Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 25th, 2020 - Development Update

9 hours ago, F737NG said:

Over-representation of trees are still an issue.

And the wrong type, so many "conifers" everywhere...  Also, every tree in MSFS2020 is so perfectly formed, uniform and "lush"... Not a single dead leaf, branch or tree to be seen anywhere.

MSFS2020 is a postcard. It's just sooo luvely and purrrfect 😻🌲.....  🤦‍♂️

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

Just now, MatthewS said:

MSFS2020 is a postcard. It's just sooo luvely and purrrfect 😻🌲.....  🤦‍♂️

Rather have that, than a flat, cardboard, X-plane tree, though........  

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'd be word not allowed if I can't take a heli, hover in front of a skyscraper and watch TV through the window.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Rather have that, than a flat, cardboard, X-plane tree, though

So you think accurately sized, realistically varied trees and the current Asobo "3d" modelling technique are mutually exclusive? 🤦‍♂️ It's a nice excuse though.

Matthew S

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

So you think accurately sized, realistically varied trees and the current Asobo "3d" modelling technique are mutually exclusive? 🤦‍♂️ It's a nice excuse though.

And....... that's a nice attempt to put words in my mouth.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

And....... that's a nice attempt to put words in my mouth.

Oh really?  🙄

18 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Rather have that, than a flat, cardboard, X-plane tree, though........ 

So what is your point then?  Don't speak in riddles.  You clearly think we can't have both (3d trees and correct size & variety).  🤦‍♂️

Matthew S

9 hours ago, F737NG said:

Back on-topic.

Over-representation of trees are still an issue.

CerneGiant.png

cerne%2Babbas%2Bgiant.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

While there are trees around in the real world, there are nowhere near as many, or as big, as the ones shown in the MSFS screenshot.

But they look sooo good.  I wish they were bigger.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

3 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

You clearly think we can't have both (3d trees and correct size & variety).  🤦‍♂️

No, what I think is that if I was choosing between the two, I would take the MSFS trees even as they are; any day.

That's not a riddle, its a pretty plain sentence that said exactly what it said, and not a thing more.

Especially as Asobo is innovating quite quickly, which is not something I can say for X-planes trees, which have been cardboard for at least a decade.

• Like 2

Devons rig

16 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Oh really?  🙄

So what is your point then?  Don't speak in riddles.  You clearly think we can't have both (3d trees and correct size & variety).  🤦‍♂️

Confucius he say;

"Better to speak in riddles with mind open,

Than to speak nothing with mind closed."

You make a lot of noise Matthew.

But there isn't an awful lot making it across.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

But they look sooo good.

I agree. The only trees I have seen in a flightsim that even approached them for realism were the speed-trees in MsFlight.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 2

Devons rig

9 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Better to speak in riddles with mind open

Clearly you are confused about what he says, but try reading his statement again, and slowly. 🤦‍♂️

It's his mind that is closed because he thinks we can't have both (3d trees of correct size/variety). 🤣

Matthew S

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

Clearly you are confused about what he says, but try reading his statement again, and slowly. 🤦‍♂️

It's his mind that is closed because he thinks we can't have both (3d trees of correct size/variety). 🤣

Wow........ Once again, I'm reminded that it takes all kinds, to make an Avsim. ✈️

• Like 1

Devons rig

4 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Wow........ Once again, I'm reminded that it takes all kinds, to make an Avsim.

Like yourself? You've already back-flipped on your previous statement. What a surprise. 🤣

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

27 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Confucius he say;

"Better to speak in riddles with mind open,

Than to speak nothing with mind closed."

You make a lot of noise Matthew.

But there isn't an awful lot making it across.

That last sentence is the important one for me, because at this point I'm leaning away from my monitor and thinking "What. The. Heck?"

Devons rig

2 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Errr, where exactly did Hiflyer express that thought? Looks to me you are drawing your own conclusions.

Or maybe... Can you tell me what I think now? 😲

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS