure no heavy impact due to too much traffic.  Wham... same thing. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

On 4/18/2020 at 9:28 AM, regis9 said:

After several very stable flights using no weather engine I tried pointing the Rex Sky Force engine at p3dv5 and had two flights end in p3d.  One was a kernelbase.dll crash and the other was something I hadn’t seen before...maybe utilities.dll?  After the second one I tried without Rex weather and successfully completed a flight.  
Keep in mind this is a small sample size so not definitive of course but it’s what I can contribute so far.

I can say I've had similar experience with Rex Sky Force causing a Kernelbase CTD. I was using FT E175 from EYW to MIA (using LatinVFR for EYW and MIA, DZD Miami X.  I had no issues with the flight until I landed and thought I'd run Rex SF.

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

On 4/18/2020 at 9:28 AM, regis9 said:

After several very stable flights using no weather engine I tried pointing the Rex Sky Force engine at p3dv5 and had two flights end in p3d.  One was a kernelbase.dll crash and the other was something I hadn’t seen before...maybe utilities.dll?  After the second one I tried without Rex weather and successfully completed a flight.  
Keep in mind this is a small sample size so not definitive of course but it’s what I can contribute so far.

I can say I've had similar experience with Rex Sky Force causing a Kernelbase CTD. I was using FT E175 from EYW to MIA (using LatinVFR for EYW and MIA, DZD Miami X.  I had no issues with the flight until I landed and thought I'd run Rex SF.

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

One thing I did was ensure that all of my user accounts have full access to the Rex sky force directory...in my experience a lot of kernalbase errors stem from a permissions issue.  I’ve only done one flight with sky force since but didn’t have a crash...more testing needed to see if that was the fix.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 4/26/2020 at 1:07 PM, DJJose said:

Ojectflow was updated yesterday. I'm not sure if that will help, but it's worth a try.

Still occasional crashes. It can work fine for several flights but if you happen to approach some airports like S43 at some specific trajectory and speed, it still triggers CTD's. I guess I could turn off components and graphics settings until it stops crashing but I'll just wait until the actual underlying issue is fixed instead.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I had one yesterday clicking on the shift-1 pop up screen on the Flysimware falcon.  Will try again tonight.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I also experienced a lot of CTD's in P3D v5 (which never occured to me in P3D v4) and finally those are gone after I deinstalled ORBX Object Flow. Until now I do not see any difference e. g. why ORBX Object Flow is needed anyway......

In the beginning I also had problems with MSI Afterburner but after updating to its latest BETA version it works without any problems in v5.