Sign in to follow this  
JakeWilkinson2974

How do i fix pixelated panels?? - P3D V5

The other day i bought P3D V5 and upgraded from FSX:SE. However, in P3D, when i put panel lights on in my Justflight c152 the instruments become very pixelated and in other aircraft where there is a glass cockpit, the displays are very pixelated. These problems never happened in FSX and i'm wondering if anyone can point me towards a setting or give me some other advise to improve this. I have tried to find a setting but haven't been able to.

Thanks to anyone who can help and i hope to get a response soon.

ei6OFql.jpgSame problem, coming from v4 to v5 big part of default planes (havent tested third party yet) have pixelated gauges. 

One which is completely alright is albeo extra 300s but majority of planes are unflyable. I can't even read comm frequencies in Mooney.

I spent yesterday all day changing settings without luck.

Rest of the panel/textures are spot on it just gauges itself and lack of fps on them too.. Sim goes at 60-70fps and gauges are roughly 1-2fps.

Edited by intheshadow
pictures attached
  • Like 1

Has anyone managed to fix this low res panel issue? I posted on the P3D forum but no response. The panel.cfg files show the same resolution in both v4 and v5, but they are displayed differently. Is this problem limited to only a few users?

Same issue with the F-22. Cockpit buttons are blurry unless I set texture resolution to anything higher than 1024, which I can't do because of Vram limitations. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I had the same issue with all my 3rd party planes. Could solve it by deleting all the generated files with the .exe file in the main P3D folder. 

Be aware that you'll loose all addons and scenery. One of the addons is the reason for the blurry panels but I could'nt find which one. Just added all my airports and planes again in the addon and scenery cfg. Displays are crisp now.

• Upvote 1

It may or may not be the same issue but have a look here:

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

@onurair Thank you for the solution! Unfortunate that it is so drastic. Looks like I have no choice if I want to get my A2A Comanche gps back. I can only assume it was installation of a Carenado aircraft that caused the problem. If I find the culprit I'll post back.

Thanks to all for your helpful input.

Happens also with PMDG 777, 747 and 737. This is probably a DirectX 11 to 12 issue, font-related.

EDIT: After reading the "GPS Fuzzy" thread, it appears to be another issue, i'll try to fix it manually 🙂

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I've posted a possible solution in the aforementioned thread.

This is the solution which is making more sense to me: increase the pixel resolution of the texture displaying in the VC.

However, I've also compared the same aircraft panel both in P3D5 and P3D4 (namely the defunct P3D B58) and both show the same resolution with the same pixel_size setting. If non-stock aircraft are displaying higher resolution in P3D4 than in P3D5 the problem must be elsewhere. 

A couple ideas:

• P3D4 had a bug which was doubling the pixel resolution from the one set in the panel.cfg file.
  • Vendors are using a technique to model their polys, onto which the VC texture is displaying, in such a way that P3D4 used to double the pixel resolution from the one set in the panel.cfg file.
  • I'm wrong and thought seeing the same resolution between P3D4 and P3D5, thus I'm assuming wrongly there is no problem with the default B58 and jump to false conclusions!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I did follow your suggestion and doubled the pixel sizes in the panel.cfg for the Carenado King Air. It improved the image slightly, but didn't change the problem with the gps image (presumably the default gps) and I don't want to do it for all aircraft. It does seem that in my case installing something has altered the way in which glass gauges are displayed. The gps in the  AC-11 included with v5 shows the same issue, so I'm assuming it's a systemic problem. I'll try Onurair's solution to return settings to default - uninstalling and reinstalling the client and content didn't fix it. It's the price for rushing in with too many add-ons - but I'm an experimentalist!! 

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

oh cheers mate.

This sorted the problem out on gauges too. I wonder what LM beta testers doing in their time.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

This actually help a lot. It didn't completely solve the issue though. I feel like it could still be much better. Also it's a bit of an annoying solution as i'll have to do it for every aircraft and test it for every aircraft.

Cheers again to a Jean-Luc for the solution 

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU