Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

Even with the faults being commented here, at least to me it still looks like ages ahead of anything we have now and very much looking forward to getting my hands on it...

• Like 2

Did you see when he landed? It reminds me of one of those arcade games back in the amusements hahaha 

One thing’s for certain. Mr. AdeptBaton will not be part of the Alpha anymore. 

• Like 1

PS. That ATC voice is really annoying. Sounds like it’s aimed at my 13 year old. 

yes i shared this video yesterday. and it showed me to wait until September 1st to order. 

MSFS is the future, I know that. But maybe not now.

Bad current:

A320 flight behavior

ATC

and I don’t want to see an word not allowed flying online who will overtake me in the final with 300 knots.

52 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I see. I didn't check out all the comments, but he seemed quite sure that it was on low/medium settings. It's not easy to tell though, the video is too compressed.

The issue is for me is less the quality of the scenery than the way the aircraft behaves in the air. I hope that he was on the easy mode... 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

The issue is for me is less the quality of the scenery than the way the aircraft behaves in the air. I hope that he was on the easy mode... 

Half way through the video, he switched  to ‘hard’ mode, as seen in the settings screen, then ‘performed a landing’........ it was like a 90’s racing game 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Half way through the video, he switched  to ‘hard’ mode, as seen in the settings screen, then ‘performed a landing’........ it was like a 90’s racing game 🤦🏼‍♂️

Cinematic tire screeching sounds would have completed the scene lmao

• Like 2

Thats why we have the NDA on alpha. People making assumptions on a leak and cancel their preorders...

Without knowing what any of the settings were on the sim itself for that video, it's difficult to comment on the looks of the sim or the flight model of the aeroplane in any real depth for absolute certainty. However...

Clearly when someone is on a four mile final doing 370 knots, then touches down at vertical speed descent rate of over 2,500 fpm, they either don't have a clue what they are doing, or are just messing about, or they are possibly the A320 line check pilot for PIA. But with regard to the maneuverability of the aeroplane, whilst its true that airliners are not normally chucked about like that, this does not mean they are incapable of that being done although obviously on an A320, some of the FBW systems do limit things.

We can note that the landing gear on the A320 in the video does come down whilst the aeroplane is at an airspeed of 370 knots, which is impossible in the real thing since the system inhibits that at anything over 260 knots on a real A320. So that part certainly is not at all realistic, nor is the way the thing is whizzing about when it looks to have a bit less than just under 10,000 kgs of fuel on board if that on screen gauge is anything to go by. Touching down at that rate with lots of fuel on board would probably have broken a real aeroplane, so we can at least guess that the realism settings are not on high.

I think we might also surmise that someone who flies their aeroplanes in spot view, from behind, like they are playing Sega's After Burner in an amusement arcade in 1987, is probably not going to have a stellar flight sim rig of the kind that a really serious flight sim nerd would have, so that probably explains the graphics being turned down a lot.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just now, Chock said:

Without knowing what any of the settings were on the sim itself for that video, it's difficult to comment on the looks of the sim or the flight model of the aeroplane in any real depth for absolute certainty. However...

The settings are clearly shown half way through the video. He has everything on ‘hard’ mode...

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The settings are clearly shown half way through the video. He has everything on ‘hard’ mode...

Not necessarily. A video can show that, then splice a different video section in on a different setting and there is no way you'd know if that had been done. Thus it's by no means conclusive that what you see is what you get, unless you think Michael Bay really filmed some actual Transformers and everything on film is always real, in which case, believe away. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Not necessarily. A video can show that, then splice a different video section in on a different setting and there is no way you'd know if that had been done. Thus it's by no means conclusive that what you see is what you get, unless you think Michael Bay really filmed some actual Transformers and everything on film is always real, in which case, believe away. 🤣

He’s hardly making a transformers movie though is he? Rubbish analogy. 

• Upvote 1