Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

April 23rd, 2020 Development Update

3 hours ago, ArchStanton said:

I noticed this too. Due to the tree reflections this could be water. But it looks strange.

Maybe we get a hint from @Shack95  for the location.

If you expand the image it definitely looks like a river to me.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

21 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I can’t see this depth of field being real time.

Games have been using real-time depth-of-field effects for more than a decade now. It is not free, but not very expensive either, and this one doesn't look like a demanding implementation (because of the harsh edges and aliasing). It's a post-processing effect, like motion blur, lens flare/glare, bloom, SSAO/HBAO, colour correction/grading, FXAA/SMAA, film grain, chromatic aberration etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I can’t see this depth of field being real time.

well so you gonna be surprised  when this game releases

Edited by miguel88
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It wouldn't load on the website as I said earlier, after it was posted here it took several refreshes to get the update to appear for some reason. Must have been a browser cache issue or something.

Ah, didn’t notice your post when I posted. I was just kidding you since you’re always Johnny on the spot when it comes to these.

I agree though, their website is about as slow as Christmas to load. I was checking it a few times yesterday and it was taking sometime as much as 5 minutes to load on my end.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Ah, didn’t notice your post when I posted. I was just kidding you since you’re always Johnny on the spot when it comes to these.

The Batphone malfunctioned this time. ☹️

• Like 1

No, its not a river, your wrong, you can see a similar type of road hugging the hills too much at the right hand side of this early development video....notice how odd it looks, the ribbon of white, against the hills...its a road, but very badly implemented, and just not mating with the terrain properly at all, if the programming for it was changed so the width of the road always had to be horizontal, I think that might help its look somewhat, rather than its width going up the hillside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqM9oJbtAPk&list=PLHHNa7e7hf9MJJ21Xp-Mzkyt2fjhS-iEW&index=7

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, seamaster55 said:

No, its not a river, your wrong, you can see a similar type of road hugging the hills too much at the right hand side of this early development video....notice how odd it looks, the ribbon of white, against the hills...its a road, but very badly implemented, and just not mating with the terrain properly at all, if the programming for it was changed so the width of the road always had to be horizontal, I think that might help its look somewhat, rather than its width going up the hillside.

Perhaps it is a road indeed but the AI recognised it as a river, which could explain what looks like reflections in that picture. Else, I think it would replace the underlying imagery with a generic road texture to improve its definition. Has anyone else looked into this implementation for some more insight?

• Like 2

It is a river. A road isn't built on that "S mode" in the middle of no where. The water Is reflecting the sky and some trees, It looks a bit weird because water levels but there could be some torrents involves making up and down.This Is generic and looks passable to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

What do you mean by "photo mode"? You think, that scenery and planes suddenly looks nicer and different than in a "normal game mode", by pushing a "magical photo mode button"? 😄

One thing is to press your screenshot button on your keyboard on gameplay and another thing Is ti capture a picture within the game as it could be baked out at highest settings but doesn't mean It Is the actual game play regarding pixel density and tile resolution.

And we know it exists because of the leaked screenshots from a few weeks back.

9 hours ago, Livingston said:

Looking at these photos, I notice that some have a blurred background.
In a simulator, all shots are sharp. When an image is blurred in the background like some of them, it reminds me of the focus in shooting photo. Correct ?

These days quite a few games have depth of field effects built in, in real-time, which is probably what’s going on here. 

30 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

These days quite a few games have depth of field effects built in, in real-time, which is probably what’s going on here. 

Yeah but the way it's done here is artistic in nature. I doubt the DOF would be on all the time, by default at least.

Edited by Tuskin38

34 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Yeah but the way it's done here is artistic in nature. I doubt the DOF would be on all the time, by default at least.

Maybe it, but there are examples of games where it is (the project cars series, and sim city to name a few)

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Maybe it's something that you can play with in the settings.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Of course it will be in the settings like it is for any other visual effect of this type in any modern game these days, I don't even know why people are still freaking out about this kind of stuff 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 3