Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Flightbeam KSFO - is it suppose to look like this?

I noticed that the words get cut off. Not sure if this is how it's suppose to look but I've just noticed this.

image.png

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

You've got the default terminal buildings showing up and clipping into FB's buildings. I guess you need to try reinstalling.

• Upvote 1

Reinstalling didn't fix the issue for me.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

If you have orbx installed. Go into the flight beam manager and run the troubleshooter. It will tell you what to do.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Yes I do have Orbx installed. Ran the troubleshooter but not sure which one I need to deactivate.

image.png

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes I do have Orbx installed. Ran the troubleshooter but not sure which one I need to deactivate.

Per the Flight Beam Forums (KSFOHD FTX NorCal Compatibility), on Orbx recommendations all of them. As I understand it, the Flight Beam manager automatically identifies all files in conflict and simply provides a slightly more user friendly way to turn conflicting bgl's to off (rather than the traditional ".bgl" --> ".off" rename method).

I note you are on P3Dv5. There was a compatibility fix issued by Flight Beam for that specific issue, and the installers were updated later that day (April 14 2020). If you haven't done so, you may need to download a new installer (Flight Beam Specific Announcement here).

• Like 1

Thank you! That fixed it for me! 🙂 I wish I had known about this sooner. I've been running KSFO like this ever since I've installed it. I wonder if there's fixes like that for FSDT's KLAX as well for those running Orbx. This should definitely increase my framerates a bit hopefully since I've deactivated those.

One problem fixed a new one arises. Now I see this at KSFO in my QW 787. Not sure which add-on is causing this issue. I am running the latest version of QW 787 as well as updated to the latest version of KSFO.

image.png

Edited by captain420

Deactivating conflict airport files has been around for over a decade now, you'd think we'd all be used to it by now.

As for the QW lights, thats something that QW is going to have to address.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

8 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thank you! That fixed it for me! 🙂 I wish I had known about this sooner. I've been running KSFO like this ever since I've installed it. I wonder if there's fixes like that for FSDT's KLAX as well for those running Orbx. This should definitely increase my framerates a bit hopefully since I've deactivated those.

No problems! Yes there is. At the Orbx forums there's a Compatibility Sub-Forum that covers most common airports and what needs to be amended. For FSDT's KLAX you'll find it under the "SCA Compatibility index" thread (it's currently pinned). Be aware you may need to re-apply the fixes after running the Couatl updater. FSDT don't have a manager like Flight Beam's so you'll need to do it manually by renaming the bgls from ".bgl" to ".off".

14 minutes ago, captain420 said:

One problem fixed a new one arises. Now I see this at KSFO in my QW 787. Not sure which add-on is causing this issue. I am running the latest version of QW 787 as well as updated to the latest version of KSFO.

As Dave_YVR said, not sure on that one.

• Like 1

Never knew about that tool in the FB manager, just checked mine and it needed to be done also 

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

38 minutes ago, captain420 said:

image.png

Guess that would be a real light issue ??

isnt still in beta?

mike

20 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Guess that would be a real light issue ??

isnt still in beta?

How to disable it for this particular aircraft?

29 minutes ago, captain420 said:

How to disable it for this particular aircraft?

Sorry don’t know.

hence why I have been holding out on purchasing this bird.

mike

I wish my dynamic lighting would work at flightbeam airports. They continue to be broken for me and many others in v5

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I wish my dynamic lighting would work at flightbeam airports. They continue to be broken for me and many others in v5

So dynamic lighting option for FB's KSFO isn't working with P3D v5 yet in their latest version? Is that what's causing the lights on my 787 to look like that on the tarmac?