Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Wing Wednesday

I go with video settings..

It could also be an artifact caused by the temporal anti-aliasing, especially considering it's the A320 and likely flying at a high speed.

It lines up where icing touches the edge of the plane, and vanishes where there isn't any. So I'm certain it's related to the icing layer.

DoVayIp.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It lines up where icing touches the edge of the plane, and vanishes where there isn't any. So I'm certain it's related to the icing layer.

DoVayIp.png

Yes makes sense. It's such a tricky effect though on this part and along the edge of the wing.

But the best part is this: I showed this screenshot to a graphic designer, friend of mine without saying anything, and he immediately asked me if I did the composition. I think he was surprised why I did such a rough cut 🙂 So I said no and it's not a composition, I swear... I had to convince him again and again that it's not. 

So I think one can make some money by betting with a bunch of graphic designers on the screenshot, they will all bet it's a composition 🤑 

Oh well, the ice layer in MSFS is a tricky and risky thing for graphic designers self esteem and income 😄

• Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Yeah it's not very noticeable, I mean no one pointed out anything similar in previous screenshots of icing.

I think the engine is trying to replicate what happens when light passes through ice crystals. Pretty exciting if true.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I like the ice build up very much but doesn't the ice build up in strange places in the picture like for example near the passenger windows. 
Doesn't ice build up only on exposed frontal surfaces of the plane (like for example the leading edges of the wing)?

12 minutes ago, Til19031986 said:

I like the ice build up very much but doesn't the ice build up in strange places in the picture like for example near the passenger windows. 
Doesn't ice build up only on exposed frontal surfaces of the plane (like for example the leading edges of the wing)?

Aircraft Icing and How It Affects Your Flight

• Like 3

There seems to be an official instagram account now, in case you didn't know yet. Found it on reddit. According to the OP with new screenshots. I'm not 100% up to date with that stuff, so you may judge yourself. 😉

https://www.instagram.com/msfsofficial/

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

There seems to be an official instagram account now, in case you didn't know yet. Found it on reddit. According to the OP with new screenshots. I'm not 100% up to date with that stuff, so you may judge yourself. 😉

https://www.instagram.com/msfsofficial/

• Upvote 1

Never seen a better sunset in a game...

• Like 8

The sun setting on the Tech Alpha, and hopefully they show a rising sun for the closed beta pretty soon.🤔

Edited by eaim
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.