Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Wing Wednesday

Maybe we should just have a dedicated Wing Wednesday thread and just update that as they come in.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Maybe we should just have a dedicated Wing Wednesday thread and just update that as they come in.

That's a good idea. I could change the thread's title to make it more general if others agree.

By the way, those runway lights look lovely, though the fixtures seem to have a very short draw distance. The pop-in might be noticeable without the depth-of-field effect engaged.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Good idea! I second the motion.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

4 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Flat as a billiard table... ho-hum.

I mean, yeah. But which is worse?

Capture.thumb.JPG.8814184bd35a495eb1d8af

Better to have a few flat airports than a broad implementation where some end up looking like this. Because oh my that's a mountain.

• Like 4

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Wing Wed has more and more of a yawn factor for me personally. I'm glad others are impressed, but I have "seen" enough. Its gonna take the IFR vid to excite me (sim in action and features).😴

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Flat as a billiard table... ho-hum.

Yea I agree, upon further review that runway does look "FS2000 perfect". I suppose if I knew which airport and then I could check the stats to make a better/honest call/critique. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Better to have a few flat airports than a broad implementation where some end up looking like this. Because oh my that's a mountain.

They could impose limits on the amount of "undulation" expressed by underlying terrain (ie partially flatten the airport), rather than completely flattening the entire airport, it's just so boring...

• Upvote 2

Matthew S

Maybe is just me, but from all screenshot we have seen, I'm starting to think that the A320 doesn't have any wingflex. Wings are always like curved to to sky

21.png

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed photo with copyright, against Avsim TOS.

13 minutes ago, aleex said:

Maybe is just me, but from all screenshot we have seen, I'm starting to think that the A320 doesn't have any wingflex. Wings are always like curved to to sky

Are those two the same variant? They look different....  The RL photo wings seem to "droop" a little at the tips... The FS screenshot seems to have wings flexed up a little more...

I like the detail of the lights in the runway, bump bump bump along the center line....nice!

Matthew S

It looks too clean, flat and stiff. 

• Like 1

I'm just here to see Matthew rant

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

As much as I support this new sim and can’t wait for it, from what I’ve seen so far the wingflex hasn’t been done properly. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik