Sign in to follow this  
Captain747

Cant believe this

it's an alpha people. How many times do we have to say this. not everything is implemented yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Guy complains about ATC and has a point and people tell him to fly online. Dont you get it: Online is word not allowed for some? Its AIDS? We want to fly offline without kids and stupid idiots destryoing our immersion? Without landing at airports without ATC at all? Keep your Online advieses to yourself. Thx

• Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

4 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

Am i the only one that was impressed with ATC? It's leaps and bounds what we currently have.

I agree, some people just need to take an appetite suppressant. It is many times better than either FSX, P3D, or Xplane. In fact from what little we can see it is better than most of the add-ons offline ATC programs. 

• Upvote 1

I am NOT interested in online ATC services for my sim and just hope that there are enough improvements to the default ATC to make it a lot less annoying than past default representations of ATC. Honestly, I am happy with improvements to ATC being made over time. At launch, this sim is going to be A LOT better than any other default sim we have had.

Just excited about whats to come...with time, I am sure this new platform will mature nicely. 

• Upvote 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

it's an alpha people. How many times do we have to say this. not everything is implemented yet.

I can just hear it now. One day after the release of MSFS2020 the answer to every complaint will become "Hey....this is just the Alpha for MSFS2022!!" LOL!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

As anyone who has used VOXATC will tell you, an accurate simulation of both ATC and AI traffic is extremely difficult to implement. VOXATC is light years ahead of anything else and it took more than a decade to develop it to it's present state.  What's in the alpha is not close to that but it's good enough for most users. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much more than that.

• Upvote 1

I think many are reading too much into this video. I thought it was a glimpse of how the ATC works on a regular flight, but there is much more to ATC in general than what was shown in the video, so, while I personally wasn't blown away by it either, I won't read too much into this. I'm sure there is more to MSFS ATC than we saw here. The TTS voices, while sounding robotic, offer a lot of possibilities, as others have mentioned already. I'm also sure they will be expanding on ATC features after release. I just don't believe these few minutes are all there is to the ATC implementation. They will also be monitoring the reactions to this video and most likely have tester input on ATC anyway, depending on how much of it is implemented at this point.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I already posted a somehow silly comment on this topic previously but now seriously, I would simply say that ideally, real life ATC should be just like MSFS or FSX in terms of clarity and overall experience...

• Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

I ATC myself. Don't care if that plane is on the runway. My crash detection is turned off. I'll go right through it on my terms, don't need anybody telling me what I can and can't do!  😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I am not a pilot so I didn't understand 99% of IFR video but I was still blown away. It's amazing how much one can learn but I won't be using any one that IFR or ATC. I only know enough basics to fly and enjoy the sceneries and explore the world. I don't want to keep looking at buttons while flying. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

3 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

I am not a pilot so I didn't understand 99% of IFR video but I was still blown away. It's amazing how much one can learn but I won't be using any one that IFR or ATC. I only know enough basics to fly and enjoy the sceneries and explore the world. I don't want to keep looking at buttons while flying. 🙂

You are a rarely heard voice in the community, who however, I have long suspected represents its actual (silent) backbone.

• Like 6

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I also liked the ATC in the video as a whole.. yes, the TTS wasnt great and the ATC is obviously build up from the FSX ATC... although  tbh the core of the fsx atc wasnt bad.. it just needed some improvements and they improved it.  But to be able to fly with traffic and atc that recognizes sids/stars will be great. and getting directs instead of vectored the whole route...   Alot of 2020 is just FSX on steroids  I dont think this is news.

It is  a massive improvement over anything currently available. I cant wait.

And .. I like vatsim and PE but my family interrupts me alot so i can only fly online sparingly.. and besides being able to easily pause, with flying offline you have the luxury of not being perfect. 

Edited by Wewk584
  • Like 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

All I'll say is there are some things you have to experience for yourself 🙂 Now as many have pointed out, this is indeed very much in alpha and we should not jump to conclusions.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

11 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I can just hear it now. One day after the release of MSFS2020 the answer to every complaint will become "Hey....this is just the Alpha for MSFS2022!!" LOL!!

you can complain the day it's officially release, until than , it's still work in progress.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.