Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

16 minutes ago, mvanoverdijk said:

If you had purchased it and tried it I would understand you (and others) opinions a lot more, but until then....

Your general premise here is true, but I don't need to own it to think $100 is way too much for a product in beta with only one aircraft and one engine variant or that $40 for a second set of engines is far from reasonable. Most if not all people here have also purchased their products in the past so have some experience with them. I also notice that the way they are handling the situation right now isn't exactly encouraging either. The wide-spread criticism here and beyond this forum is entirely understandable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Reader said:

You seem to be replying to a reply to something I wrote🤨

No I was replying directly to you about a question you posed about the authors of said posts.  I just didn’t bother with quoting you and instead tagged you.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

41 minutes ago, mvanoverdijk said:

Am I blind or is this about the 767?

Also why did you buy the PMDG 777 and the CS 777? It's very clear on their website the 777 is just a port and some new shiny things not an entirely new product unlike the 75/76

If you had purchased it and tried it I would understand you (and others) opinions a lot more, but until then....

I didnt buy the PMDG 777.  I had already took a second mortgage to buy their 744/748 for P3dv4.

• Like 3

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

I didnt buy the PMDG 777.  I had already took a second mortgage to buy their 744/748 for P3dv4.

Hey, rates are pretty good now...you should consider refinancing!  🤪

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

It's almost like I need to microwave some popcorn to watch this ongoing saga!

• Like 1

nothing causes a larger spasm in the body avsim than a cs release, the dude who sells the shader mod and begs for $, and peter tishma. 

personally, p3dv4 cs757 on sale was a good deal, decent sim.  night lighting is out of date but looks much better by simply deleting a bunch of  bad light map files.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

31 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

night lighting is out of date but looks much better by simply deleting a bunch of  bad light map files.  

How so?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

How so?

create a new folder under the night dir

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200-III_PW2037\texture\night\New folder

and move all cs757*LM.dds and cs757_C_shad_LM.dds (total 22 items) from the night dir into that new folder so it will not be used.  

only the panels will be lit in the vc, not everything else.

• Like 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

5 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

and peter tishma.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha ha ha

Papa Tango - Lauda Air - American - the Lauda Air CRJ sponsored by FO Daniela Weinbacher, this came with a free pen! Not to mention Ariane Design

These are fighting words on Avsim!!!!

14 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Do you mean the ones who produced the Antonov An-2?

Flightbeam = No Brainer. Fortunately there are many more like them.

I remember now: I was referring to Project Tupolev. I don't think they ported the plane over to P3D

http://protu-154.org/index_e.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Papa Tango - Lauda Air - American - the Lauda Air CRJ sponsored by FO Daniela Weinbacher, this came with a free pen!..

Was that for FS98? I used to have a few papa tango products - Good looking ring binders with real bits of paper in them etc. :happy:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

More seemingly disgruntled CS customers.....just trying to get a straight answer from CS (good luck).

xJNcKc.jpg

Some of my favorite lines:

"All you're doing is ruining your reputation with your customer base".....To me it seems they're only solidifying their reputation with not only their customers, but the whole flightsim community based on comments I've seen just about everywhere about the 767 release. 

"Then why wouldn't we pay 30% of the price then?"  Stellar logic!  LoL....CS Seemed to shoot themselves in their foot with that flippant comment.

"Trust me I love the 767" This is my biggest issue. This guy has the 767 and loves it...That is great.  All he wants now from the developer he paid $99.76 for that happiness is to get a roadmap of what's next for his purchase.  He's pointing out (in case CS forgot) that this is NOT a "future release"...it is live, and they are receiving real, live money for it.  CS "should" have a fiduciary duty at this point to its "customers" to act as we know a developer should who just received $99.76 for a beta of their product.  As much as folks here think I'm bashing the 767...trust me I'm not.  I'm pointing out that CS doesn't seem to be operating as a developer vested in nurturing a good customer relationship...how would describe the reply by CS when they're asked why they selected the PW engine as the included variant?  "About 30% of the 767 #1 operator (Delta) fleet are PW4060"  If you were considering making only a 1-model 767, wouldn't you want to build the one that 70% of the fleet had?

Read the full comments from just these 2 customers and see if you can sense the utter frustration and aggravation they must feel in dealing with the developer they paid $99.76 for the privilege to be in the beta club for.

Remember all this commentary from CS customers is BEHIND the wall that no potential customer can see (unless they happen to own a CS product).  CS moved it there just after release because the KNEW they'd be roasted by new 767 customers beta testers when they continued they're well known and documented antics.

And if you're scratching your head as to why they released the most unpopular engine variant with the $99.76 beta, you can see here that the customer in the middle post pretty quickly figured it out (probably because he bought their 757 and really wanted RR engines and discovered he had to hand over another $40 to get it)

Eao85q.jpg

Shaking my head that our community will continue to support this company because they are so desperate to fly a 767, 757 in P3dV4...sadly CS knows this and completely capitalizes on it (I can't fault them for that though, its business and all the other devs decided not to build one....basically giving CS the keys to the castle and letting them monopolize the market.)  And as we can plainly see, they play this game well as some simmers are...for lack of a better word, weak when it comes to resisting the urge to fly a particular model and are willing to actually pay $99.76 for a 1-model beta to a company they know is not the most reputable.

Again, if you have the 767, love it with no complaints, I'm happy for you.  I really am.  My posts are not trying to convince you of anything you've not already decided about, rather to give "transparency" to unsuspecting simmers who may not be aware of what actually goes on behind the CS curtain.  When they see ALL the info, not just what CS wants them to see...then they will be able to form their own opinion and make their purchase decisions accordingly.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Why do you keep pursuing CS?

We know they didn't change a bit their attitude and even i who likes their products (for the right price, not this ridiculous 767 episode) have switched my mind towards a more defensive position regarding them.

They're a sad bunch, leave them be, the community has spoken and there's nothing else to add here. Sad sad sad business decisions, ridiculous pricing with only "good" quality addons have dictated their fate. Goodbye CS, see you next sub-$30 sale.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11