Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

Also, this thread is ironically the exact reason why the NDA is the way it is to begin with.

• Like 10

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Edited because I should be better patient the next 4 weeks.

Edited by BigDee

1 hour ago, leonbr said:

The shared video was clearly to show and criticize that the TRUE TO LIFE mode is far from any reality in an a320neo simulator. That simple.

Even on the FSX it was not possible to land at that speed on standard airplanes without crashing.

If that will change completely in the final version ... we'll see.

Just as a test.. I just booted up FSX and I took the default boeing 738  out for  a quick round robin from KSFO ...  I just landed, without crashing, on 19L going 400kts indicated ...  i wasnt able to stop the plane until way past the runway.. but neither could the guy in the video.

Im not proud myself.. but it had to be done.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

4 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Lol that leaked footage is from a few builds back...like beginning of the year 😂. A lot has changed 🙂

It's got the new type of watermark that were changed in the last version. Why not stick to the truth?

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Kopteeni said:

It's got the new type of watermark that were changed in the last version. Why not stick to the truth?

What is the truth? The leaked clips mean nothing because a. we don't what the leakers spec and b. we don't know what settings they have. For all we know it could be some kid with a 4 year old PC with limited internet bandwidth trying to run the sim on max settings.

I have nothing to gain by hyping up the sim because I'll be a paying customer like everyone else. All I'm saying is don't base your opinions on leaked clips.

• Like 4

Definitely not beginning of the year.. beginning of june at earliest...

Alpha 4 the watermarks started looking like that (screenshots from june 25th update look like the leaked video) which was still during alpha 4. So its (at most) 2 versions ago  accounting for alpha5 and beta1.. 

i dont think the intention was to mislead...

I think at this point most people have made up their minds and many have pre-ordered  ..

With  the pre-alpha footage from last year and the trailers / discovery series videos, there has to be at least 2+ hours of video out there. (4k and not over compressed).. im going to go by that.  I dont/didnt expect a A320 that comes as just a part of a package for $59 to match up with the $140 FSLabs or even the ToLiss . .  Asobo has made it clear from the beginning they knew they needed to include 3rd party vendors in this.  I still intend on flying the default plane, since the MCDU seems to function like an airbus mcdu from the IFR video, and i only intend to do 25 degree turns and land at vref+5,   but I do  look forward to something deeper coming out later)    

Edited by Wewk584
  • Like 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

9 hours ago, leonbr said:

Even on the FSX it was not possible to land at that speed on standard airplanes without crashing.

If that will change completely in the final version ... we'll see.

As even FSX managed to have proper flight dynamics compared to this twitchy stuff, I have no doubt that this is fixable in a more advanced sim.

A question to Alpha / Beta users:

I think it's not going too far (NDA wise) to ask, if such things (like the leaked video and the criticism) are tackled in the Alpha forums and if ASOBO is aware of it?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

@tweekzThey said more than once they read the forums. If they're not aware by now ... well ... then they didn't read the forums.

What they could do is open an extra communication channel where we, casual viewers, not being invited alpha / beta testers, can post our feedback on the issues we noticed on any footage that we see.

Edited by RudyB24

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

2 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

What is the truth? The leaked clips mean nothing because a. we don't what the leakers spec and b. we don't know what settings they have. For all we know it could be some kid with a 4 year old PC with limited internet bandwidth trying to run the sim on max settings.

I have nothing to gain by hyping up the sim because I'll be a paying customer like everyone else. All I'm saying is don't base your opinions on leaked clips.

And you also claimed that clip is from the start of the year. Which clearly isn't true. My remark didn't contain any speculations about your motives to lie but you seemed to jump on the defense mode rather quick there.

Anyone notice the end, that the screen goes dark BEFORE it crashes? Did the sim decide in advance it would crash? Weird...

Edited by MaVe64
  • Upvote 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

4 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Anyone notice the end, that the screen goes dark BEFORE it crashes? Did the sim decide in advance it would crash? Weird...

It's a feature, not a bug. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

I think the tail hit the ground before hitting the buildings.

• Like 1

I was questioning it because from a programming point of view, how is this possible? The sim would have to calculate every microsecond in advance all the available manoeuvres, and conclude it's not going to make it whatever the pilot does. That's a heck of a calculation. It probably just has a minimum distance to buildings while in flight... I don't know. That would be wrong because what if the pilot just misses by a hair?

Edited by MaVe64

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

The software probably calculated that the particular pilot in question had no chance of avoiding the buildings, based on his/her previously displayed "skills".

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I bet when they continuously calculate the aerodynamics of 1000 surfaces (my guess is 20 would have sufficed, but marketing needed impressive numbers 🙂 ) and even take the friction coefficient of rubber on different types of tarmac into account (I hope I can feel the difference sitting in my bureau chair) they can add one statement in the code like IF ((vertical speed > x) AND (altitude < y)) THEN we're going to crash.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation