35 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

I was just getting ready to post this! Ahem...the crusade is over, @Wobbie 😉

I told Wobbie several months ago that he was going to have egg on his face... 😎

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 minutes ago, Kaan KASIM said:

Leave it to avsim users to take away all the excitement and fun, nothing but nitpick. 🤦‍♂️

Ah ok... So no criticism allowed?  Asobo well done, release FS2020 as is with oversized trees. 🙄

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

17 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

The update is nice BUT trees size still need work.... I drive past this often and I don't remember Sydney being transplanted to the Amazon.

Is this still an old alpha? Seems like Asobo is making no progress on tree size.

Asobo, fix your "AI" logic and stop defaulting tree size for the "tropics" to massive old-growth rain forest.

In fact tree sizes everywhere are just too large for all tree varieties. Look at the conifers in the previous shot by SVG1780, they have the perfect shape of small Christmas trees that are scaled up 10x.  Big trees don't have the same perfect "cute" shape as small trees, it looks weird.

Of course the Sydney Harbour Bridge is missing too, and no doubt they will add that custom art asset later, but I like the look of that AI generated bridge.

Recognize that these weekly updates are not build updates. The tree size has not been changed since the last update because there's been no build update. They are well aware of the problem.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Ah ok... So no criticism allowed?  Asobo well done, release FS2020 as is with oversized trees. 🙄

Totally allowed. But just remember that the builds are not changing week to week. Problems you saw last week are not going to suddenly be fixed this week.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've watched it twice now, yep I'm happy.  And impressed.

I still want to see some bush flying Microsoft!!!!  😁

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Totally allowed. But just remember that the builds are not changing week to week. We've been talking about the tree problem for a while. It likely won't be fixed for a while.

I can't recall Asobo mentioning tree size in their development updates (ie "top reported issues" or whatever they were calling it) .

So we've been talking about it but are Asobo actually listening? 

9 minutes ago, bonchie said:

They are well aware of the problem.

Are they? How do you know? I've see numerous posts in the past from users here saying tree size is fine, so maybe Asobo has the same opinion?

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

btw, Asobo already released the patch for us alpha user. supper good day so far.

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

The cloud surfing is amazing (6:40-7:05)!

I liked what I saw, all in the simulator and very intuitive. Now AI can adjust the radios while we take a shower and snack on long flights. Perfect!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

btw, Asobo already released the patch for us alpha user. supper good day so far.

Hey can you fly over Sydney and tell us if the tree size has changed from the that picture above? 🙊

Matthew S

3 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Hey can you fly over Sydney and tell us if the tree size has changed from the that picture above? 🙊

They won’t be allowed to answer.

• Upvote 1

Can we talk about those wingflex physics? I think I drooled.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

9 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

The actual milestone build has not changed. When they release 1.4, 1.5 etc. that's when you should expect to see a change like that.

Edited by bonchie

Blown away.  Were getting a full featured sim.  To get realistic simulation we no longer need to load up third party addons

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

anyone else notice ATC is not using the correct verbal names of waypoints...going by letters instead of pronounced names.

• Like 7