Sign in to follow this  
djbully

To MICROSOFT: Not buying until STEAM version available!

2 minutes ago, eslader said:

What did you lose?

My MS Flight content (Most of it was given free to me from the Beta), a couple other games I bought, but cant remember the names, and the Free Tinker program.

5 minutes ago, Gabshall said:

You might still be able to retrieve Flight...

I have flight working on one of my older PC's, but for the life of me I cannot get it to launch past the opening screen on my main PC.
Thanks for the link.

Cheers.

Can somebody tell me what the advantage is of buying it at a specific store/platform? I really do not understand is. I buy all my stuff wherever I can get it. ALDI doesn't have the product I want? Fine I'll buy it at Walmart who cares?! It is not like it is better getting it from one or another place.

Please enlighten me.

Edited by Wanderkroete

53 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I'm pretty sure if they sell it through Steam, you would still be able to buy things on MS Marketplace and use them easily, the same way you would with the MS Store version. 

Yes but the whole purpose of the new flight simulator  is to encourage centralization of sales at one place. So for example some developers may refuse to sell through Steam because of profit margins. So if MS decides to sell through Steam but a developer doesn't but does through the MS store and you can't use the MS product on Steam product... etc., etc. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Just now, Wanderkroete said:

Can somebody tell me what the advantage is of buying it at a specific store/platform? I really do not understand is. I buy my stuff where I can get it. ALDI doesn't have the product I want? Fine I'll buy it at Walmart who cares?! It is not like it is better getting it from one or another place.

Please enlighten me.

Some people like to keep their digital stuff tied to just one store so it all sits in one place behind a single account which also tracks your gaming hours, achievements, friends list etc.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Yes but the whole purpose of the new flight simulator  is to encourage centralization of sales at one place. So for example some developers may refuse to sell through Steam because of profit margins. So if MS decides to sell through Steam but a developer doesn't but does through the MS store and you can't use the MS product on Steam product... etc., etc. 

But what I’m saying is, I’m pretty sure we will be able to use things we buy at MS store on the Steam version of the sim.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

8 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Some people like to keep their digital stuff tied to just one store so it all sits in one place behind a single account which also tracks your gaming hours, achievements, friends list etc.

I can read the words that you've written but I'm still not understanding. This doesn't make any sense at all in my universe. But thank you for taking the time.

Guess who doesn't like to compromise does have the easy and inexpensive solution of just not buying it 🙂 There was never a simpler solution to a "problem".

• Like 1

I'm not sure where the negativity to MS store came from? I made no mention of it. I happen to use MS store for Forza games amongst other things. 

I just much prefer Steam. I have over 400 games on there virtually all my game barring a few, for PC anyway.

I much prefer the whole platform and community features it has compared to others. I wont go into them.

Anyway, I was not bashing the MS store, just simply I want to get it on Steam ASAP. 
If Microsoft announced officially that anyone who buys it from MS Store can port the license over to Steam once its on there, then I would take that. 

I'm not buying it twice! especially not the bloody deluxe version ! 😇

@Chock Thank you for your entertaining reply, duly liked 😁

Cheers

Bully.

Edited by djbully
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

1 hour ago, Wanderkroete said:

I can read the words that you've written but I'm still not understanding. This doesn't make any sense at all in my universe. But thank you for taking the time.

Guess who doesn't like to compromise does have the easy and inexpensive solution of just not buying it 🙂 There was never a simpler solution to a "problem".

I have limited experience with the MS store other than my Win10 license so perhaps the functionality is the same. I do enjoy the convenience of Steam. My games automatically update with no interaction from me. If I build a new computer I just install Steam and I'm done. Any of my games I want to play I just click "Play" and it installs if necessary. Again, if the MS store has the same features, then I guess there's not a lot of difference.

Personally, I will probably wait for the Steam version as that is what I'm used to. I will likely need to build a new system anyways to really enjoy the new sim so I don't need to buy it anytime soon. In the end, if I have a rig that's ready for the game and I want it, I will buy it where ever I can - giving preference to Steam, but not forgoing buying it if I just can't get it there.

Sea of Thieves was developed by an independent games company (Rare) for MS and was released through Microsoft's portal in Dec. 2016. It only went to Steam about one or two months ago. So as a precedent it says the move to Steam can take years. But I suspect MS has changed policy recently so MFS might make it to Steam a lot quicker. Some of the money must go to Steam so it makes sense for MS to keep it on their own platform as long as possible. It will be a calculation they are making between availability and net profit.

Ok I understand. If you play a lot this might be really useful. Guess for me it is not relevant because I don't play any games. I've tried Cities Skylines on Steam a couple of month ago but except for flight simulators there hasn't been any game that kept me interested for more than maybe a week or too.

honestly ill rather roll naked over broken glass then go back to steam . I have a few games there but if i had a dollar per every time i get a email from steam with security msg ill be the owner of a few sports teams ... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

20 minutes ago, Bottle said:

So as a precedent it says the move to Steam can take years

The flip side is that Halo Master Chief Collection appeared on Steam at the same time, or close, it launched on the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.