ca_metal

April 23rd, 2020 Development Update

10 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Screenshot-2597.jpg

Definitely this one. 

Default sim. wow. 😄

Speed breaks up?

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

17 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

They should have only the latest development update appear on the front page, and have the rest on a list to the left of the page (there is lots of unused space on the sides) so that you don't have to keep going back if you want to find an older one.

Alternatively, they could put, at last, a pro in charge to design and maintain a working and user-friendly site. We are talking Microsoft here. Not only a cat wouldn’t find its kitten in this site but it is not even loading half the time.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Alternatively, they could put, at last, a pro in charge to design and maintain a working and user-friendly site. We are talking Microsoft here. Not only a cat wouldn’t find its kitten in this site but it is not even loading half the time.

Agreed. Much more of an issue for a newcomer to the franchise who might want to find out some quick information and is instead greeted with a slow-loading site, information that wouldn't make sense to anyone not following the development updates from the start, and tons of Alpha screenshot. The FAQ and Media tabs need to be overhauled, and there should be a Features tab to highlight what's new with the simulator and reaffirm the expected 2020 release date.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

As an FsX user, who was late to the party for p3d...was about to dip my toe in the p3d pool....then MS announced this new sim...

I've been in a holding pattern for a long time..

And I’m prepared to hold longer...it’s clearly gonna be worth the wait, just look at it! Amazballs! Or what! 🤯 Seriously excited like a 5 yr old 😄

man I can’t wait ! 🥳

• Like 1

Luke Pype

None of you have noticed in the pic by tomlaut1980, with the caravan flying over the forested hills/mountains there is a very poor implementation of something like a freeway, (double tracked road) that is hugging itself a bit too much to the terrain, its too bright, and looks ugly, just like some of the roads in fsx looked.

Not good really, noticed the same effect in some other pics from the past.....wonder if asobo/microsoft could just do a bit of tweaking with that, to iron out the bumps?

Screen-Shot-04-22-20-at-10.54-PM-2048x1152.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, seamaster55 said:

None of you have noticed in the pic by tomlaut1980, with the caravan flying over the forested hills/mountains there is a very poor implementation of something like a freeway, (double tracked road) that is hugging itself a bit too much to the terrain, its too bright, and looks ugly, just like some of the roads in fsx looked.

Not good really, noticed the same effect in some other pics from the past.....wonder if asobo/microsoft could just do a bit of tweaking with that, to iron out the bumps?

Oh, I thought it was a river at first glance, it looked reflective. As they already said, it is not their intention to correct errors across the globe, but instead keep training the AI so that it does a better job with the data it's given (and satellite imagery will improve over time). For now, this should be something that scenery add-ons can take care of.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ArchStanton said:

I noticed this too. Due to the tree reflections this could be water. But it looks strange.

I think it‘s a weird looking river as well.

43 minutes ago, ArchStanton said:

Maybe we get a hint from @Shack95  for the location.

I‘ll do my best. But this one won’t be easy to find. It could be somewhere in the western Amazon region but that‘s just a spontaneous guess. 

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, seamaster55 said:

None of you have noticed in the pic by tomlaut1980, with the caravan flying over the forested hills/mountains there is a very poor implementation of something like a freeway,

I noticed it too, but thought it was supposed to be a river. Anyway, there are probably lots of glitches like these in the sim. I expect these roads/rivers/whatever are automatically created based on the sattelite data they have and correcting them manually is probably a huge task. I expect, hope at least that the developers have noticed this particular glitch by now and are trying to improve the process in order to solve them all.

It's actually a good thing Microsoft is showing these. It means that they are not showing us just pretty pictures.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Pretty sure they are running Wordpress, or a headless version. Probably an image compression plugin causing issues.

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

As they already said, it is not their intention to correct errors across the globe, but instead keep training the AI so that it does a better job with the data it's given (and satellite imagery will improve over time).

I also thought it was a river, but aside from that, when or where did they say this?

3 hours ago, seamaster55 said:

99% sure that's a river with weird reflections or autogen misplacement

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

42 minutes ago, badderjet said:

I also thought it was a river, but aside from that, when or where did they say this?

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/30/20885197/microsoft-flight-simulator-bing-maps-hands-on-demo

But, setting a course for the Giza pyramid complex on the horizon, I noticed something unusual on the ground below. Flying lower, I realized it was a deciduous forest. Developers hovering over my shoulder said that it must be the engine misinterpreting the texture of sand dunes, placing thousands of artificial, dust-colored trees that stretched on for miles.

I asked the developers if they planned to go back and fix the area by hand. They said no. Instead, the goal is to create software-based tools that can do the work automatically. The obvious implication is that as Bing Maps data gets better, so too will the look of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, miguel88 said:

there is not a photo mode as a alpha tester everything they show is gameplay

I can’t see this depth of field being real time.

Edited by Tuskin38

I viewed it as a hill hugging river.  Looking on down the valley the river aqppears normal.  That has plagued P3D in the past when the water climbed the shore line.

Edited by dexthom