🙄

What video card do you have?

I have a 2080ti with this issue 😞 

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

Welcome to V5. When you're not CTDing, you're constantly monitoring the VRAM counter. Enjoy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Welcome to V5. When you're not CTDing, you're constantly monitoring the VRAM counter. Enjoy!

deleted 🙃

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, benwbriscoe said:

....apparently not

https://imgur.com/yzXI0er

🙄

I have the same graphics card as you and this happens to me as well occasionally. I guess we will always be chasing our tails.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

We seem to get these CTD’s posts just about everyday.  Most of time with very few details. A lot of us are not getting CTD’s. I’m one of these people.  For this reason, those with issues should be posting more info including hardware specs, what add-ons were running when the CTD happened and other info that may help. If 100 people are getting CTD’s and 80 of them are using XYZ add-on then maybe XYZ add-on may be the issue.

For me, as mentioned I have very few issues when flying and not one CTD.  I’ve seen posts where you should only use add-ons approved for P3DV5. Just about every plane I’ve flown so far is from FSX including the Flight1 BN-2 Islander, some FSX freeware add ons and even the FSX default Cessna 172 that I ported over to see how backwards compatible P3DV5 is. It worked ok except for one gauge I had to replace. I’ve even tried an upgraded default G1000 that was not even supposed to work with Windows 10 and it worked ok in P3DV5. In other words, I’ve tried to make P3DV5 fail and haven’t. I’m not saying that P3DV5 is perfect, for example try flying in the Canadian Arctic with the default vector data.

In conclusion, in a lot of posts regarding CTD’s, is the problem with P3DV5, with add ons, other software running, hardware issues or P3DV5 settings being to high?

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Did you just update the HF2 or did you do a fresh install? 

In my instance, I did a update to all three components like I've always done which has never been a problem. This time however for what ever reason as it's not a big deal I started getting the DXGI Device hung errors everytime I ran p3d. No biggie, I'll try a full uninstall and reinstall which was painless and back up fully running with my previous addons in under an hour and have had ZERO CTD's of any sort since. Highly recommended.

Also personally, like most don't have to now nor before with HF1 had to monitor VRAM usage.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I can have a ctd real quick, if I wanted it. Just slide them sliders baby! Seriously, if you want ctd's just over do what your machine can accomplish. That's the only way I can get my head around it. I've had two since v5 came out, so what did I do, set a couple of sliders down a notch, no more ctd"s since the slider adjustment.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

6 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Thats nonsense, but you do post that a lot! 

I havent had a VRAM crash since May.

Do you actually fly P3D v5? If so, you have a problem with your hardware, install, addons or settings.

if not, why the hundred negative posts??

• Like 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Thats nonsense, but you do post that a lot! 

I havent had a VRAM crash since May.

Do you actually fly P3D v5? If so, you have a problem with your hardware, install, addons or settings.

if not, why the hundred negative posts??

You could always put me on ignore if you find my posts upset you.