Sign in to follow this  
D-man

P3Dv5 Config Tweaks?

9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Your right it makes a huge difference to what works and does not when using two screens.

Running on 6 screens is even more complex (3 x Outside view, 1 x VC instruments/2D instruments, 2 x 2D instruments) with 2 GPUs means that none of the external FPS locking tools will work, and any FPS/SIM anomalies are likely to be experienced with a very very small subset of other users with similar complex setups 😞.

For example, there doesnt seem to be very much discussion on tweaks that might help save VRAM or FPS when views are run across multiple monitors.

Nor has there been any discussion about DX12/EA, VRAM usage, and GPU crashes WRT VRAM consumption on 2nf GPU only running 2D panels.

I seem to be a glutton for punishment running multi screen/GPU setup.

On 7/12/2020 at 4:13 PM, Nyxx said:

I do 90% of my flights with the FSL A320.

At EGLL Stand 512(simwings) I get 57-62 FPS(when testing FPS), never ran out of memory and never in all my years have seen a sim run so smoothly and look so good. 

So after countless hours going though all the setting here is what I have ended up with (EA will now wait till v5.1) My PC spec is in sig.

Tweaks use

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=253

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

All addons run on a AffinityMask=160 (Both AM are from SteveW)

But your SIG doesnt states your VRAM, which in P3D is so vital info, only its a 1080...why dont people put their vram in specs??

And first you say you use Affinity mask 253 (which i never heard of, before were like 14), and two lines down you say all addons run on affinitymask 160...which is the one being suggested?

Edited by kapitan

2 hours ago, kapitan said:

But your SIG doesnt states your VRAM, which in P3D is so vital info, only its a 1080...why dont people put their vram in specs??

And first you say you use Affinity mask 253 (which i never heard of, before were like 14), and two lines down you say all addons run on affinitymask 160...which is the one being suggested?

You really need to

A) Read  

B) Do some simple homework

First I dont have a 1080 its a 1070, as you have no idea what VRAM it has a 30 second goggle of a gtx 1070 would give you the answer.

If you have no idea when I state clearly in your quote

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=253

Then CLEARLY say  All addons run on a AffinityMask=160

Then sorry you need help, or help yourself, read it again and if you still don't get it, give up. but don't but the blame on me for trying to help/share. Because you clearly have no idea. You also from your tone have completely given me no reason to spend anymore time explaining/educating you. Pointing a finger at me for wrong/confusing info is a joke.

A 1070 NOT a 1080 has 8GB VRAM. and no there is no need for me to add that fact into my sig just for you.

What you could of done is asked if I could explain it more as you don't understand. That would of given you an in depth explanation.

Just because you have "never heard of".....is your problem not mine.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You really need to

A) read  

B) do some simple homework

First I dont have a 1080 its a 1070, as you have no idea what VRAM it has a 30 second goggle of a gtx 1070 would give you the answer.

If you have no idea when I state clearly in your quote

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=253

Then CLEARLY say  All addons run on a AffinityMask=160

Then sorry you need help, or help yourself, read it again and if you still don't get it, give up. but don't but the blame on me for trying to help/share. Because you clearly have no idea. You also from your tone have completely given me no reason to spend anymore time explaining/educating you. Pointing a finger at me for wrong/confusing info is a joke.

A 1070 NOT a 1080 has 8GB VRAM. and no there is no need for me to at that fact into my sig just for you.

Sir, I own a GTX 1060 3GB when normal for this mode is 6gb, thats why i asked

but i dont even know how to put my specs in my profile 😢

5 hours ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

I just installed V5 and put my Orbx scenery in and was having this issue.  Put in the tweak and everything is sweet and smooth. 😀

which issue, which tweak?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Whenever I try to change the cfg file the sim refuses to load and I've got to rebuild it. I'm using Notepad++

Any tips/ideas folks

thanks