Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

ENVSHADE in P3D v5

52 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

Maybe I am missing something.... I installed EVSHADE and nothing is happening. Their owners manual shows nothing basically.....Any special settings in V5 has to be applied?

I have V5 Folder enabled...global quality as Normal....sliders at the right side doing nothing. I believe I have to save and install  (green button) but still no changes. I guess it doesn't work for me.....

Alex 

26 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Maybe I am missing something.... I installed EVSHADE and nothing is happening. Their owners manual shows nothing basically.....Any special settings in V5 has to be applied?

I have V5 Folder enabled...global quality as Normal....sliders at the right side doing nothing. I believe I have to save and install  (green button) but still no changes. I guess it doesn't work for me.....

Did you press the install button to the left on their menu? I think it's the red one. For now it works with just the basic weather in V5. Edit, sorry, green button.

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

2 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Did you press the install button to the left on their menu? I think it's the red one. For now it works with just the basic weather in V5.

Red is for "Restore"...Green for install.....Yes I did (green) and nothing happens..... I got message installed but i see no changes whatsoever....so not sure what's with this..... lol (turning around to see if is candid camera behind me...LOL). Really odd

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

Id like to know can I turn OFF HDR luminance adaptation effect for P3Dv5 with Evnshade (like it was in PTA)?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I have it installed and Evntex when you hit the green button you should see the spinning loader can take a few mins to complete.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Yes you can tell when it's loading it can take quite a while. Yes you can turn off truesky, you might like it even better with envishade.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

37 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Yes you can tell when it's loading it can take quite a while. Yes you can turn off truesky, you might like it even better with envishade.

But nothing is happening...that's my problem...don't see any difference.

Alex 

8 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

But nothing is happening...that's my problem...don't see any difference.

Try this to make sure:

1. Disable TrueSky
  2. Disable EnvShade (disable and restore option in EnvDir)
  3. Clear shader directory here: <%appdata%\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders>
  4. Run P3Dv5, take a screenshot
  5. Enabled EnvShade
  6. Clear shader directory
  7. Run P3Dv5, take a screenshot
  8. Compare screenshots

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Id like to know can I turn OFF HDR luminance adaptation effect for P3Dv5 with Evnshade (like it was in PTA)?

ENVSHADE doesn't have luminance adaption. It's the main reason I run it. It drove me nuts with stock v5 for the week I didn't have ENVSHADE. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

It appears from what I am reading here and elsewhere that TOGA is dead when it comes to support. However, I am giving it one more try with my existing installation which appears to work. I have it activated with AS and ASCA. But, no matter what setting I try, with or without TOGA activated, I have a band of lighter sky along and somewhat above the horizon. This is the case with or without EA and VC, either both, or none. Is there a solution for this issue, which seems baked into P3D v5.3 no matter how shadings are set.

Secondly, do any of you know whether RD PRESETS  fills in the sky completely when  AS produces a cloud filled day, with or without precipitation. Thanks for your help

GWgJx2g.jpg

I think I found the answer to my issue. The solution was found within AS. There is a setting to "disable default haze layer" I had it set to False. Checking the box to activate and make it true, gave me what I had been seeking...The setting depends upon whether VC is activated or not. In my case, I always have it on.

MdmmJrj.jpg