Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Free update of VOXATC 7.42 for P3d5 is out

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You need to have a working microphone connected. Check your mic with the Windows control panel. Calibrate it and train it with the Control Panel speech applet. You can also search this subforum for the phrase "US English compatible recognizer".

I have plenty of Windows10's downloaded English and Englishish 64bit voices playing in Pilot2ATC. Should they all work in VOXATC?

Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I have plenty of Windows10's downloaded English and Englishish 64bit voices playing in Pilot2ATC. Should they all work in VOXATC?

Thanks.

I have plenty of Cerevoice and Ivona voices working ok

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

8 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I have plenty of Cerevoice and Icons gloves working ok

But those that I mentioned are free. Not the case with Cerevoice and Icons gloves I understand?

Thanks.

PS: I can't find any Icons gloves voices, no hits, mind to share a link to it?

Edited by Dirk98

sorry meant ivona voices - stupid android autocorrect

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

But those that I mentioned are free. Not the case with Cerevoice and Icons gloves I understand?

Thanks.

PS: I can't find any Icons gloves voices, no hits, mind to share a link to it?

I have no experience with free voices, but as I understand it, they should work ok

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

49 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Thanks.

Yes. They are a far better option than the built-in VOXATC voices. You will notice a few quirks like the word "wind" being pronounced as a verb (like winding a clock). 64 bit Ivona and Cereproc payware SAPI voices also work. The Ivona voices have their own editable speech dictionary. I have 11 SAPI voices installed and the ATC chatter is quite realistic. 

• Upvote 1

Wow this is GREAT NEWS!!!

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I just want to thank you all for being test pilots. I’ve stuck with P3d v4, until all of the addons important to me were working. Now, I’m ready to take the plunge.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yes. They are a far better option than the built-in VOXATC voices. You will notice a few quirks like the word "wind" being pronounced as a verb (like winding a clock). 64 bit Ivona and Cereproc payware SAPI voices also work. The Ivona voices have their own editable speech dictionary. I have 11 SAPI voices installed and the ATC chatter is quite realistic. 

I like the cereproc regional voices , which keep on being expanded.  Getting the odd Glaswegian or Black Country controller is great for immersion 🙂

xaP1VAU.png

On 7/12/2020 at 7:48 AM, vadriver said:

kevin

please tell all / is there a changelog ?

Tegwyn fixed a few bugs.  Of note personally was a bug in the handling of some quirky AI flight plans which sometimes stopped AI from appearing at all.  This was fixed along with a possible problem when initialising add-on voices.  There may have been a tweak or two to some VFR handling but I can't confirm that. @jabloomf1230 might have additional points to add....

Any further changes will be forward development to the next VoxATC version 🙂

• Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

Quick question - thoughts on this setting?

dswyrlB.jpg

If I set traffic to 100%, if there's enough traffic derived from bgls to reach 100%, only bgl traffic is used, however if there's not enough, VoxATC will randomly generate traffic if this is enabled?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi, 

Anybody got the Runway Number Update working up in this version? I get a silent ctd of the related .exe while scaning as used to happend to me with voxatc 7.42 for p3d v4.

Regards

On 7/12/2020 at 1:19 PM, kevinfirth said:

I wouldn't, clean install is recommended

thank you for all

1 hour ago, Gridley said:

Quick question - thoughts on this setting?

dswyrlB.jpg

If I set traffic to 100%, if there's enough traffic derived from bgls to reach 100%, only bgl traffic is used, however if there's not enough, VoxATC will randomly generate traffic if this is enabled?

AFAIK this new option permits additional traffic to be generated in situations where there wouldn't normally be any scheduled.  I don't use it personally as my UK flights have sufficient AI using the traffic level selector by itself 🙂

• Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png