Sign in to follow this  
captain420

QualityWings 787 in P3D v5

Has anyone here manage to get it working? It's being reported that its fully compatible on fselite's site, but for some reason mine isn't showing up. I had it installed previously in P3D v4 via add-on.xml and tried to bring that over but no go.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Has anyone here manage to get it working? It's being reported that its fully compatible on fselite's site, but for some reason mine isn't showing up. I had it installed previously in P3D v4 via add-on.xml and tried to bring that over but no go.

During the installation process all I did was point it to my P3D v5 installation folder. 

That's what probably caused it not to work for me. I pointed it to my external folder where I keep all my p3d add-ons. Because I didn't want anything installed inside of my root P3D v5 folder. Has anyone managed to get the plane working this way? I really hate to have a fresh install of P3D v5 to have my add-ons being installed inside the main P3D folder. I want to do things right this time.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I could imstall it. But the dynamic lights and internall truelights need rework. The dynamic lights are way to bright. And the truelight or reallight how it is called isnt working at all. Dark at night.

So I would not assume it is compatible  

The one who confirmed it was a user if I recall correct.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm sorta amazed how this Dev. has made no statements regarding the HF or v5.  Just wow and disappointing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

3 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I'm sorta amazed how this Dev. has made no statements regarding the HF or v5.  Just wow and disappointing. 

But it doesnt mean they are not working on it. It is intransparent for sure. Would be better to inform your customers.

I am a little concerned abiut this dynqmic light changes LM made. They affect a lot of sceneries and planes I tested

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I got excited when I saw the topic listed, word not allowed. 

14ppkc-6.png

QW has answered this in their support forum.  They are working on it as you would expect.

I'm only speaking for myself and not QW.  I write apps (not for simulation) and I have a support system.  It always amazes me when people post on something other than my support system that they are disappointed I haven't addressed an issue when in fact I have.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, scottsware said:

QW has answered this in their support forum.  They are working on it as you would expect.

I'm only speaking for myself and not QW.  I write apps (not for simulation) and I have a support system.  It always amazes me when people post on something other than my support system that they are disappointed I haven't addressed an issue when in fact I have.

Ii am just waiting patiently for their message and their release. No hurry at all. There is so much to update the devs should have time. I hoped they would post a message on their normal page. But it is ok for me. 😉

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

25 minutes ago, scottsware said:

I never made the assumption they were NOT working on something/"issues".  What I am saying is that either way, they have not communicated their intent with a quick official statement.

Simply, "We know HF and v5 are out and we are/are not working on compatibility."  That's it.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

18 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I never made the assumption they were NOT working on something/"issues".  What I am saying is that either way, they have not communicated their intent with a quick official statement.

Simply, "We know HF and v5 are out and we are/are not working on compatibility."  That's it.

No hard feelings. We are all waiting for such a nice 787......and as we are simmers....we are a little unpatient.....its all in the blood 😉

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

How did you guys even get it working? In my case P3D v5 just CTDs when I try to fly the 787. Some people got it working, other people gets a CTD.

Working for me EXCEPT MCP lighting no work.

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

Anyone know how to add GSX into v5?

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Anyone know how to add GSX into v5?

download the installer.  It's on their website and V5 specific instructions in the forum there.  

Does anybody know if QW will push out a V5 757?

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next