Sign in to follow this  
kttd

Tropical Sim

no experience with TropicalSim for FSX, no idea about quality.

https://secure.simmarket.com/tropicalsim-caribbean-15-airport-fsx-pack.phtml

I have their KMCI for FS9 as well as the FSX/P3D version and it's well done. From the pictures, it looks like that collection is their older versions. Their newer versions of those airports sold individually look much better.

Edited by AlaskanFlyboy
  • Like 1

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

The newer sceneries from them are pretty good, I think. BUT, the scenery packs are much older sceneries, so I'd be careful you looked at the pictures first.

Now, if they'd bundle up some of their recent offerings, I'd pay for that.

I have quite a bit of TS and generally like it (STILL waiting on KABQ)- but as pointed out this bundle is about 8 years old and I am pretty sure it does not include the latest version of many of the ones that have been updated.

Joe Lorenc

Anyone tried them in P3Dv5 yet?

Ian S

38.jpg

Do they Update their products to P3Dv4 at least?  Just had a look at their website which is so obscure with any Update information, or has a background designed to make it difficult to read at best!

I have their SBGR, SBGL, SAEZ but they are all past their 'See-By-Dates' for FS9/FSX. I don't see anything Updated to P3Dv4, or at least my simMarket is not notifying that there are Updates available.

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Do they Update their products to P3Dv4 at least?  Just had a look at their website which is so obscure with any Update information, or has a background designed to make it difficult to read at best!

I have their SBGR, SBGL, SAEZ but they are all past their 'See-By-Dates' for FS9/FSX. I don't see anything Updated to P3Dv4, or at least my simMarket is not notifying that there are Updates available.

KMCI works perfectly in P3Dv4. Their site is currently in maintenance but if you look at their offerings on SimMarket, it specifies if they are P3Dv4 compatible in the requirements.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

3 hours ago, vc10man said:

All these 3 were upgraded to v4 but with around a 10 euro upgrade cost, you can look them up on Simmarket

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

1 hour ago, AlaskanFlyboy said:

KMCI works perfectly in P3Dv4. Their site is currently in maintenance but if you look at their offerings on SimMarket, it specifies if they are P3Dv4 compatible in the requirements.

Yes, I am aware of KMCI, as I got it specifically for P3Dv4, but the others I had bought during the FSX days, now long gone.

49 minutes ago, Shomron said:

All these 3 were upgraded to v4 but with around a 10 euro upgrade cost, you can look them up on Simmarket

I don't mind paying that. It's just that simMarket who are usually on the button when it comes to notifying about Updates/Upgrades, have not clearly done so, but I'll mosey over.

EDIT: Just bought SAEZ but SBGR and SBGL not available for Upgrades but have installed then via AOM

Edited by vc10man
Added

14 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Yes, I am aware of KMCI, as I got it specifically for P3Dv4, but the others I had bought during the FSX days, now long gone.

I don't mind paying that. It's just that simMarket who are usually on the button when it comes to notifying about Updates/Upgrades, have not clearly done so, but I'll mosey over.

They won't notify you if the file under your account was not updated. In this case it was a new release requiring a new purchase.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

1 minute ago, Shomron said:

They won't notify you if the file under your account was not updated. In this case it was a new release requiring a new purchase.

Yeah, just got that SAEZ for a EUR15.48 Upgrade

17 hours ago, Joe L said:

(STILL waiting on KABQ)

I do not think TS or any software developer will do that considering the fact there is freeware but high payware quality KABQ scenery available by payware Simwest company.

Regards,

Aharin

signCopy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Aharon said:

I do not think TS or any software developer will do that considering the fact there is freeware but high payware quality KABQ scenery available by payware Simwest company.

Regards,

Aharin

But they were showing off previews and implying on the forum it's the next one to be released...

Shom