Sign in to follow this  
D-man

P3Dv5 Config Tweaks?

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I do 90% of my flights with the FSL A320.

At EGLL Stand 512(simwings) I get 57-62 FPS(when testing FPS), never ran out of memory and never in all my years have seen a sim run so smoothly and look so good. 

So after countless hours going though all the setting here is what I have ended up with (EA will now wait till v5.1) My PC spec is in sig.

Tweaks use

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=253

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

All addons run on a AffinityMask=160 (Both AM are from SteveW)

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Gonna test those goodies David.Is this cold and dark FPS?

I see you have higher settings now than 4.5 and 30 fps also. Amazing that autogen draw distance is maxed out.

You know i run 4k/4096.will report back.

This is OPENLCEU as well?

Thanks Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

26 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Gonna test those goodies David.Is this cold and dark FPS?

I see you have higher settings now than 4.5 and 30 fps also. Amazing that autogen draw distance is maxed out.

You know i run 4k/4096.will report back.

This is OPENLCEU as well?

Thanks Michael Moe

Yes 30 FPS 🙂 with OLC Euro with Vector. I think only running 1080 helps a lot. Default state for FSL for me is ON GPU

Just Done BA EGLL (simwings) to EBBR (DD v2.1) breath taking 🙂

ba.jpg

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@Nyxx Thanks, I will also try these settings! Are you using any AI and if so, how much? Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, krich said:

@Nyxx Thanks, I will also try these settings! Are you using any AI and if so, how much? Thanks in advance.

none at all, no traffic also. Waiting for UTL2.

All addons have v5 installers.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

At EGLL Stand 512(simwings) I get 57-62 FPS(when testing FPS), never ran out of memory and never in all my years have seen a sim run so smoothly and look so good. 

So after countless hours going though all the setting here is what I have ended up with (EA will now wait till v5.1) My PC spec is in sig.

Tweaks use

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=253

[Main]

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Nice! I will try this. Thanks for share. Your PC spec is same of mine.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Tweaks use

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=253

[Main]

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Setting a fixed Frame rate in P3D vs Unlimited+Synced+Monitor @30Hz/ or external limiter @30 with Monirot @60Hz has never ever been a good setting in any iteration of P3D for me. Talk about look-ahead buffer..

• Upvote 1

Doesn't using the internal limiter and then setting the FFTF to a very low value defeat the purpose of using the internal limiter? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Doesn't using the internal limiter and then setting the FFTF to a very low value defeat the purpose of using the internal limiter? 

I don't get why using the internal limiter at all in P3D if it is so CPU-demanding by defenition, aside from playing with FTFT. I suspect some users haven't really tested all their options out yet..

Edited by Dirk98
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Setting a fixed Frame rate in P3D vs Unlimited+Synced+Monitor @30Hz/ or external limiter @30 with Monirot @60Hz has never ever been a good setting in any iteration of P3D for me. Talk about look-ahead buffer..

Key words there “For me!”

Well I use two monitors, one above the other, I have tried your method RRTS or what ever it’s called and none work well at all, normally ending in bad stutters or losing 50% of my FPS when I drag the 2D panels to the other screen. So I will stick to what I have find to be best, thanks. 30Hz is terrible on my 120Hz screen. Tried all methods and none work on my set up.

4 hours ago, Chapstick said:

No not at all. I set 30, I used to set it at 26, so your not asking your PC to produce/waste unnecessary FPS and resources you don’t need. You don’t get in your car and make the engine run on the red line/100% all the time do you? You should set a FPS that you know your PC can handle. Giving it room to breathe and some head room when it needs it.

If you run unlimited FPS your FFTF is set to 0.01, hence why so many people report when setting a fixed FPS within the sim they lose FPS, and there right because anything less than unlimited the sim sets a FFTF of 0.33.

That 0.33 is the time dedicated per second to texture loading, so 1/3 of every second is given to texture load even if your PC does not need it.

So setting a FPS limit to a level that stops you wasting resources and then, as long as your PC can still give you no problems with texture loading running Like unlimited FPS, you have the best of both worlds. So for me my PC is not trying to produce the maximum FPS 100% all of the time and does not need 1/3 of every second to draw any scene.

Running unlimited FPS imo means big FPS drops when it’s trying to draw a new scene/demanding moment, hence stuttering. 

P3D is about trying ever option out there and finding what works for you. Because what works for one cannot always work for another, like 30Hz for me is a mouse/ stuttering mess. But for others it’s the best option on there set you. But I never criticise them or tell people there option is terrible just because on my PC it does not work, because on there’s it’s the sweet spot. Good for them for working though all the ways to find the best for them. No need to criticise others for doing the same and trying to help others by sharing their findings. 
Try all the methods there are to lock FPS, 30Hz, TB, VS etc etc, the list is long, Good luck to everyone finding the best one for their set up.
For me and my set up, P3D own limiter and a FFTF works best, no stuttering at all and perfect texture loading. What more could any of us ask for? I wish everyone could find that same sweet spot. Well you can but it’s a hell of a lot of time and effort.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Tweaks use

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=253

[Main]

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Just one note about the shadows settings :

you are aware that your AG buildings/trees do not receive any shadows ? And hills/mountains also do not cast shadows ? 

Just the custom addon objects like airports...

Myself I have clouds/terrain cast enabled and  vegetation/sim objects/buildings receive enabled :

Shadows%201.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Just one note about the shadows settings :

you are aware that your AG buildings/trees do not receive any shadows ? And hills/mountains also do not cast shadows ? 

Just the custom addon objects like airports...

Myself I have clouds/terrain cast enabled and  vegetation/sim objects/buildings receive enabled :

Shadows%201.jpg

Yes mate I am. Never fly from or to an airport that’s not a good addon and they come to life with shadows all over them, just drawing a line at some point as my PC is old and takes to much work lol. Roll on the 3000’s coming out. Then new PC time.

Edited by Nyxx

12 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Well I use two monitors, one above the other, I have tried your method RRTS or what ever it’s called

David, I think I used RTSS just 2 or 3 days in my life and then ditched it, where did you get it from it was my method?! 😀😀 You're funny!  

I have no idea how 2D panels behave in P3D, but I recall I read some discussions about it. Yes, that might be a totally different setup if you're using 2D panels and 2 monitors.

Edited by Dirk98

10 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

David, I think I used RTSS just 2 or 3 days in my life and then ditched it, where did you get it from it was my method?! 😀😀 You're funny!  

I have no idea how 2D panels behave in P3D, but I recall I read some discussions about it. Yes, that might be a totally different setup if you're using 2D panels and 2 monitors.

Dirk, I missed a full stop out it should have read like below. I apologies it reads wrong but writing is really hard for me as I have dyslexia.

Your right it makes a huge difference to what works and does not when using two screens.

12 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Well I use two monitors, one above the other, I have tried your method.<<<<(full stop) RRTS or what ever it’s called and none work well at all,

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Yes 30 FPS 🙂 with OLC Euro with Vector. I think only running 1080 helps a lot. Default state for FSL for me is ON GPU

Just Done BA EGLL (simwings) to EBBR (DD v2.1) breath taking 🙂

ba.jpg

Hi David. Just tested it out and i have 40-49fps with your setup this time without ASP3D.

Tried out the old settings for autogen and LOD and manage to get 55-60fps.

Thanks for sharing 😀

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi David. Just tested it out and i have 40-49fps with your setup this time without ASP3D.

Tried out the old settings for autogen and LOD and manage to get 55-60fps.

Thanks for sharing 😀

Michael Moe

With 4K that’s great mate. 
Thank you.