Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Goodbye, Flybe

Last night saw the end of Flybe in my virtual airspace. It was a difficult decision, but the time had come to say goodbye. All of those Dash 8s and ERJs gone in the blink of an eye. Southampton is now a ghost town, and deep purple has vanished from aprons across the UK. On the plus side, at least there are now enough parking spots at Edinburgh for all of the other AI visitors early in the morning :wink: I still have a few gems that are no longer flying in the real world. A couple of VLM Fokker 50s operating for Cityjet. The WOW Air Airbus planes. That majestic Avro Vulcan XH558. One day they too will probably be gone, but for now they continue to grace the virtual skies in P3Dv4.

But for Flybe, it is the end.

Goodbye, Flybe.

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I can't bring myself to say goodbye to Flybe so they are still flying in my sims ( FSX and P3D). I do feel a tinge of sadness whenever i see them. Flying mainly around the UK they were a common sight and I will keep the memory alive at least in the sim.

• Upvote 1

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Hard decision.

i'll wait until I emigrate to the next SIM generation, it doesn't look so far away, and Flybe's worth keeping him alive for now, as a tribute.-

Although it's getting complicated, I keep a set of traffic files to swap out so Flybe can still fly if I want to see them.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

I'm afraid my FlyBe disappeared months ago. Even sadder will be stripping out the Virgin 747s and A340s. But they've got to go... 

747-400 going going gone. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Many happy hours paxing between EGPF, EGCC & EGBB on the Dash-8. Especially the cold winter mornings when the cabin crew had their greatcoats on and we all had to change seats to adjust the CG. I feel that we've said goodbye to too many airlines these past few years. The demise of Monarch was awful. 

Some 380`s are going back in the air but airlines are no longer interested in four engine aircraft, more will be scraped this year.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I'd have kept them in, but just as important - what have you dialled your traffic settings down to right now?

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 6/27/2020 at 7:19 AM, gb09f said:

The demise of Monarch was awful. 

The redundancies at virgin, easyjet, ba and Jet2 have been in one word, HORRIFIC.

I know of 4 flight deck mates of mine  at Virgin for example who wife's/girlfriends have left them as they don't want to be attached to an unemployed driver with no immediate chance of another job for the forseeable future.  

I went on linked in on Friday, as I've not been on it on months,  it was so upsetting, I had to shut it down after 2 minutes. 

There are people in the business who think it will take a near miracle for various certain airlines in the UK,  ie Norwegian, Jet2 and Virgin to still be standing in 18 months time. 

Myself personally, I wouldnt want to go through redundancy again, or wish it on anyone else, it is the simple most stressful thing I've ever had to deal with.  I hope all the school teachers and civil servants (sitting on 70% furlough) that got boozed up last week in Bournemouth realise how lucky they are.  It's was disgusting to see

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 6/27/2020 at 7:19 AM, gb09f said:

Many happy hours paxing between EGPF, EGCC & EGBB on the Dash-8. Especially the cold winter mornings when the cabin crew had their greatcoats on and we all had to change seats to adjust the CG. I feel that we've said goodbye to too many airlines these past few years. The demise of Monarch was awful. 

I remember flying out of Birmingham one morning to Dublin, just after Monarch went into administration.

Looking out from gate 57 across the apron, there were vehicles parked behind every Monarch A320 to stop them being moved. 

Very sad.

Stu

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.